PDA

View Full Version : MA>NEHHA Spring Swing Planning>Ashby, MA>April 4-6

Pages : [1] 2 3

SkyPainter
01-16-2014, 17:12
*** NEW THREAD !!! ***

Unfortunately, computer gremlins ate the previous thread for this hang. This will be the replacement planning thread.

This hang be held on:

April 4 - 6, 2014

At:

The Pines Campground
39 Davis Road
Ashby, MA 01431

I will be putting more information here in a bit, as I am still waiting for information on approximate attendees to negotiate pricing for this hang.

A sign-up spreadsheet should be up shortly. Please fill that out when it is there!

Again, more later.

Thanks -

SkyPainter

Tripod
01-16-2014, 17:16
The link to the sign-up spreadsheet is below

raiffnuke
01-16-2014, 17:20
I am in and will bring the pooches.

Nighthauk
01-16-2014, 19:04
I am in with the Hauk family.

fishbait
01-16-2014, 19:23
I'm tentative at best, but if I can make it then the pup is coming as well. We're working on his hammock skills

Talox
01-16-2014, 19:52
tentatively 2 for a Saturday Am arrival......

Save us some trees.......

PS... This Might be my wife's first full night in a hammock.

SkyPainter
01-16-2014, 20:00
tentatively 2 for a Saturday Am arrival......

Save us some trees.......

PS... This Might be my wife's first full night in a hammock.

===> Great! We will make her feel welcome, help dial-in her rig, and have enough food there to amaze and delight!

Please sign-up on the planning spreadsheet in Tripod's signature!

~ SkyPainter

Snaggletooth
01-16-2014, 21:08
We're going to "try"adding a couple activities at this hang.

1) a gear swap N trade pile or tent
2) scheduled workshops (example knife and axe sharpening ,fire starting ,Tree identification etc)
If you want to volunteer to teach a class on something outdoorsy send me a pm More to follow.

Also I thought Gogrills did an awesome job at narrating the hammock tour last time. If folks are interested we can do that again.

fishbait
01-16-2014, 22:35
The Pines Campground
39 Davis Road
Ashby, MA 01431

SkyPainter

Nice that's just north of Worcester. Easy enough to get to

oldsoldier
01-17-2014, 00:02
Can't make the weekend, am working. I can stop in Saturday afternoon/evening though, to say hi :)

SkyPainter
01-17-2014, 00:36
Can't make the weekend, am working. I can stop in Saturday afternoon/evening though, to say hi :)

===> Awesome, Bill! Will be great to see you again buddy! Just in time for the Group Gorge!

~ Sky

SkyPainter
01-17-2014, 00:37
Nice that's just north of Worcester. Easy enough to get to

===> Great! Hope to see you there! It's a cool place!

~ Sky

SkyPainter
01-17-2014, 11:09
===> UPDATE:

Gastar and I are planning to go hang there prior to the actual Spring Swing, to finalize details with the owner, do some initial site(s) recon, and check the condition of the place for the hang.

Let me know if you would like to get away for a night or two between now and the group hang!

We will try to get some pics of the place then as well.

~ SkyPainter

raiffnuke
01-17-2014, 11:23
I might be in for a recon hang.

Big Joe
01-17-2014, 11:37
Hi guys I've been offline for a while due to health issues and would like to get in on this if possible. Deciding factors would be health of course and how close I would be able to park to my site. But the fact that I haven't been out in the woods in over a year is driving me nuts and a big push towards me wanting to get to this if it is a car camp with on site parking. Thank you in advance for any information that could be given.

SkyPainter
01-17-2014, 12:20
Hi guys I've been offline for a while due to health issues and would like to get in on this if possible. Deciding factors would be health of course and how close I would be able to park to my site. But the fact that I haven't been out in the woods in over a year is driving me nuts and a big push towards me wanting to get to this if it is a car camp with on site parking. Thank you in advance for any information that could be given.

===> Hi Joe! I hope your health issues are stable! It IS car camping. We have yet to decide on which sites we would have access to, but are drive right up. We were there in about a foot of snow, and some access had not been plowed yet.

If you need any help carrying gear or anything else to a site, we are there for you! There may end-up being a short walk to the site - few hundred yards or so, depending on what we negotiate by then.

If you can come, please do! We can assist with whatever you need! We even have two highly qualified Nurses with us! :D

~ Sky

Big Joe
01-17-2014, 12:49
Thank you Skypainter as I said I have a huge amount of cabin fever right now and need to get out. I just missed the last hang got out of the hospital and did have enough time to get my gear cleaned and ready to go so as long as my back doesn't give out again and put me back in the hospital again I'm there gear is cleaned and packed and repacked ready to go thanks again

SkyPainter
01-17-2014, 13:17
===> Great BigJoe! Glad to have ya! Bring a real appetite, and a sense of humor with your gear! 😄

Pleas sign up on the spreadsheet on either Tripod's or Nitehauk's signatures.

~ Sky

gogrillz
01-17-2014, 16:51
We're going to "try"adding a couple activities at this hang.

1) a gear swap N trade pile or tent
2) scheduled workshops (example knife and axe sharpening ,fire starting ,Tree identification etc)
If you want to volunteer to teach a class on something outdoorsy send me a pm More to follow.

Also I thought Gogrillz did an awesome job at narrating the hammock tour last time. If folks are interested we can do that again.

I think this is a great idea!! I'd be happy to do a live demonstration of the GOGRILLZ if you guys want, and the hammock tour. :laugh:

SkyPainter
01-17-2014, 19:23
I think this is a great idea!! I'd be happy to do a live demonstration of the GOGRILLZ if you guys want, and the hammock tour. :laugh:

===> AWESOME! I never got a real demo of your stove/grill! Would LOVE that! And you did a great job on the Grand Hammock Tour at the Nor'Easter hang!

Thanks!

~ SkyPainter

hk2001
01-17-2014, 23:18
I'd love to learn some primative firecraft if anyone has the knowledge.

I missed the fancy feast stove workshop at the winter hang :( And I need to bring some paracord and a video camera so I can learn the Cindy Sinnet and be able to actually do it at home.

Is there going to be any fishing water close by?

I

SkyPainter
01-17-2014, 23:31

I missed the fancy feast stove workshop at the winter hang :( And I need to bring some paracord and a video camera so I can learn the Cindy Sinnet and be able to actually do it at home.

I

===> I can show you (if I can find my stuff) how start a fire with flint and steel, a bow drill, a fire plow, a fire piston, a battery and steel wool, a leather shoelace, a drop of water, a Firesteel with many fuels - alcohol prep pads, cotton balls and Vaseline, dryer lint, jute twine, human hair, a piece of glass, and several other ways.

As to fishing - yes - the brook on the property holds small Brook Trout, and the Squannacook River is right down the street, which is stocked by the state and holds nice Rainbows as well. Good fly fishing!

I can help with the Cindy Sinnet if she is not there.

~ SkyPainter

hk2001
01-18-2014, 08:16
===> I can show you (if I can find my stuff) how start a fire with flint and steel, a bow drill, a fire plow, a fire piston, a battery and steel wool, a leather shoelace, a drop of water, a Firesteel with many fuels - alcohol prep pads, cotton balls and Vaseline, dryer lint, jute twine, human hair, a piece of glass, and several other ways.

As to fishing - yes - the brook on the property holds small Brook Trout, and the Squannacook River is right down the street, which is stocked by the state and holds nice Rainbows as well. Good fly fishing!

~ SkyPainter

Well I will probably leave the fly rod at home, I just got a new redington setup for christmas, but I have no idea how to use it. The on site brook sounds promising though, is a Mass fishing license required for it?

