PDA

View Full Version : Order #750 at Dream Hammock = Very excited!

Yankee
12-28-2013, 11:52
Ok after a solid 3 months of researching hammocks, and a couple of weeks going back and forth between the WBBB XLC and the Dream Hammock Thunderbird, I went with the TB. I am very excited about this as I am very picky when it comes to things like this. You all have helped me out a lot with this forum. I have never felt more at home or apart of a family from any other forum. God bless and Semper Fi

4shot
12-28-2013, 12:40
Ok after a solid 3 months of researching hammocks, and a couple of weeks going back and forth between the WBBB XLC and the Dream Hammock Thunderbird, I went with the TB. I am very excited about this as I am very picky when it comes to things like this. You all have helped me out a lot with this forum. I have never felt more at home or apart of a family from any other forum. God bless and Semper Fi

I would like to echo what you have said...I just got my first hammock after over a year's worth of reading/lurking/posting here. This site is invaluable and extremely more patient with us newbies than other forums.

I hope you enjoy the Thunderbird as much as I like my new setup (spent last night in it). And if you are/were a Marine, thanks for your service.

Yankee
12-28-2013, 13:22
I would like to echo what you have said...I just got my first hammock after over a year's worth of reading/lurking/posting here. This site is invaluable and extremely more patient with us newbies than other forums.

I hope you enjoy the Thunderbird as much as I like my new setup (spent last night in it). And if you are/were a Marine, thanks for your service.

Wow a year huh. I really started getting into this after watching Captain Berz on youtube, then watching Shug and his shenanigans really got me doing some researching. I did serve 7 years as a Devil Dog.

SteveJJ
12-28-2013, 21:32
I'll bet you love it.

I have a DangerBird 72 and sleep in it every night. It's holding up extremely well. The only problem is getting out of it to go to work!

Yankee
12-28-2013, 21:45
I'll bet you love it.

I have a DangerBird 72 and sleep in it every night. It's holding up extremely well. The only problem is getting out of it to go to work!

Thats always a good thing to hear about a product you buy. I happy that its a great product, but more proud that it was made right here in the USA.

arczeneb
12-28-2013, 22:25
Used my HH from the day introduced wanted to get current enter the DB
#747 132x68, foliage gray? What is nice options and fabric choices added some whistles with bells but still 2lbs.
Now the wait begins. Welcome to the club.

Divigation
12-29-2013, 11:08
I am order 722 and cannot wait. I spent the past year getting hammocks at the REI garage sale and trying out different configs before deciding to go with a custom built to end everything. My underground tarp will be just behind my Thunderbird.

bigsilver
12-29-2013, 11:13
I am order 751. I was doing the same as you about 3 months between a 10' or 11' thunderbird or a xlc. My thoughts were I am going to end up with both anyway so I went with the dream first because it was the first custom hammock I looked at. I also ordered a 12' UGQ winter tarp. Really really excited.