PDA

View Full Version : a video that fits

cavediver2
05-14-2009, 10:53
I do not intend this to be a commercial about Clarks. What it is intended to do is show why we as hangers chose to use hammocks. It just happened to be a clark owner that made this and I found it to be a good video. Now I just wish Shug would follow up with a video like this but more comical.

TuO6CYxb9q4

GrizzlyAdams
05-14-2009, 15:59
enjoyed that, thanks. Maybe that was Shug on the mandolin?

Grizz

gunn parker
05-14-2009, 20:53
Very good, just goes to show how easy camping should be :)

pizza
05-15-2009, 05:45
I am still pretty new to hammocking and have only set mine up less than a dozen times but I still couldn't set my hammock/tarp up any faster than my REI quarter dome tent. In fact I think the hammock would still take me longer. Of course I much prefer the hammock over the tent.:laugh:

Shug
05-18-2009, 16:06
That was very cool .... wish I could pick the mando that well!
Love how the Clark guy just sat in his hammock letting his buddy suffer the indignity.
Whhhhh Nooooo Buddy.
Thanks for posting that as I needed to see a video.
Shug

RTR
05-18-2009, 16:33
Love the way they go from the woods to the manicured lawn with trimmed bushes and everything. Also love the directional rain :rolleyes:. Yea I will agree that I can not setup my hammock any quicker than my old tent...however I can deff string my tarp up and be under dry cover way before I could get my tent and Rain Fly up. Plus once your up a hammock is just so much more comfy and open.

cavediver2
05-18-2009, 17:14
with my ground dwelling friends I can set up any of my hammocks faster than they can set tents up and with the Black Bird it pretty much set's it's self up just the tarp.

Shug I cannot say out loud but I have been that guy sitting in his hammock for snow and rain watching my buddy struggle with his tent cause of cold fingers and such. And it is rather funny sitting on the side lines cheering out see
you need a hammock......... I guess I am just that kinda a guy sometimes.

Lorethian
05-20-2009, 21:26
Cavediver,

I see you are from Southern IL and that you are a traveling man. I assume you have been to the east. Might I ask what area of Southern IL you are from? My father was "Raised" in Fairfield IL.

cavediver2
05-20-2009, 22:22
Cavediver,

I see you are from Southern IL and that you are a traveling man. I assume you have been to the east. Might I ask what area of Southern IL you are from? My father was "Raised" in Fairfield IL.

Yes spent allot of time out east over the years in one fashion or another. If im not mistaken fairfield is north of me about 95 miles or so.