PDA

View Full Version : MA>Jingle Bell Hang Dec 21-22

Snaggletooth
12-13-2013, 21:42
I reserved a group site deep in the woods at "The Pines Campground"
in Ashby Ma.

December 21-22 Sat to Sun afternoon.

Cost is $5.oo per head plus firewood contribution.

State forest and Mount Watatic are nearby.

39 Davis Road, Ashby, MA, 01431

http://thepines-campground.com/

Showers and toilets will be open.

Wood can be purchased at location.

Who's in?

(If someone has the skills to make a sign up sheet go for it)

Grey Eagle
12-13-2013, 22:27
Right now I think I can make it but il know more by early next week. Will let you know for sure by Tuesday.

SkyPainter
12-15-2013, 16:24
===> I am SO in for this hang! :). Tried out my new NEOS Navigator overshoes today. Used them with LL Bean Slippers inside. Roasty-toasty! Thanks to Reason for introducing those last year! I may put my REI Down Booties in them for the hang, or get some Flamethrowers Socks from AHE. Whatever else, the NEOS work great!

Now to plan some food!

~ SkyPainter

Snaggletooth
12-15-2013, 19:00
I'll bring a tripod fire-top grill and meat most likely ribeye steaks.

cosmic camper
12-16-2013, 12:40
Oh man - I hope to attend! I'm reaching out to Country Roads to see if we can go together!

It would be great to see SkyPainter again and to meet some new hammockers!

SkyPainter
12-16-2013, 13:17
Oh man - I hope to attend! I'm reaching out to Country Roads to see if we can go together!

It would be great to see SkyPainter again and to meet some new hammockers!

===> Would be great to see you and CR again! Hope you can both make this one! It's halfway between us all!

~ SkyPainter

sunshower
12-16-2013, 14:39
we have a Christmas party Saturday night or we would be there.
Have fun and stay warm.

JoshuaTrees
12-16-2013, 20:42
Man, I so want to go to this! It's still almost a two hour drive for me, not sure if I can justify that for a one nighter. :(

Snaggletooth
12-16-2013, 21:42
Man, I so want to go to this! It's still almost a two hour drive for me, not sure if I can justify that for a one nighter. :(

If some of you want to go on Friday as we'll please do!
Just call up and reserve it for the same site.
I

SkyPainter
12-17-2013, 07:48
===> I think I might reserve the site for Friday for those who travel, and those who need more than one night in the Hammy!

Anyone else want to hang Friday night too???

~ Sky. \\ |||| //

12-17-2013, 08:23
I'm still looking to attend but she who must be obeyed may have other plans for this weekend :(

I'm a tentative right now, won't be able to get Friday off so it looks like if I make it I'll be there sat. a.m.

SkyPainter
12-17-2013, 23:45
I'm still looking to attend but she who must be obeyed may have other plans for this weekend :(

I'm a tentative right now, won't be able to get Friday off so it looks like if I make it I'll be there sat. a.m.

===> Well, I'll be sure there's enough BACON left for ya, buddy!

Hope to see ya there'

~ Sky

cosmic camper
12-18-2013, 09:57
Hey all - Country Roads is out, she has too much going on this weekend - and I may be out as well. I'm itching to do some hiking and want to head up to Belknap Mountain this weekend - I'm 50-50!!!

read: don't bring any EXTRA bacon, sky!

SkyPainter
12-18-2013, 10:46
Hey all - Country Roads is out, she has too much going on this weekend - and I may be out as well. I'm itching to do some hiking and want to head up to Belknap Mountain this weekend - I'm 50-50!!!

read: don't bring any EXTRA bacon, sky!

===> What is "extra" bacon? Never heard of it. Must be a typo! There is no such thing'

~ Sky

Grey Eagle
12-18-2013, 17:11
Bummer. A conflict that I can't get out of came up so I won't be able to make it. Hope you all have a great hang.

McRat
12-18-2013, 21:50
Looks like I'm in. :thumbup:

Looking forward to seeing you!

SkyPainter
12-18-2013, 21:56

Looking forward to seeing you!

===> Great! C'mon folks! We have a great group site reserved, and it's going to be pretty mild! Come out and play with us!

~ SkyPainter

Snaggletooth
12-18-2013, 22:15
===> Great! C'mon folks! We have a great group site reserved, and it's going to be pretty mild! Come out and play with us!

~ SkyPainter

+ This may be the last chance for group hang this year!

Looking forward to seeing you! YaY!!

SkyPainter
12-18-2013, 23:01
===> There might be a little bit of rain, so I am bringing a couple of tarps we can put over the general area and fireplace. Should be a good hang!

~ SkyPainter

shrineclown
12-19-2013, 13:38
I wish I could...kids have too much happening for me to break away that far....

If we were breaking into HFSP, I probably would have been able to swing that arriving late. Under the cover of darkness...cateyes guiding the way.

It is supposed to be like summer....enjoy. Really sorry I can't get this one in.

SkyPainter
12-19-2013, 21:47

If we were breaking into HFSP, I probably would have been able to swing that arriving late. Under the cover of darkness...cateyes guiding the way.

It is supposed to be like summer....enjoy. Really sorry I can't get this one in.

===> We'll miss you and Smokey, but other hangs will come up. Have a great holiday!

~ SkyPainter

SkyPainter
12-20-2013, 21:46
===> I should be arriving before noon tomorrow, and will set-up and get a good fire going if nobody is there yet. Otherwise, Seeya in the morning! Bringing extra tarps to put up over our eating area in case of rain.

Looking forward to this one!

~ SkyPainter

Snaggletooth
12-20-2013, 22:28
I'll be there Nooniish. I might bring a small guitar

Snaggletooth
12-21-2013, 01:07

No problem catch ya next tin Happy Christmas!

12-21-2013, 08:54
I'm out. I had the go ahead and then got sick. Hopefully it's over quick. Nice catching something just in time for the weekend.

SkyPainter
12-21-2013, 09:55
===> kid just came home from college for Winter Break, so I will be running later than planned. I WILL be there, though!

Sorry we'll miss those who can't make this one, but the Winter NEHHA is only a couple weeks away! :)

~ SkyPainter

Snaggletooth
12-21-2013, 11:07
I'm out. I had the go ahead and then got sick. Hopefully it's over quick. Nice catching something just in time for the weekend.
Get some rest , get better for the winter hang!

Snaggletooth
12-21-2013, 11:08
===> kid just came home from college for Winter Break, so I will be running later than planned. I WILL be there, though!

Sorry we'll miss those who can't make this one, but the Winter NEHHA is only a couple weeks away! :)

~ SkyPainter
I'll be a little later than planned too, wife went shopping left me with the kids but Ill take off when she gets back...