PDA

View Full Version : How do I use a whoopie sling?

DRobertson
12-31-2013, 19:37
I know the basics of what they are, but do you only have to pull on the tightening rope, or do you have to tie a knot afterwards?

Paulie
12-31-2013, 19:40
No knot required, but be sure you milk the bury!

SilvrSurfr
12-31-2013, 19:43
No knot required. The chinese-finger trap action of the bury keeps the whoopie from slipping.

mudsocks
12-31-2013, 19:51
If a picture is worth a thousand words how much is a video worth? The first 20 seconds shows how to use a whoopie sling. As the rope is loaded it compresses itself preventing slip. No knots needed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbaiSv-hVHA

DRobertson
01-03-2014, 22:22
thanks! thats pretty simple. Now just to find some...

SilvrSurfr
01-03-2014, 22:36
thanks! thats pretty simple. Now just to find some...

whoopieslings.com
dutchware.com

and countless other cottage vendors sell them.

brucethompson
02-05-2014, 13:00
Just make some.

SmokeBait
02-07-2014, 11:12
I really like the video Octothorpesarus (that's a mouthful) references. The large line makes for a great visual aid. Good folks at Treestuff.com too.

bootstick
02-16-2014, 21:28
I bought one from whoopieslings.com, Make sure to buy some toggles, you can make your own if you would like, I just bought them for the convenience. You don't need any knots, I just make a marlin hitch in my tree huggers and put a toggle in the hitch, than I attach the whoopie sling and connect it to a carrribeaner that is connected to the end of my hammock ( I wish i knew all the proper terms, I am kind of new) I like them because for me It gives me options on length, If i found a nice spot and the distance between the trees are small, I will only use two caribeaners connected to tree huggers, I can use whoopie slings on both sides for a longer distance

SmokeBait
02-18-2014, 13:27
I bought one from whoopieslings.com, Make sure to buy some toggles, you can make your own if you would like, I just bought them for the convenience. You don't need any knots, I just make a marlin hitch in my tree huggers and put a toggle in the hitch, than I attach the whoopie sling and connect it to a carrribeaner that is connected to the end of my hammock ( I wish i knew all the proper terms, I am kind of new) I like them because for me It gives me options on length, If i found a nice spot and the distance between the trees are small, I will only use two caribeaners connected to tree huggers, I can use whoopie slings on both sides for a longer distance

Thanks for your comments Bootstick!

bootstick
02-18-2014, 19:42
Thanks for your comments Bootstick!

No problem : ), I hope I helped

MAD777
02-18-2014, 20:37
I was going to reply that it is a simple two-step process -
1. Inflate it
2. Sit on it

But then I realized that I had confused the cushion for the sling :D

DRobertson