PDA

View Full Version : just got my Zeppelin, well its new to me.

miyanc
12-06-2013, 17:46
As this is my first uq I have a few questions.

Is there a head end vs the foot end?

Should there be cord locks on both sides for adjusting? I am not sure if what I am looking at is standard or if Wolverine changed anything.

The cord that attaches to the hammock or ridgeline (btw which is ideal I have a bias camper) should there be a mitten hook or sbiner?

What are the triangle clips attached along the lenth for? I think there are 3 or 4.

Redoleary
12-06-2013, 17:54
The older zeppelins had mitten hooks on the suspension. There should be a white ribbon holding on a triangle clip on the head end. Triangle clip are there just as optional use such as lacing it into a foot box for use on the ground etc. Mine does not have cord locks on the sides.... honestly don't remember if I took them off or not?

miyanc
12-06-2013, 18:47
Seems it would be short for a tq but at lease I now know head from foot.

miyanc
12-06-2013, 21:41
Can anyone show me pictures of what stock looks like? Some close ups of the head and foot end?

Redoleary
12-07-2013, 08:32
Paul has changed the suspension over the years, and I've played with mine enough that it's no longer stock, but if you email Paul at UGQ I'm sure he could answer any questions you might have. FWIW all I do is hook the mitten hooks directly to the hammock suspension on each end of the hammock and cinch up the end channels a fair amount to get a good seal. What is now stock on Zeppelins is some secondary suspension. I have added my own secondary suspension with just some pieces of shock cord tied to the triangle where the main suspension comes out and that clips up right next to the primary suspension. All this does is keeps the uq from scrunching up accordion style. I have no cord locks on my primary suspension. I may have mine set up today, if I get to it I'll take a pic or two. Let me know if there is something specific you would like to see.

miyanc
12-07-2013, 09:41
Paul has changed the suspension over the years, and I've played with mine enough that it's no longer stock, but if you email Paul at UGQ I'm sure he could answer any questions you might have. FWIW all I do is hook the mitten hooks directly to the hammock suspension on each end of the hammock and cinch up the end channels a fair amount to get a good seal. What is now stock on Zeppelins is some secondary suspension. I have added my own secondary suspension with just some pieces of shock cord tied to the triangle where the main suspension comes out and that clips up right next to the primary suspension. All this does is keeps the uq from scrunching up accordion style. I have no cord locks on my primary suspension. I may have mine set up today, if I get to it I'll take a pic or two. Let me know if there is something specific you would like to see.

Yes I spoke to paul and he gave me some info. I would still like to see pics. Even of the new one, but definitely of this version if someone has it. Like everything else I am sure I csn make it work, but I am trying to see how it was intended to work.