PDA

View Full Version : Underquilt protector

Durangoz
12-21-2013, 13:42
I wanted to order a underquilt protector to see how it did blocking wind. I wasn't sure what to expect and thought it would just be a utilitarian type of thing. I was surprised when it came and I opened the package and found that it was absolutely beautiful! It has perfect tiny stitching and finishing and is another piece of gear from a great cottage vendor to be proud of. Thank you! :)

Squirrel bait
12-21-2013, 13:45
I just got one of these incredible pieces of craftsmanship.

Mountain Gout
12-21-2013, 13:58
They make a big difference.... Especially when using a smaller tarp....

Mountnman
12-21-2013, 14:02
I just received mine a few weeks back and it works like a charm!!! Thanks 2QZQ!!!

Shug
12-21-2013, 14:06
I am to loving to mine……..
Shuggedy

Crowell392
12-21-2013, 14:10
I have a DIY hammock that I have made out of 1.1 ripstop will that make a decent underquilt protector?

Bec
12-21-2013, 14:16
If you don't mind me asking, which one did you guys get?

Durangoz
12-21-2013, 14:45

Beccy, I got the breathable one.

maztrain
12-21-2013, 14:46

I recently won one of these little beauties at the Fall MAHHA this year. I got the last one and it was the (Bridge/Gathered End) ripstop protector...GREAT PIECE OF GEAR!!!!! Works well with my WBBB and HG UQ......If you saw Shug's video review of his he showed how it comes up above the hammock when you pull the shockcords.....the Bridge/Gathered End does the same which is a great feature.....not sure how it hangs with a bridge hammock cause I don't use them but I'm sure it will protect the UQ but not come up over the hammock....maybe someone on here can answer that. Well that's my 2 cents....

HIKE ON
MAZ

Bec
12-21-2013, 14:55
Thanks for the input guys. I was debating on the breathable or not. Probably will go with that one to keep from having condensation. An "after" Christmas present to myself.

Bec
12-21-2013, 14:58
Oh.....and I have watched every video Shug has. That darn guy has cost me a lot of money!! Appreciate you Shug. I have learned a lot from you.

Law Dawg (ret)
12-21-2013, 15:57
Works well with my WBBB and HG UQ......If you saw Shug's video review of his he showed how it comes up above the hammock when you pull the shockcords.....the Bridge/Gathered End does the same which is a great feature.....not sure how it hangs with a bridge hammock cause I don't use them but I'm sure it will protect the UQ but not come up over the hammock....maybe someone on here can answer that. Well that's my 2 cents....

I got the one for gathered end...non silnylon. The middle shock cord adjustment works very well on my WBBB XLC. Allows me to cover more of the mesh (very low on the XLC) when stuff gets cold. Good piece of kit. Also interested in any info on the one for bridge hammocks as we are thinking about adding one to my bride's WBRR.

Passinthru
12-21-2013, 15:58
When I was choosing an UQP I read a lot of the discussion here. A comment that decided it for me was something like, "the only waterproof (non-breathable) item should be your tarp". Not an exact quote but it made sense to me. I got the breathable one.
I had Donna make me a custom sized one to fit my Clark. A beautiful job and a perfect fit.

2Questions
12-21-2013, 16:49
Also interested in any info on the one for bridge hammocks as we are thinking about adding one to my bride's WBRR.

Donna here...There are a couple of threads in our forum here on HF that will take you through the steps of designing it for the bridge, and the final outcome. Look for threads started by us and Acer.

Crowell392
12-21-2013, 18:56
Can someone post some pics of the ugp on the warbonnet xlc?

fallkniven
12-21-2013, 19:23
I got the one for gathered end...non silnylon. The middle shock cord adjustment works very well on my WBBB XLC. Allows me to cover more of the mesh (very low on the XLC) when stuff gets cold. Good piece of kit. Also interested in any info on the one for bridge hammocks as we are thinking about adding one to my bride's WBRR.

Donna here...There are a couple of threads in our forum here on HF that will take you through the steps of designing it for the bridge, and the final outcome. Look for threads started by us and Acer.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=59113

cba191
12-22-2013, 00:54
Just ordered my UQP. Thank you.

Law Dawg (ret)
12-22-2013, 15:55
https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=59113

Danke!

message entered too short...bla, bla, bla.

Canoefor2
12-22-2013, 16:04
By the way you can use it to hold your pad and or space blanket as well for that winter insulation. When I have car camped I have placed a wool blanket in to keep the bottom side warm works great. Also, in a pinch on dry hikes I have filled it with dry leaves and stayed warn as down all night. Great addition to the hammock.

OutandBack
12-22-2013, 22:13
By the way you can use it to hold your pad and or space blanket as well for that winter insulation. When I have car camped I have placed a wool blanket in to keep the bottom side warm works great. Also, in a pinch on dry hikes I have filled it with dry leaves and stayed warn as down all night. Great addition to the hammock.

Hi Canoefor2,
It sounds like you are talking about the HHSS which would do all the things you listed quite well.
The 2QZQ UQP wouldn't do those things very well. The ends use shockcord and the UQP hangs
lower that the HHSS so it does not compress the UQ.