PDA

View Full Version : new hanger questions

Shortbus
05-10-2009, 15:19
heres the deal i havent gone camping in a loooong time because i dont like tent sleeping and when i saw that i could go camping with a hammock i got excited so i bought a eno double and some slapstraps what else i should get i live in NC so the weather isnt all that bad most of the time but i do like to be prepared any help would be appriciated

rigidpsycho
05-10-2009, 16:01
You will need a tarp in case of rain and some type of bottom insulation. The walmart blue ccf pads are pretty good for starters.

Ramblinrev
05-10-2009, 16:09
keep an eye on th group hang forum and make it to one of those. There are several in the NC area. It's like browing through the biggest hammock warehouse you can imagine. If it is made or imagined for hammock hanging one of the group hangs is the best place to find them. If you work it right you may even be able to leave with something tucked under your arm. Lots of folks, at least in the midatlantic, happen to have extra gear "tucked in the car in case they need it."

shrek
05-10-2009, 19:58
Join the hang in Hot Springs, NC, June 12-14. It's going to be a fun weekend of getting to see our friends from here, and drooling over the new toys everyone has.

Shortbus
05-11-2009, 13:27
i was hoping to be able to go like i said i havent been camping in a long time other than a hammock, tarp and pad what else do i need bring

shrek
05-11-2009, 13:35
i was hoping to be able to go like i said i havent been camping in a long time other than a hammock, tarp and pad what else do i need bring

Bring whatever insulation you might need. Maybe a tube for floating down the river, or hiking gear if you want to walk the trail some. Check out this thread for more info...
http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8419

It will be a fun weekend.