PDA

View Full Version : Many Thanks to Ed Speer for his support

attroll
05-01-2009, 12:40
The silent auction raised $609 to help support the hammock camping community--thanks to those who donated itmes & those who bid on the items!
I would like to thank Ed Speer of Speer Hammocks. He is donating $300 to HammockForums. I would like to thank Ed for picking our community as one of the ones he chose to support.

Thank you Ed.

http://www.speerhammocks.com/Assets/Images/TreeLogo2.jpg

headchange4u
05-01-2009, 13:12
Thanks Ed. :D

animalcontrol
05-01-2009, 13:19
Ed is an awesome contributer to HF...Thanks!
Well, chronologically, we are a great addition to Ed. :shades:

Cannibal
05-01-2009, 13:44
The hammock meetup group got a donation too!:thumbup:

To say I was shocked would be a grave understatement. We are using the funds to build stands for our hangs so that we can better spread the word without concern about rules involving trees. This was/is a huge assist and I can't thank Ed enough.

Ed, you the Man!

Ewker
05-01-2009, 13:56
The hammock meetup group got a donation too!:thumbup:

yeah when I found out some of the money was going to you :eek: I stopped bidding on couple of items :lol: :tongueup:

congrats and put the money to good use

tater
05-01-2009, 14:31
I'm exited about the June hang in Hot Springs... guess I'll have to bring some cash now, in case there is another auction....

angrysparrow
05-01-2009, 14:48
Thanks for supporting the forum, Ed.

I can't help but wonder - what all hammock camping organizations were donated to?

NotToWorry
05-04-2009, 10:24
Glad to help out! I personally know a bit about the dollar & time costs involved in providing web site forums & discussion groups. But it's these online communication services that are helping the most to spread the good news about camping hammocks. OK, I sell hammocks & accessories so I benefit financially from 'spreading the good news' but I also have a second agenda & that's to make camping & the outdoors more enjoyable to more people. Hammock camping changed my life for the better & I'm delighted to be a part of this new phenomenon. Getting the word out via the WWW just makes good sense, & everyone on this forum is a part of that.

We raised $609 at our first silent auction at the HS Apr09 Hang & the proceeds were split between: Hammock Forums, Cannibal's Colorado Hiking & Camping site, & my own Yahoo Group discussion site. If there is continued interest, we will gladly hold similar auctions again & again....continuing to raise money for online groups/sites that promote hammock camping. While the largest bid items at the HS Hang were donated by Speer Hammocks & Warbonnet Hammocks, other significant items were donated by individuals. It was a good chance to clean house getting rid of un-needed camping gear, & all for a good cause we all belive in. Karen & I sincerely thank everyone who participated.

neo
05-04-2009, 10:32
thanks ed,you are a great guy,i am planning on being at the june hangout:cool:neo