PDA

View Full Version : Zepplin and Flight Jacket for Christmas

Tangent
01-07-2014, 23:57
My kids gave me a 20* FlightJacket and a 0* Zepplin for Christmas. I tried them out two night later at about 34* and was toasty warm. Well made Paul and Missy, I'm very pleased with the quality and warmth.

I have one question though. I don't have the space to keep them completely out at all times, so need to keep them in a stuff sack. How compressed can they stay in storage and still regain their loft? They are both 700 DWR DD. Will the stuff sacks sent with the quilts work for long term storage?

Lindrome

sr1355
01-08-2014, 07:18
Someone was a good boy last year...:rolleyes: Congrats on the new gear and we hope they keep you warm for years to come.

Quilt Storage Options in preferred order

1) Laying flat full lofted, maybe under a bed...

2) Hanging full lofted...

3) Store in king size cotton pillow case...

As for storing in provided silnylon stuff sack I have had gear stored in those for several months. The quilts typically take a bit longer to loft but I have seen no long term negative effect. Our down is warehoused at our supplier in an extreme state of compression and it regains it's loft with no problem. There are many different opinions on compressed storage of down but I know of no definitive study determining it has a negative impact on the down.

Before going on a trip, if you choose to store in the provided silnylon stuff sack, place the quilts in a dryer one at a time with 6-12 clean tennis balls for 10-15 minutes with no heat or low heat if you know the dryer does not run HOT. This will restore loft nicely for your trip then just repack in stuff sacks.