By primitive fire starting, I was referring specifically to a bow drill, as I know a few of the other options.. But I have to admit, the "Drop of water" has got me wondering :laugh:

sunshower
01-18-2014, 08:41
===> UPDATE:

Gastar and I are planning to go hang there prior to the actual Spring Swing, to finalize details with the owner, do some initial site(s) recon, and check the condition of the place for the hang.

Let me know if you would like to get away for a night or two between now and the group hang!

We will try to get some pics of the place then as well.

~ SkyPainter

Interested!!!!

sunshower
01-18-2014, 08:45
Also, if Relax comes, he should do a demo on pot stands. We made one with his help at the last hang.

sunshower
01-18-2014, 09:09
FYI.. Finally added pics to Nor'easter Hang thread

SemperFiGuy
01-18-2014, 09:11
Well I will probably leave the fly rod at home, I just got a new redington setup for christmas, but I have no idea how to use it. The on site brook sounds promising though, is a Mass fishing license required for it?

By primitive fire starting, I was referring specifically to a bow drill, as I know a few of the other options.. But I have to admit, the "Drop of water" has got me wondering :laugh:

Justin,

A MA Fishing license would be required. That being said, I don't know how active the Environmental Police are in that area, but I do know that the fine is more than the license. Would probably be worth looking into.

Sky,

With regard to the Recon Mission, I would certainly be interested. I'll keep monitoring the traffic on this thread for details.

All the best !
Gil

SkyPainter
01-18-2014, 10:03
Justin,

A MA Fishing license would be required. That being said, I don't know how active the Environmental Police are in that area, but I do know that the fine is more than the license. Would probably be worth looking into.

Sky,

With regard to the Recon Mission, I would certainly be interested. I'll keep monitoring the traffic on this thread for details.

All the best !

Gil

===> First of all, a fishing license (which can be purchase online and printed at home) is a good thing to do. It helps fund the stocking programs, and others.

That said, you do NOT need a license as long as you are fishing with ME. I am a certified Master Instructor for the Dept of Fish and Wildlife's "Angler Education Program", and have a "Master License" covering anyone I may be teaching at the time. But buy the license! If we get to do it, you will have so much fun you will want to go on your own!

Gil....we will keep the thread updated for the Recon Hang! Mg lad to have ya!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/18/2u9uhyja.jpg

~ Sky

cosmic camper
01-18-2014, 11:19
Oh boy oh boy - the workshop idea sounds a w e s o m e!

Knife sharpening would be a BIG help - but I'll stop by for whatever is going on :)

SemperFiGuy
01-18-2014, 11:36
Roger that Master Instructor.

I'll bring my dental floss and barbless hook and see what I come up with :)

I always buy a combination license at the beginning of the year. Keeps me covered in case I get the urge to do something fun and it does help fund DCR's special programs.

Sounds like the hang is coming into focus Chaaaz and Jerry. That's great!

All the best !
Gil

SkyPainter
01-18-2014, 12:18
Oh boy oh boy - the workshop idea sounds a w e s o m e!

Knife sharpening would be a BIG help - but I'll stop by for whatever is going on :)

===> I will try to remember to bring a suite of stones, strops, and other goodies for knife sharpening. Axes by hand are generally done with files, sandpapers, sometimes Jewelers Rouge, and in bad cases, grinders.

In each case, you don't want them super sharp! That would produce a very thin cutting edge which will 'roll over' during use, and produce a 'wire edge', and not cut well, or even chip the edge. Knives or axes/hatches.

One decent DIY method uses a rubber computer mouse pad, and ascending grits of 'wet dry' sandpaper instead of expensive honing stones. I will bring both methods to the hang.

01-18-2014, 16:48

I
I'll have my sheet metal punch and plenty of cat food cans to do super cat stoves. I'll also take one for the team and drink a 12 of the metal bottles and cut them up using my pipe cutter ahead of time for the fancy feast. I'll have some fiberglass cloth to work with, if you want to use header wrap or carbon felt bring it along and we'll give it a go.

Also, if Relax comes, he should do a demo on pot stands. We made one with his help at the last hang.
I'll have my tin snips for pot stands and I'll try to find some stainless steel hardware cloth instead of the zinc coated. If anyone can help with a good place to purchase this I'd appreciate it.

I can also assist Chaz with the sharpening if needed. Specifically scandi and convex grinds and re profiling and edge.

SkyPainter
01-18-2014, 16:54
I'll have my sheet metal punch and plenty of cat food cans to do super cat stoves. I'll also take one for the team and drink a 12 of the metal bottles and cut them up using my pipe cutter ahead of time for the fancy feast. I'll have some fiberglass cloth to work with, if you want to use header wrap or carbon felt bring it along and we'll give it a go.

I'll have my tin snips for pot stands and I'll try to find some stainless steel hardware cloth instead of the zinc coated. If anyone can help with a good place to purchase this I'd appreciate it.

I can also assist Chaz with the sharpening if needed. Specifically scandi and convex grinds and re profiling and edge.

===> I have about a 3 or 4 foot roll of hardware cloth I will bring, John. Might be Zinc coated though, not sure. I will bring it anyway, also a pair of tin snips, so you can do a working class.

~ Sky

SemperFiGuy
01-18-2014, 17:26

John,

I'm a team player. I'll do my part in drinking another 12 metal bottles for the team.

All the best !
Gil

CountryRoads
01-18-2014, 17:45
Is anyone thinking of hanging for a night on the recon mission?

Also the workshops sound awesome. Sky, I want to see this drop of water thing? Do you use it as a lense somehow?

01-18-2014, 18:50
John,

I'm a team player. I'll do my part in drinking another 12 metal bottles for the team.

All the best !
Gil

Sounds like a plan Gil. I'm starting tonight :D

These are going to make some neat looking stoves!

Stargaze
01-18-2014, 19:32

Where did you find the Buds? Never have seen them before.

Stargaze
01-18-2014, 19:35
Sky, you wouldnt have any Mary or Levi's in your family tree would you? All originally from Mass and Maine.

SemperFiGuy
01-18-2014, 19:56

John,

I'm doing my part as we speak. Just practicing for the real deal.

Chelsea,

Sounds like several folks are up for an overnight Recon Hang. Stay tuned on this thread for more info from Sky.

All the best !
Gil

SkyPainter
01-18-2014, 20:03
Sky, you wouldnt have any Mary or Levi's in your family tree would you? All originally from Mass and Maine.

===> Yup! Family from Maine as well, and my sister's name is Mary!

~ Sky

SkyPainter
01-18-2014, 20:13
Is anyone thinking of hanging for a night on the recon mission?

Also the workshops sound awesome. Sky, I want to see this drop of water thing? Do you use it as a lense somehow?

===> Yes, great guess! Take any piece of glass (including your eyeglasses) and carefully put a drop of water on it. The convex shape of the drop turns the glass into a magnifying glass, which can then be focused on any combustible material to get an ember, or an actual flame.

Remember, three things are needed to start a fire:

1) An ignition source ( the 'magnifying' or sunlight focusing agent in this case;

2) Initial fuel (tinder) - can be about anything combustible, especially with a low ignition point

And 3) Oxygen - to feed any ember or flame created.

Fire = life in most survival situations.

I always have multiple methods of fire starting on me at all times!

Seeya soon!

~ Sky

CountryRoads
01-18-2014, 21:08
Agreed. That's brilliant. You could also put some water in a clear plastic bag, make it into a ball that will work as a lense (saw that on tv). Or you could mold a piece of ice into a lense. And one that Pretbek told me last weekend was to hang some water in your tarp and let it freeze. That would probably make the best lense. We should have a competition to see who can come up with the most ways to start a fire.

Also, for the workshops I could bring materials to make pace-counters and teach people how to use them.

