PDA

View Full Version : Flip over GTSBPro for CCP sleeve?

jlink79
12-01-2013, 02:37
If I would flip a SBPro net down is the net strong enough to hold a CCP like a double hammock as a pad sleeve? I plane on actual using a diy refectex pad with my UQ this winter. Not sure if the stretch of the netting would cause sagging and shifting of a pad. I know the UQ would hold it in place when in the hammock but wasn't sure if I'd get shifting when out on it.

Fish<><
12-01-2013, 03:45
my brother has one, and that is exactly how he manages to do cold weather camping sans uq. it will work, plain and simple

jlink79
12-01-2013, 12:05
Thanks now to add other mods.
Have FroggToggs under cover now need a top cover
Removable Ridgeline.
Hoops for peak bags.
Four tabs for shockcord pullouts.
Swap my whoopies over.
Bishop bag.

Fish<><
12-02-2013, 04:56
Your welcome. All of the mods you listed are very doable. Since my brother is not a forum member, i ended up making his whoopies, and swapping those out. I have only made one bishop bag, and it was hand sewn. Not an overly easy task, but rewarding after 2 hours of stitches...2 years later, it is still as strong as the day I made it. DIY stuff is an integral part of this hobby to me, that keeps me interested in trying out new things. Kind of like cars for some. I like tinkering.... Enjoy your tinkering...

HammockHunter
01-10-2014, 12:37
I have a sbp I have used the net like that before I added a fixed ridgeline. A side note, the zipper and set on my hammock are not very sturdy. My zipper has torn away from the net, not through one use but over time. I think it is because the zipper is sewn directly to the net.