PDA

View Full Version : Back in the Kansas City area!

Jaker
11-29-2013, 16:03
Lived in the Kansas City area for nine years and then left to start my Air Force career. Decided that I wanted to come home and pursue other options, so I am now in the Air Force Reserve. Now I'm new to the Midwest part of hanging! I was down in Louisiana and met some great hangers there! Hopefully get to know some new friends here. I'm an avid hiker and hammock camper. Got plenty of free time since I'm looking for a job in the area as well! Happy hanging!

RADIOHEAD
11-29-2013, 16:14
Well welcome back! There is a bumch of us planning a weekend hang if you would like to meet a few fellow hangers. It is a few threads down from the top, regarding Woodbridge. Come on out! We are a pretty laid back group and always welcome a new one!

RADIOHEAD
11-29-2013, 16:18
Sorry, I meant Woodridge, not Woodbridge! It is my eternal hope that I will learn to type one day. :D

RADIOHEAD
11-29-2013, 16:38
Sorry, I meant Woodridge, not Woodbridge! It is my eternal hope that I will learn to type one day. :D

Jaker
11-29-2013, 17:25
Thanks, I'll definitely go check it out! Well I have a WB Ridgerunner with the double layer, but I don't have any insulation. I could put a pad in the double layer, but I would need to buy one and a warmer sleeping bag. Other than that I don't know how I could make it warmer in a short amount of time.

RADIOHEAD
11-29-2013, 18:46
I have a couple of the military ACWS modular bag setups. I have used a closed cell pad between the bivy and the 2 bags. The bags are rated down to below zero and the bivy holds your pad in place in the hammock. They are heavy but this is a car camping run. You are welcome to use one if you like.

Jaker
11-30-2013, 16:53
I have a couple of the military ACWS modular bag setups. I have used a closed cell pad between the bivy and the 2 bags. The bags are rated down to below zero and the bivy holds your pad in place in the hammock. They are heavy but this is a car camping run. You are welcome to use one if you like.

Since we are car camping I'm all for it! Actually curious about how warm those bags can get too. I'm sure everyone will bring a lot of stuff!