I could also bring my lock picking kit and teach people how to pick locks (as long as we all agree to only use these skills on our personal property). I could bring a couple extra kits to give away. They're super easy to make with a grinder and some hacksaw blades.

Stargaze
01-18-2014, 21:28
===> Yup! Family from Maine as well, and my sister's name is Mary!

~ Sky

Is your sister named after an aunt or great aunt?.If you get this message tonight and have time give me a call. 774-263-1251.

Tripod
01-19-2014, 08:28
I'll have my sheet metal punch and plenty of cat food cans to do super cat stoves.

I tested the stoves I made after I came home. The one we did with the smaller holes won't sty lit. It burns for a little while and goes out. The Fancy Feast stove, the one with the fiberglas and no holes works like a charm. Blossomed quickly and maintained flame to boil. I am going to have to do a timed test against my penny stove, but right at the moment I am ready to switch. Less fuel to start,(no prime) and just as light. Thanks for the help.

Snaggletooth
01-19-2014, 12:19
As of now these are the scheduled workshops

1) Fire building/Fire building2
2) Sharp & Pointy things!
3) Knots
4) Advanced Fishing
5 Axe and Knife sharpening
6 Map and Compass Navigation

Sound good?

If you want to volunteer to teach a class pm me
I see some of you suggesting crafts and DiYs and demo we can schedule those too.
As we get close to the event I'll have an estimated grid schedule ready.
Eating sitting around fire and lounging in a hammock will still be an all day event no worries ;-)

SkyPainter
01-19-2014, 12:44
===> Preparing for the Spring Swing with advanced Donut Eating. Practice and preparation for the AFC Championship Game today! GO PATS!!!

~ SkyPainter

Nighthauk
01-19-2014, 12:45
You know with all this scheduling you are cutting into my sitting around the campfire time. I thought I was suppose to relax. Lol.

Looks good though.

SkyPainter
01-19-2014, 12:46
===> Forgot the pic! Duh.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/20/8ugaqyja.jpg

Mmmmmm.... Dooonuuuts !!!

~ Sky

Snaggletooth
01-19-2014, 12:51
You know with all this scheduling you are cutting into my sitting around the campfire time. I thought I was suppose to relax. Lol.

Looks good though.

*Eating, sitting around fire and lounging in a hammock will still be an all day event no worries ;-)

CountryRoads
01-19-2014, 17:42
Gastar, I played around with the Tato gear element stove a bit and it's probably something I won't use much. I'll give it to you next time I see you. And thanks for organizing the workshops. I'll bring stuff to make pace-counters and pick locks but you don't have to schedule that in, neither of those things take much teaching. If people are interested they can just find me and I'll show them. Maybe I'll throw the lock picking kits in the raffle.

SkyPainter
01-19-2014, 18:22
Gastar, I played around with the Tato gear element stove a bit and it's probably something I won't use much. I'll give it to you next time I see you. And thanks for organizing the workshops. I'll bring stuff to make pace-counters and pick locks but you don't have to schedule that in, neither of those things take much teaching. If people are interested they can just find me and I'll show them. Maybe I'll throw the lock picking kits in the raffle.

===> what are your thoughts on the Tato Element, Chelsea?

~ Sky - who won a $25 Gift Cert to Tato's website.

Snaggletooth
01-19-2014, 20:02

Thanks for the offer , I have interest in the stove but don't think its something I would use all that much either. Maybe I can trade you something for it :)
I would like to learn a thing or two about lock picking and the kit would be good for the raffle.

By the way I like the ridge line pouch , its going to work out great in winter for hat and socks etc ,I attached it a few days ago.

atrane21
01-19-2014, 20:49
Dont want to hijack thread but in case anyone is interested looking to do another winter hang gathering in deerfield, nh

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=86682

SkyPainter
01-19-2014, 20:58
Dont want to hijack thread but in case anyone is interested looking to do another winter hang gathering in deerfield, nh

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=86682

===> I am interested. Do you have any particulars? I am trying to get a new vehicle this coming week - before the NJ Winter Hang.

~ SkyPainter

atrane21
01-19-2014, 21:03
I actually just posted it to see if there was any interest, so dates are still open to whenever people can make it. Just figured itd be something somewhat local so everyone doesn't have to wait till spring! Haha
Its private land, plenty of room, super short walk to the site. It is primitive so no toilets or anything.

sunshower
01-19-2014, 21:21
We are interested.

Tripod
01-19-2014, 21:50
Gastar, I played around with the Tato gear element stove a bit and it's probably something I won't use much.

I have an Element stove which I use as a windbreak for my alcohol stove and as a back up. I had some problems with my windbreak and pot support on a winter hang last year, and although for me this was an expensive alternative it works and give me a lightweight alternative for cooking.

SemperFiGuy
01-19-2014, 21:55
ATrane,

Interested.

G

civetta
01-20-2014, 01:52
I have the Ti Element and I think it's great. I cooked two steaks and boiled two cups of water on a few handfuls of twigs and sticks. You have to remember that it is a twig/stick stove and not a wood-gas stove which is a little more efficient on the burn. I'll bring it to the spring hang if anyone is interested in checking it out.

daveocelott
01-20-2014, 02:50
I second that on the fancy feast stove made with the cloth. Boiled quick.
I am so going to this hang. I will bring the wife and the pooch also. Looking forward to all the classes.
Btw, I won one of the tato gift certificates and I think hk won the other?

SkyPainter
01-20-2014, 08:58
I second that on the fancy feast stove made with the cloth. Boiled quick.
I am so going to this hang. I will bring the wife and the pooch also. Looking forward to all the classes.
Btw, I won one of the tato gift certificates and I think hk won the other?

===> I won a Tato Gift Certificate too. I may donate it to the raffle, though. There is nothing on his site that I need or want right now. I gots me some gear!

- Sky

SkyPainter
01-20-2014, 09:08
===> I think we should have The Great Stove Show at the hang. I will bring three Wood Burning stoves - the BushBuddy, the LittleBug Jr., and the Emberlit Stove for comparison. I will also bring my SOTO Microregulator gas canister, and assorted alcohol stoves- Whitebox, Featherlight, and others.

And that's just ME! If others bring theirs, we could have quite the display for people to check-out!

~ Sky The Gear Hoarder

raiffnuke
01-20-2014, 09:10
Don't start that Sky…this will mean I have to pack another box to handle all of my stoves for show. 30-40 stoves is a bunch o fire! :D

SemperFiGuy
01-20-2014, 09:24
Raif,

You and Sky could set up all of the stoves, light them and then stand back.

We could send Tim up a tree overhead and sprinkle down some Fairy Dust in the form of shaved magnesium. It would be a swell display of glitz and glitter. Just like having a min-fireworks display.

I'll record the photos.

"............... and then the Police came." (Right Sky?)

raiffnuke
01-20-2014, 09:26
Semper,

I I can get a hold of the material for what we talked about, there will be plenty of fireworks! ;)

SemperFiGuy
01-20-2014, 09:35
Roger That Raif.

raiffnuke
01-20-2014, 09:36
In fact, all of the ingredients are on their way to me!

CountryRoads
01-20-2014, 10:28
===> what are your thoughts on the Tato Element, Chelsea?

~ Sky - who won a $25 Gift Cert to Tato's website.

It's a nice stove. Couldn't be more compact, but I've made a couple of my own wood burning stoves and Gastar said he wanted it so I thought I'd offer it. I'm trying to be more of a minimalist...I always overpack and if I have that I'd probably carry it.

CountryRoads
01-20-2014, 10:34
Thanks for the offer , I have interest in the stove but don't think its something I would use all that much either. Maybe I can trade you something for it :)
I would like to learn a thing or two about lock picking and the kit would be good for the raffle.

