PDA

View Full Version : Custom Racing Stripes - Quilt Review

adkphoto
01-04-2014, 14:13
A couple of months ago, I asked Paul about the possibility of making me a multi-colored quilt. He and Missy were excited about it! I needed a 0° top quilt, and after getting some fabric samples from Paul, decided on a Desert Tan quilt with a Burnt Orange stripe. The finished product was awesome! I liked it so much, that I also ordered an underquilt to match. Of course they both have impeccable workmanship!

I had tried them out a couple of weeks ago, but it only got down to about 20°...not a fair test. Last night, it was -2°F, so I figured that was a good test. The quilts kept me nice and warm. They not only look good, but they work good too!

David

Cranky Bear
01-04-2014, 14:50
The quilts look great, nice choice in colors.

tjayblues
01-04-2014, 14:59
Love it ... I am close to placing an UGQ order, just need to pull the trigger on it!

Just saw that Camillus was your home base ... I grew up in Fayetteville and miss the snow!

chickenwing
01-04-2014, 16:40
That's awesome. Looks really fast. ;)

sr1355
01-04-2014, 17:07
ZOOM! ZOOM! Looking good out there... Thanks for the pictures...

mudsocks
01-04-2014, 18:32
Sweet looking setup.

lazy river road
01-04-2014, 18:37
That's an awesome looking quilt!!! Me like :)

Dos
01-04-2014, 21:36
Sweet looking setup.

ditto! ! !

psyon27
01-06-2014, 15:17
How much extra was the customization for this? That looks great! I have been eyeing their quilts since I started reading these forums!

Ken

adkphoto
01-06-2014, 16:10
Paul and Missy make some awesome quilts!

The extra customization is $40.

@TJAYBLUES Lots of people up here would say you can have the snow, but I don't mind it.

David

genixia
01-09-2014, 00:12
Oh, so you're the person responsible for my bouts of jealousy. Thanks! That is an awesome color combination.

_jstevens2010_
01-09-2014, 22:27
Great looking UQ and TQ. I saw pics of your quilts on their Facebook website. I have a 20* from them as well and love it. I used it on a 28* night and I was perfect. I love Under Ground quilts so much i bit the bullet after so much debate and bought the 20* TQ w 3 ounces of overstuff. All of these companies are so nice on HF but I say no need to buy from anyone else. UnderGround is the best and the coolest. I really like their website, their color options and their status page. (End-to-End) service in my opinion. :D

Leebums
01-09-2014, 22:37
A couple of months ago, I asked Paul about the possibility of making me a multi-colored quilt. He and Missy were excited about it! I needed a 0° top quilt, and after getting some fabric samples from Paul, decided on a Desert Tan quilt with a Burnt Orange stripe. The finished product was awesome! I liked it so much, that I also ordered an underquilt to match. Of course they both have impeccable workmanship!

I had tried them out a couple of weeks ago, but it only got down to about 20°...not a fair test. Last night, it was -2°F, so I figured that was a good test. The quilts kept me nice and warm. They not only look good, but they work good too!

David

How much was the top quilt? Can you choose any color? and how could I get in contact with the people/person that made that for you? Website?

Paulie
01-09-2014, 22:44
www.undergroundquilts.com

adkphoto
01-10-2014, 07:39
Thanks everyone. I was really happy with the way that they turned out. One of the things that I like about working with Paul is that I can bounce different ideas off of him for customization. He is truly great to work with! If you have an idea that is not off the shelf, send him an email about it. He has made me some phenomenal gear and exemplifies great customer service.

@Leebums check out their Web site undergroundquilts.com for pricing. It's easy to navigate. If you have any questions, shoot Paul an email at [email protected].

David

Pimms
02-05-2014, 13:36
Awesome may have to pay a bit more and get stripes on the UQ and TQ I'm planning on ordering later this week, so many colors to choose from such a hard decision!

gunner76
02-05-2014, 21:54
Do the racing stripes allow you to get to sleep faster ?

adkphoto
02-06-2014, 08:58
Do the racing stripes allow you to get to sleep faster ?

Oh Yeah! Set up is faster too! :)