PDA

View Full Version : newbie WTB

trouttracker
01-16-2014, 10:14
Loking for a hammock to start out with. Kinda like the ENO singlenest or the SIB hiker lite double layer but will consider any others. Will be using it for weekend outings.

itsharv
01-16-2014, 20:09
I started out wit an eno I'd definitely at least go with the double. I then got a butt in a sling wwm and looooove it. Might set you back a few more dollars but we'll worth it

Mumbles
01-16-2014, 22:33
What is your budget? Do you have do it yourself skills?

Snaggletooth
01-16-2014, 23:00
Enos are a gateway hammock, you think its going to stop there? pffffft ... muahaha

Mountnman
01-16-2014, 23:02
If your budget allows I agree on the ENO double nest. If you have a little more to spend the Wilderness Logics Snipe hammock is a great laying hammock.

trouttracker
01-17-2014, 10:33
looking to spend a little at first to make sure I like Hammocking.

fishwater
01-17-2014, 16:03
looking to spend a little at first to make sure I like Hammocking.

I would go with the Snipe if I were you. It's a comfortable hammock and there is a better chance you will have a more positive first impression of hammocks.

If you like it, no need to upgrade or go lighter.

If you don't, strong chance you could get at least half your money back by selling it used on this forum. (but then again you need 50 posts to sell on here).

Zilla
01-17-2014, 16:13
If you really want to get it right the first time then keep an eye out in your area for a group hang and stop in and try out a few, people at these hangs will be more than willing to show off thier gear and let you climb in and check it out.
Wabonnet makes a great hammock and you may even like the lay of a bridge hammock. Find a hang and stop by!

fishwater
01-17-2014, 16:18
Just saw this pop up on the forum. 10 1/2 foot hammock with whoopie slings and tree straps all for $40. Seems like a great deal.

http://hammeck.webs.com/apps/webstore/products/show/4079613

Dos
01-17-2014, 16:28
That's a great first setup fishwater.
I was also going to suggest when Woot has their sales on hammocks,
get a Yukon.
They come in doubles as well as one with a net for $25.
You'd have to convert the suspension, but you can get some whoopie slings on the PIF thread after you have 50 posts (didn't look at your post count).

I'd be willing to let go of my double Yukon (no net) for $25 +$5 shipping (what I paid for it).

or, another thought: you can do a tablecloth factory outlet hammock.
I don't have the thread handy, but someone shows step by step how to set one up.
Then you can get your amsteel for whoopie slings because we get a code and it is on sale today!

Zilla
01-17-2014, 16:48
That's a great first setup fishwater.
I was also going to suggest when Woot has their sales on hammocks,
get a Yukon.
They come in doubles as well as one with a net for $25.
You'd have to convert the suspension, but you can get some whoopie slings on the PIF thread after you have 50 posts (didn't look at your post count).

I'd be willing to let go of my double Yukon (no net) for $25 +$5 shipping (what I paid for it).

or, another thought: you can do a tablecloth factory outlet hammock.
I don't have the thread handy, but someone shows step by step how to set one up.
Then you can get your amsteel for whoopie slings because we get a code and it is on sale today!
where is the sale on amsteel? and what is the code?