By the way I like the ridge line pouch , its going to work out great in winter for hat and socks etc ,I attached it a few days ago.

Well it's yours if you want it.

I thought Tripod won the ridgeline organizer I made...

This is going to be an educational hang...

hk2001
01-20-2014, 10:56
I'd love to be able to play around with that element a little, I'm still in love with the bushbuddy clone I got off Raiff, but would like to try something more packable. I'm still trying to narrow down my cooking options for my trip to Isle Royale this June. I was going to take a canister stove, but now it's looking like we're going to be taking the seaplane in, which means no no to canisters :cursing:

Sky, can I bring my flysetup so you can at least show me how to rig it all up?

raiffnuke
01-20-2014, 11:03
Isle Royale is awesome! Have fun and take pictures…and don't forget your bug spray!

hk2001
01-20-2014, 11:13
Isle Royale is awesome! Have fun and take pictures…and don't forget your bug spray!

Yessir :) Have you been?

raiffnuke
01-20-2014, 11:14
A long time ago in the Boy Scouts. I grew up in Michigan.

SkyPainter
01-20-2014, 12:54
===> hk2001, and anyone else that has fly fishing - or any other type for that matter - of fishing gear, and wants to know how to set it up, or use it, just bring it along to the hang!

I gave a short beginners fly casting overview class at the Fall NEHHA, and am more than willing to do it again, or analyze anyone's casting stroke(s) if asked.

There is nothing like wading into a river or lake in the morning, and catching breakfast! Trout and scrambled eggs, with coffee, home fries and hot sauce.....Heaven!

BTW - most fly rod manufacturers make at least one version of a 'Travel Rod', generally a 5 - 8 piece breakdown rod that is backpackable.

We can work on making a rod from tree branches, and also making a fish trap from almost nothing.

Providing protein while in the wild is a basic survival skill, and fun at that!

~ SkyPainter

01-20-2014, 15:12
Where did you find the Buds? Never have seen them before.

We have a few local package stores that always carry the bottles so I seldom have problems getting them. If you need any just let me know.

01-20-2014, 15:14
As of now these are the scheduled workshops

1) Fire building/Fire building2
2) Sharp & Pointy things!
3) Knots
4) Advanced Fishing
5 Axe and Knife sharpening
6 Map and Compass Navigation

Sound good?

If you want to volunteer to teach a class pm me
I see some of you suggesting crafts and DiYs and demo we can schedule those too.
As we get close to the event I'll have an estimated grid schedule ready.
Eating sitting around fire and lounging in a hammock will still be an all day event no worries ;-)
Don't forget stoves and pot stands. I'll bring the sheet metal punch for super cats and parts for the fancee feast stove as well as some hardware cloth and tin snips for stands.

I didn't drink a case of 16 ounce bottles this weekend for nothin :laugh:

SemperFiGuy
01-20-2014, 17:08
"I didn't drink a case of 16 ounce bottles this weekend for nothin " :)
Per [email protected]

John, I'm doing my part also. I have a number of the 15oz. Coors Big Mouth Cans that make great stoves also.

Just consider me your backup. :laugh:

Anxious for my Hill People Gear Kit Bag to arrive. Will let you know my first impressions once I draw out of it.

All the best.

Gil

SkyPainter
01-20-2014, 18:36
"I didn't drink a case of 16 ounce bottles this weekend for nothin " :)

Per [email protected]

John, I'm doing my part also. I have a number of the 15oz. Coors Big Mouth Cans that make great stoves also.

Just consider me your backup. :laugh:

Anxious for my Hill People Gear Kit Bag to arrive. Will let you know my first impressions once I draw out of it.

All the best.

Gil

===> I dunno, Gil. Hill People Gear makes some cool stuff, but I really don't personally care for chest-mounted weapons or gear. I find it awkward to deploy anything other than a shoulder strap mounted knife from a chest mount.

That said, it's all relative to the mission and environment at hand. I bet it is a solid piece of gear from them, though!

Will be interested in your take on it!

~ SkyPainter

JoshuaTrees
01-20-2014, 18:51
===>
I gave a short beginners fly casting overview class at the Fall NEHHA, and am more than willing to do it again, or analyze anyone's casting stroke(s) if asked.
~ SkyPainter

edelweiss :laugh:

SkyPainter
01-20-2014, 18:54
edelweiss :laugh:

===> You get an "A"! :D

~ Sky

sunshower
01-20-2014, 20:53
I can't afford another hang. Seriously... Ordered Neos, sweet neck knife, and a golite pack. Man, stop bringing cool stuff, people.

Nighthauk
01-20-2014, 20:54
What made you go with the golite pack as to the ULA circuit.

SemperFiGuy
01-20-2014, 21:14
===> I dunno, Gil. Hill People Gear makes some cool stuff, but I really don't personally care for chest-mounted weapons or gear. I find it awkward to deploy anything other than a shoulder strap mounted knife from a chest mount.

That said, it's all relative to the mission and environment at hand. I bet it is a solid piece of gear from them, though!

Will be interested in your take on it!

~ SkyPainter

Sky,

I'll let you know. The last few times out, I was carrying in my Ribz and that's not so handy either. I like the concept of the Hill People Gear pouch against the chest. I'll let you know once I have some experience with it. I know what you're saying about chest mounted deployment. I'll give you a factual and honest assessment.

The Spring Hang is coming together nicely. So nicely that it looks like there may be a few mini-hangs in between. How cool is that.

Sorry to hear that you might have to miss the NJ Hang, but if it comes down to getting your kid back to school, nothing trumps that!

All the best.

Gil

sunshower
01-20-2014, 21:15
Honestly, the price. Golite has a 10% off plus free shipping.. Got a 50liter for $98 shipped. The ULA circuit was $240.

CountryRoads
01-20-2014, 21:34
I have the Golite jam 50. I went with them because of the price also. The biggest problem is that it doesn't have a frame, you'll carry everything on your shoulders. I've been devising ways to put a stay in it...

sunshower
01-20-2014, 21:52
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/21/e2u7a2u7.jpg

SkyPainter
01-20-2014, 22:10
I can't afford another hang. Seriously... Ordered Neos, sweet neck knife, and a golite pack. Man, stop bringing cool stuff, people.

===> All great gear! You will LOVE the NEOS (I use them with REI Down Booties inside) - warm feet! A necker is always good to have, and the Golite Jam is a nice pack when packed correctly.

I hear ya though! Ordered the Wilderness Logics Pole Mod Kit for my Superfly after seeing John's!

~ Sky

Billiard Pete
01-21-2014, 10:22
I am a strong maybe (need to see if I can get time off for it, and a weak maybe friend at this point).

Missed out on the Fall hang (didn't even think of doing the winter hang) so I am looking forward to the one in April.

Sure hope we do a bunch of workshops, would really like to learn some new fun stuff...

SkyPainter
01-21-2014, 10:51
I am a strong maybe (need to see if I can get time off for it, and a weak maybe friend at this point).

Missed out on the Fall hang (didn't even think of doing the winter hang) so I am looking forward to the one in April.

Sure hope we do a bunch of workshops, would really like to learn some new fun stuff...

===> Hey Pete! Glad to see you are still around! Have you done any hanging since the Harold Parker Hang? If you can make the Spring Swing, we would love to have ya!

~ Sky

Billiard Pete
01-21-2014, 12:02
===> Hey Pete! Glad to see you are still around! Have you done any hanging since the Harold Parker Hang? If you can make the Spring Swing, we would love to have ya!

~ Sky

Thanks Sky,

I went with my wife and our dog Georgie (Georgie doesn't care to sleep in the great outdoors though:() Labor Day weekend (Harold Parker too). But that was it. My buddy and I were going to do some camping but it never panned out:confused:. I plan to do more this year:shades:.

Yukon
01-21-2014, 12:11
and the Golite Jam is a nice pack when packed correctly.

This is the key. I had the Golite Jam a few years ago and it was a real pain to pack correctly. I had about a 50% success rate for my trips with it. Switched to my ULA Circuit and it is perfect every time.

Yukon
01-21-2014, 12:12
Like I said in the deleted thread, I will try to make this one if the weather cooperates. If it stays cool and the mountain stays open until the 15th, I'll still be working the weekends driving one of the attached picture.

Zilla
01-21-2014, 12:22

I know what your talking about, the winter ones require alot more gear than hangs at any other time of the year, ..3 seaons and your good with hiking boots shorts a light jacket, winter is another story, heavy coat, hats,gloves,snow boots,and on and on.
But even at the warmer times of year as far as new gear goes -- WILL POWER helps, something i struggle with as i am sure most of us here do!

SkyPainter
01-22-2014, 21:42
===> We should start thinking about the Recon Hang(s) at The Pines Campground. We could actually do a couple before the big one. Maybe one in Feb, and one sometime in the middle of March.

We need to see and document which group of sites might work best for us, access to the Brook and water, and how the parking will work.

We'll keep checking the weather, and offer up dates as appropriate. In the meantime, who might be interested in the Recon Hangs? Maybe one nighters, maybe two nights.

~ SkyPainter

atrane21
01-22-2014, 21:56
Might be able to make one. What would be the cost for the recon hang?

SkyPainter
01-23-2014, 00:00

===> Dunno. As we get closer, I will call the owner of the campground again to see what I can do.

~ Sky

Snaggletooth
01-23-2014, 12:25

(Pre-recon hang)
The most it would be is 15 per night. A better deal may be negotiated.

SkyPainter
01-23-2014, 13:27
(Pre-recon hang)
The most it would be is 15 per night. A better deal may be negotiated.

Thanks Jerry.

CountryRoads
01-23-2014, 13:53
I'm in for a one nighter. It would need to be a Friday night for me because I work early Sunday mornings, but pretty much any Friday would work...

SkyPainter
01-23-2014, 19:00
I'm in for a one nighter. It would need to be a Friday night for me because I work early Sunday mornings, but pretty much any Friday would work...

===> Awesome, Chelsea! I will make sure that a Friday is involved! Will keep you in the loop! :D

~ Sky

SemperFiGuy
01-23-2014, 23:03
Sky,

I'm in for a recon hang. 1 night or 2. If it's going to be a 1 night proposition, I'm with Country Roads, Friday night would be better, then we can hang out on Saturday and be on our way later in the day, with Sunday still available for other things. (In her case she has to work. In my case, I have to whittle down the "honey do" list. :) )

Anyway, keep us posted.

All the best !

Gil

oldsoldier
01-23-2014, 23:36
Well, I have potentially good news. I'm taking that Sunday off, so I will be up Saturday after work, around 4. So, save a space for me! Nicky will join me, but not sure if she is staying overnight. She doesn't like waking up cold :-)

sunshower
01-24-2014, 08:46
We can only do Mar 21-23 for the pre hang.

SkyPainter
01-24-2014, 11:46
Well, I have potentially good news. I'm taking that Sunday off, so I will be up Saturday after work, around 4. So, save a space for me! Nicky will join me, but not sure if she is staying overnight. She doesn't like waking up cold :-)

===> That is GREAT Bill! Will be good to see you guys again! So you will come on the 5th in the PM? Tell Nicky I have enough downy goodness to keep her roasty! No need to wake up cold!

I will make sure there are trees nearby for you guys! :D

~ Chaaaz

sunshower
01-24-2014, 11:50
Why are there two threads?? I'm confused as yo which one to follow and post in.

Snaggletooth
01-24-2014, 12:56
Why are there two threads?? I'm confused as yo which one to follow and post in.

This should be the only one . The original was deleted last week. Is that what your talking about?

sunshower
01-24-2014, 13:02
Never mind.

raiffnuke
01-24-2014, 13:04
Are you confusing it with the Maine Hang thread?

oldsoldier
01-24-2014, 14:04
Yes, I will be there the evening of the 5th. I doubt Nicky will stay overnight, but, who knows :)

raiffnuke
01-26-2014, 09:24
My new pole mod is here, and it is sweet!
Fire starting ingredients are mostly here, there's one left in the mail. Soon testing will begin!!! :D

Nighthauk
01-26-2014, 09:49
Sweet Raiff. I love mine. Was using it last night in the backyard.

raiffnuke
01-26-2014, 09:51
I set it up in the basement and it looks great. I can't wait to get to try it out in the piney woods!

Tripod
01-26-2014, 10:30
My Pole mod from Quest arrive Friday and the poles have been put together. Now the choice is to go outside or try to set the tarp up in the basement. Ordered new snowshoes from ORS Direct. They are currently having a 20% off sale. My new MSR's should be here this week.

Zilla
01-26-2014, 12:06
I set it up in the basement and it looks great. I can't wait to get to try it out in the piney woods!

did you take any pics?

Tripod
01-27-2014, 08:11
Too much stuff in my basement but was able to get my tarp and poles set up. Plenty of space under. Now I need a free weekend totry it out in the woods.

raiffnuke
01-27-2014, 08:13
did you take any pics?

No, I didn't take any with it in the basement. But I can I you want some.

hk2001
01-30-2014, 20:02

~ SkyPainter

Justin,

Sky,

All the best !
Gil

What are the chances those waters won't be iced over the first weekend in April?

The reason I asked is because some states don't require licenses on private property. I already get NY, Vermont and Michigan licenses every year, dunno if I want to add a nonresident Mass license to it too... Depends on the ice I guess. I'll have my new travel rod setup by then, and would like to steal Sky away long enough for a casting lesson :D

SkyPainter
01-30-2014, 21:46
What are the chances those waters won't be iced over the first weekend in April?

The reason I asked is because some states don't require licenses on private property. I already get NY, Vermont and Michigan licenses every year, dunno if I want to add a nonresident Mass license to it too... Depends on the ice I guess. I'll have my new travel rod setup by then, and would like to steal Sky away long enough for a casting lesson :D

===> Dude...not to worry. If there is ice-out by then, great! You will not need a MA license as long as you are fishing with me, in a "class". I hold a Master License as a Master Instructor for the State Dept of Fish and Game. If the ice is not out, I am still more than happy to help with your casting! Bring your gear either way.

~ SkyPainter

atrane21
01-31-2014, 07:46
My dad and my brother both picked up yukon double hammocks the other week when they were on sale for 20 bucks. My dad is in the process of swapping them over to toggle/whoopie setups at the moment. I told him about this hang and all 3 of us may be attending.
My dad really wants to get some fishing in so hopefully it's ice out by this time.

SkyPainter
02-06-2014, 16:13
===> Just a bump to the thread to ask about feelings about the Recon Hang at The Pines Campsite. What are your feelings about a Feb hang vs a March hang, or should we do a couple - one each month, before the NEHHA Spring Swing April 4-6?

Please let me know what you might be interested in.

Thanks! \\|||||//

~ SkyPainter

SemperFiGuy
02-06-2014, 21:18
===> Just a bump to the thread to ask about feelings about the Recon Hang at The Pines Campsite. What are your feelings about a Feb hang vs a March hang, or should we do a couple - one each month, before the NEHHA Spring Swing April 4-6?

Thanks! \\|||||//

~ SkyPainter

Chaz,

Just a thought. Given that, for all intents and purposes, the week-end of 2/7 and 2/8 is out of play, we could look to the Fri/Sat combo of 2/28 and 3/1 as a possible week-end for a recon hang. That's only two weeks and a few days away when the dust settles. That would give everyone a little planning time between now and then, and it also gives about a months separation between the main event in April.

Just a thought................ Let's see what the die hards say.

Thanks for the bump.

All the best !

Gil

atrane21
02-06-2014, 21:46
I could probably make the weekend of the 28th. Thats my next free weekend.

Snaggletooth
02-07-2014, 10:05
I can't make any Saturday days but should be ok for Sat night- Sun afternoon.

I haven't hung in like a month arrrgh

atrane21
02-07-2014, 10:39
Yeah we're going to have to come up with something because I just got my supplies in for a new tarp!! Going to need to test it.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/07/umemu6aj.jpg

SkyPainter
02-07-2014, 11:30
Yeah we're going to have to come up with something because I just got my supplies in for a new tarp!! Going to need to test it.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/07/umemu6aj.jpg

===> Sweet! Are you gonna make a DIY tarp?

~Sky

atrane21
02-07-2014, 11:43
Yes sir. Actually making 2 one for myself and one for my dad. Going with the DIYGS winter tarp design.

SemperFiGuy
02-07-2014, 17:09
Alex, That's one heck of a tarp. Can't wait to see how it turns out. Your dad must be thrilled.

https://www.hammockforums.net/gallery/files/3/7/3/7/5/diygs-winter-tarp-lowres.jpg

atrane21
02-07-2014, 17:10
Yep, deal was he was buying if I made em. Sounds good to me! Haha

02-07-2014, 17:48
Next weekend is a long weekend for many people with Presidents day. How about a Sat. to Sun or Mon?

sunshower
02-07-2014, 22:20
I'm working Sat Sund Mond :0(

CountryRoads
02-07-2014, 22:34

Thanks! \\|||||//

~ SkyPainter

I can do Friday night (Feb 28) and can stay most of the day Saturday.

mrmike65
02-07-2014, 22:34
I've put myself on the signup sheet as a "tentative". Once confirmed, I will be coming from Hatfield, MA and offer to carpool. I have room in my car for 3 more people and a moderate amount of gear. PM me if you are interested carpooling.

atrane21
02-08-2014, 15:35
Im ready to go now!!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/09/ujunuzaj.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/09/ajysusem.jpg

hk2001
02-08-2014, 20:03
I can do Friday night (Feb 28) and can stay most of the day Saturday.

Thats the one night I will be unable to attend... I'll never be able to sneak away on my birthday :mellow:

atrane21
02-08-2014, 20:08
Birthday should be the easiest day! Its ur birthday u do what u want. Haha

mrmike65
02-09-2014, 00:41
I've put myself on the signup sheet as a "tentative". Once confirmed, I will be coming from Hatfield, MA and offer to carpool. I have room in my car for 3 more people and a moderate amount of gear. PM me if you are interested carpooling.

Updated sheet status to "going!" :D

hk2001
02-09-2014, 07:48
Birthday should be the easiest day! Its ur birthday u do what u want. Haha

Yea.. except I'm not taking the 7 year old out in the end of Feb to go camping.. and she's the one I can't (and don't want to) escape :D

Snaggletooth
02-09-2014, 10:07
Im ready to go now!!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/09/ajysusem.jpg

That looks pretty amazing good job!

CountryRoads
02-09-2014, 12:03
Yea.. except I'm not taking the 7 year old out in the end of Feb to go camping.. and she's the one I can't (and don't want to) escape :D

I bet you could keep her warm with all your DIY down things. Break her in while she's young.

And atrain21, that tarp is sweet. Seems like you made it in like a day. I feel like I just saw the pic of the raw materials a couple days ago.

atrane21
02-09-2014, 12:07
I got the materials friday morning, started working on it right after work and was done friday night. Haha. Just need to seam seal yet. Now im working on my dads.

SkyPainter
02-09-2014, 12:29
I got the materials friday morning, started working on it right after work and was done friday night. Haha. Just need to seam seal yet. Now im working on my dads.

===> Awesome job! Can't wait to see it!

~ Sky

redsock
02-12-2014, 20:07
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, can't make this one but hope to make one later in the year if there are any more MA gatherings.

raiffnuke
02-12-2014, 20:08
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, can't make this one but hope to make one later in the year if there are any more MA gatherings.

There will be plenty more Mass and NEHHA events. We hope to see you there.

SkyPainter
02-13-2014, 10:33
Hi all,

===> Welcome! Where are you? We will be having several hangs in Mass, western, central, and eastern Mass, and close by in VT, NH, and ME coming up this year. Hope to hang with you at some of them!

~ SkyPainter

Tripod
02-13-2014, 14:44
My Ridgerunner arrived today, a nice quick delivery from Warbonnet. i ordered it on the 5th, but i am going to wait until this weather breaks before I set it up in the backyard. It's not going to be long to April!!

SkyPainter
02-13-2014, 15:04
My Ridgerunner arrived today, a nice quick delivery from Warbonnet. i ordered it on the 5th, but i am going to wait until this weather breaks before I set it up in the backyard. It's not going to be long to April!!

===> You will love it, Joe! I love mine! Have used it the last three hangs over my Blackbirds. Took a very short time to get really comfortable with it, and it may be my go-to hammock this year. Just got the pole mod kit in from WL for my Superfly, which should make the combination about perfect!

Good luck with it!

~Sky

SemperFiGuy
02-13-2014, 19:43

Congrats on your new RR Joe. Heard only good things about them. Be sure to let us know how you like it once you christen it.

All the best .

Gil

SemperFiGuy
02-13-2014, 19:46
===> You will love it, Joe! I love mine! Have used it the last three hangs over my Blackbirds. Took a very short time to get really comfortable with it, and it may be my go-to hammock this year. Just got the pole mod kit in from WL for my Superfly, which should make the combination about perfect!

Good luck with it!

~Sky

Chaz, Got a link for that WL pole mod kit? I need to get one on order myself. The more I look at the versatility of the SF, then more convinced I I am that I need to get in on that.

I could have used the extra space under the SF at the NEHHA Winter hang in January. With all that rain, I could have set up my chair underneath and just watched the brook flow by. But then I would have missed your donuts......

Anyway, hope all is well.

Thanks,
Gil

atrane21
02-13-2014, 19:52
Im going to try making my own pole mod kit for my new hammock. Using the panel tie outs is just to much cord running every where. I have some spare light tent poles im going to put to good use hopefully this weekend.

SkyPainter
02-13-2014, 21:19
Chaz, Got a link for that WL pole mod kit? I need to get one on order myself. The more I look at the versatility of the SF, then more convinced I I am that I need to get in on that.

I could have used the extra space under the SF at the NEHHA Winter hang in January. With all that rain, I could have set up my chair underneath and just watched the brook flow by. But then I would have missed your donuts......

Anyway, hope all is well.

Thanks,

Gil

===> Just go to the Wilderness Logics website. The Warbonnet Superfly is just an awesome piece of gear! It works with my Blackbirds and my RidgeRunner, and the pole mod makes it great for both, in porch mode, the superfly can't be beat!

~ SkyPainter

redsock
02-13-2014, 22:47
===> Welcome! Where are you? We will be having several hangs in Mass, western, central, and eastern Mass, and close by in VT, NH, and ME coming up this year. Hope to hang with you at some of them!

~ SkyPainter

I'm down in Medway. Just got in some ripstop today from DIY gearsupply and I'll be making my first hammocks for me and my boys in the next few weeks. Hope to meet up with some of you and make it out to a few this year.

Tripod
02-13-2014, 23:25
Gil

Gil.
Check out this link https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=73843&highlight=pole+mods

I ordered the parts from Quest, quick delivery and just $29 delivered to my door. The order also included 3 feet of 3/32 shockcord. Easy to put together and I used string with mitten clips instead of grommeted webbing.

Joe

Tripod
02-14-2014, 09:50
Gil.
The order also included 3 feet of 3/32 shockcord. Easy to put together and I used string with mitten clips instead of grommeted webbing.

Joe

It should be 3 yards not 3 feet of shockcord.

Veto 65
02-14-2014, 16:02
I'm down in Medway. Just got in some ripstop today from DIY gearsupply and I'll be making my first hammocks for me and my boys in the next few weeks. Hope to meet up with some of you and make it out to a few this year.

Welcome to the forums. We are always glad to welcome more people to the Hangs.

SemperFiGuy
02-15-2014, 01:39
Gil.
Check out this link https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=73843&highlight=pole+mods

I ordered the parts from Quest, quick delivery and just $29 delivered to my door. The order also included 3 feet of 3/32 shockcord. Easy to put together and I used string with mitten clips instead of grommeted webbing.

Joe

Hey thanks Joe. Much appreciated. I'll follow the link.

Be sure to fill us in on the RR once you get a hang in it. I'm curious to see how you like it. Have been toying with the idea of an RR. Hear only good things about them.

All the best !
Gil

SkyPainter
02-15-2014, 10:46

Be sure to fill us in on the RR once you get a hang in it. I'm curious to see how you like it. Have been toying with the idea of an RR. Hear only good things about them.

All the best !

Gil

===> Gil, as a big guy you may find a bit of "shoulder squeeze" in the RR. It is less as long as you stay up hear the head end. Feel free to hop in mine at the next hang. There are some tricks to laying in it, especially for side sleeping, but once you get it, it is a really comfortable hammock!

~ Sky

Nighthauk
02-15-2014, 11:08
I really enjoy my Ridge runner. I have probably slept about 20 nights in it. Maybe more. I have found it to be really comfortable. I have used it with under quilts and a ground pad. Both work great. Though I have found it was hard to dial in the HG quilts for it. The ones made by Warbonnet work flawlessly with no fiddle factor.

SemperFiGuy
02-15-2014, 16:58
===> Gil, as a big guy you may find a bit of "shoulder squeeze" in the RR. It is less as long as you stay up hear the head end. Feel free to hop in mine at the next hang. There are some tricks to laying in it, especially for side sleeping, but once you get it, it is a really comfortable hammock!

~ Sky

Thanks Chaz. I'll take you up on that. Would definitely like to lay in one to get the feel. I appreciate the offer.

Sounds like you guys may take a hit tonight with the weather. We got ours on Thursday. (Another 12 inches out here in Western, Ma. - Nothing to speak of today/tonight.).

Stay safe. Talk to you soon.

All the best !
Gil

atrane21
02-17-2014, 17:21
I had to jump on the pole mod wagon! Just tied off temporarily but im going to come up with something a little better.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/18/ruzyvyvy.jpg

Billiard Pete
02-17-2014, 17:50
Gil.

Joe
Do you have a link to where to buy the mod???

Tripod
02-18-2014, 09:56
Do you have a link to where to buy the mod???

Try this: http://www.questoutfitters.com/tent_poles.htm

use the part list in the link from my previous post

atrane21
02-18-2014, 21:23
Any update on a recon hang?

SkyPainter
02-19-2014, 00:50
Any update on a recon hang?

===> Not yet - I need to buy a new vehicle (mine is dead), but I am thinking maybe one this month (28th-ish), and one closer in March, maybe the WE of the 14th or the 21st.

Waddya think?

~ Sky

Tripod
02-19-2014, 08:20
===> Not yet - I need to buy a new vehicle (mine is dead), but I am thinking maybe one this month (28th-ish), and one closer in March, maybe the WE of the 14th or the 21st.

Waddya think?

~ Sky
I would consider the Ides of March, the 21st is too close to the actual hang for me to get out.

atrane21
02-19-2014, 09:39
28-2 would work for me. I wouldnt be able to get down till a little later that friday because of work but I could stay all weekend if anyone wants to do that

Billiard Pete
02-19-2014, 11:34
Try this: http://www.questoutfitters.com/tent_poles.htm

use the part list in the link from my previous post

Thanx, will do...

CountryRoads
02-19-2014, 18:10
Sky, I can do the 28th but only Friday night. It would be nice if we could get a few more people. Get a new Chaaazmobile! Where's the kid who lived in the back of your old gear wagon staying?

SemperFiGuy
02-19-2014, 20:35

Waddya think?

~ Sky

Chaz,

Check out post 121 in this thread. I believe there are enough of us to make it worthwhile for a 2/28 and 3/1 Recon Hang. Alex (Atrane) can make it. Chelsea (Country Roads) can do Friday. I can do both Friday/Saturday. I believe there were a few more that were serious about that time frame.

I'm out in Western Mass, but if you need me to swing by your abode and pick you and your gear up, if that allows you to make the that week-end, just let me know and I'll work it out. No worries.

I am going to see Cosmic Camper and [email protected] this week-end. Were' working on some Kydex projects under John's guidance. I'll see if they are interested. Country Roads may already know about Cosmic. If so, Chelsea, feel free to jump in.

Let us know what you think keeping in mind that if you don't have a new ride by then I can come get you.

All the best!
Gil

Tripod
02-23-2014, 10:06

All the best !
Gil
First impressions: I really like it, nice and comfortable inside, and I did not find it tippy, got my incubator to fit, so I was nice and warm. Tuesday I will do an overnight in the back yard and the only negatives are if you turn it over to put on the UQ everything falls out of the pockets and the Zippers are awfully small. The zipper pulls on my Clark are much bigger and easier to pull with my old fingers. I do have a UQP coming from 2QZQ and am considering getting the Carbon Fiber spreaders. Which really means I am keeping it.

atrane21
02-23-2014, 13:29
If recon hang doesn't happen this weekend would anyone be in for a hang in Deerfield nh?

SkyPainter
02-24-2014, 15:20
Hang this coming weekend is out for me, for several reasons, so if folks want to hit Deerfield, that may be a better option. I will try to put a later recon hang together in March.

~ Sky

Grey Eagle
02-24-2014, 15:24
First impressions: I really like it, nice and comfortable inside, and I did not find it tippy, got my incubator to fit, so I was nice and warm. Tuesday I will do an overnight in the back yard and the only negatives are if you turn it over to put on the UQ everything falls out of the pockets and the Zippers are awfully small. The zipper pulls on my Clark are much bigger and easier to pull with my old fingers. I do have a UQP coming from 2QZQ and am considering getting the Carbon Fiber spreaders. Which really means I am keeping it.

I have a WB underquilt and once the poles are installed, flip the RR upside down to install the UQ. Nothing in the pockets at that point to fall out. It is a bit of a challenge when doing this inside of the "sock" however.

SkyPainter
02-24-2014, 17:42
===> Joe, I swapped out the zipper pulls for some from REI which are glow-in-the-dark. But now I am replacing them with some larger loops to make them easier to find, and operate, especially in the winter! Still with reflective cord.

~ Sky

SkyPainter
02-24-2014, 17:47
===> And Gil, thanks so much for the offer of a ride! I can't make this weekend for some family, and some other medical obligations. I will be looking for another date in March for a recon hang at Ashby.

Thanks again!

~ Sky

CountryRoads
02-24-2014, 17:49
If recon hang doesn't happen this weekend would anyone be in for a hang in Deerfield nh?

Probably a little too far for me for one night. Atrane, how long did it take you to get down to western mass for the nor'easter? If you're not that far, cosmic camper and I have some nice spots and hopefully will be getting out more soon.

atrane21
02-24-2014, 17:58
Its quite a hike out that way. Im up towards york maine. Took me about 2 1/2 to 3 hours I think. Thanks for the offer tho.

Billiard Pete
02-27-2014, 14:21
Not going to be able to make the hang. Sorry guys...

CountryRoads
02-27-2014, 18:28
So, looks like the recon hang wont be until March. It's just as well for me, got a lot of projects going right now. Gil was interested last time I talked to him, but Sky, it would be nice if you could come, seeing as how you're the one organizing (and maybe I remember sunshower saying something about helping?) the spring NEHHA hang. So hopefully we'll get out there sometime in March to check the place out.

sunshower
03-01-2014, 11:12
We hope to make it!

jofish
03-01-2014, 20:41
Hoping to make the hang. It will depend a bit on the weather & other plans. Would either need a ride or possibly might bike from the commuter rail again. We'll see.

Nighthauk
03-01-2014, 23:49
I will be there for the hang but not the recon.

atrane21
03-04-2014, 11:44
sky- my dad and brother are coming up from PA and were going to get here thursday afternoon so they have some extra time in the woods. I saw you would be arriving thursday is it ok if we join you. If we need to pay for an extra day or something that's fine just let me know.

dingbat
03-05-2014, 20:33
Hi guys,

I'm new to hanging and would like to come to this event. I signed the sheet as tentative. I'll either need relatively clear weather, or to have another tarp by the event. Can someone tell me when you'll need a final decision by and when a price might be set?

Looking forward to meeting some folks with some experience in how this all works.

-Mark

Nighthauk
03-05-2014, 20:37
Mark just come. Don't worry about a tarp. Myself or others will have an extra one you could use if needed. Can't speak for the cost though.

Tripod
03-05-2014, 20:42
Hi guys,

Can someone tell me when you'll need a final decision by and when a price might be set?

Looking forward to meeting some folks with some experience in how this all works.

-Mark
People are planning group meals so the sooner the better, but at least by April 3rd. Sky is finalizing the price, and we haven't heard yet.We would love to have you join us. It's a great group!!

oldsoldier
03-05-2014, 21:10
So, my plan is come up Friday, set up, go home, work Saturday, then head out there to spend the night. I could only get one day off, but I figured if I took the time Friday to hang my gear, that's more social time Saturday. And, my 13 year old nephew wants to join me, so I have him coming Saturday too. So, I'm a +1 now.

hk2001
03-05-2014, 22:09
Can someone please update my status to 4 in party, 0 additional, and confirmed? Laptop is acting up, and for whatever reason I cannot edit the nehha ss from my tablet (although i have no issue with the pif one)

Thanks!

atrane21
03-06-2014, 05:35
Hk2001- updated for you.

dingbat
03-06-2014, 09:20
Mark just come. Don't worry about a tarp. Myself or others will have an extra one you could use if needed. Can't speak for the cost though.

Ok then. Thanks, I'm in!

Snaggletooth
03-07-2014, 20:59
Are we really less than a month a way ! !

If there is anyone one else that wishes to teach at a workshop let me know.
I will be working on a schedule soon.

hk2001
03-08-2014, 12:04
Hk2001- updated for you.

TY Sir!

I'm looking forward to learning to fly fish from Sky :)

SkyPainter
03-12-2014, 09:02
Hi all...still trying to buy a new vehicle. If the Recon Hang does not materialize before the actual hang, I will get a final price from the owner quickly and let you all know.

Looking forward to this one!

~ SkyPainter

SkyPainter
03-12-2014, 17:50
TY Sir!

I'm looking forward to learning to fly fish from Sky :)

===> Hehehe....well, FIRST one must learn how to CAST a fly rod! Then learn to actually FISH using one! If the weather cooperates, we can cover the basics of both skills, as well as some basic knots and the Entymology and use of the early season flies.

~ Sky

cosmic camper
03-13-2014, 11:55
Oh man, I finally get around to getting on the forums - finally ready to investigate, sign up and get excited - and I can't GO!

Have fun you all! I'll miss ya. Eat a donut for me~!

SemperFiGuy
03-13-2014, 19:32
Brian,
What happened ? Was counting on you being there.
Bummer........
:shades:

atrane21
03-13-2014, 19:33
Yeah same here.. was hoping for another entertaining fire starting session.

SkyPainter
03-14-2014, 08:03
I think we overwhelmed him at the last hang with information. Either that, or he ate too many donuts.

~ Sky :)

SkyPainter
03-14-2014, 08:07
Btw - I will be heading to the campsite next week, if not to hang then to discuss logistics with the owner. We have over 50 hangers coming so far, so issues like parking, site locations, pricing and paying, and possibly centralizing a Firepit or two need to be hammered out beforehand. I will post whatever info I have once I have it. This should be interesting!

~ Sky

Nighthauk
03-14-2014, 08:30
Hey Sky thanks for taking the reigns on this. It's a lot of work and I for one I am very grateful. And I CANT WAIT FOR APRIL 4TH. YEEAAAHHH BUDDDDDYYYYY.

raiffnuke
03-14-2014, 08:34
I second that!! Thanks Sky!

atrane21
03-15-2014, 10:00
Do you guys think a bugnet will be needed for the hang. I know its still pretty cold but slowly warming up. I haven't made one yet so if I need one I better start working on it.
Cant wait for this hang!!

SkyPainter
03-15-2014, 21:15
Here is the map of the campsite from the last time we winter camped there. The numbered sites are basically cleared out for ground dwellers, but there are over 700 acres of Virgin Pine Forest there. We can access it all. There is an indoor Rec Hall in case the weather is ridiculous. Couple of outhouses, real bathrooms, showers, playground for kids, a dog walk....stuff is available.

When I go up this coming week, I will try to hike as much of the property as I can, and then negotiate with the owner for sites/access and let everyone know what transpires.

Anyway, here are the map images. We camped in the trees on the left, marked in red.

We will probably need folks with pop-up tents to bring them if possible, and extra tarps and stoves would be great for the communal meal.

~ SkyPainter

Here is the map:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/16/a4yrury4.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/16/5ypuzuje.jpg

SemperFiGuy
03-15-2014, 21:17
Do you guys think a bugnet will be needed for the hang. I know its still pretty cold but slowly warming up. I haven't made one yet so if I need one I better start working on it.

Alex,

At the rate we've been going, I'm thinking you aren't going to need a bugnet for early April. It's two week-ends away and I haven't seen a bug out yet and I take Charlie (Golden Retriever) for a walk every night.

I'm betting that you'll be OK without.

Look forward to seeing you there. Hope your Dad and brother can still make it.

All the best !
Gil

hk2001
03-15-2014, 21:30
Here Sky :)

Snaggletooth
03-16-2014, 01:36
If you have not signed up or confirmed yet please do so ASAP
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmbwET4mywZJdEhhSUIyNzFSZGZqQ1NWVlJWXzlHe UE&usp=sharing#gid=0

1960HikerDude
03-16-2014, 10:59
If you have not signed up or confirmed yet please do so ASAP
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmbwET4mywZJdEhhSUIyNzFSZGZqQ1NWVlJWXzlHe UE&usp=sharing#gid=0

I just signed up. This one is practically in my backyard.

Nighthauk
03-16-2014, 11:02
I'm going. Yes sirry.

1960HikerDude
03-16-2014, 11:04
If anyone is interested, I can organize a short hike (2.9 miles) on Mt. Watatic. It offers nice views and is a very short distance from the hang.

CountryRoads
03-16-2014, 11:43
I wasn't planning on bringing one, I'll have a headnet just in case but that's all I've ever really used at any time of year because the rest of me is usually pretty well covered.

jerzybears
03-16-2014, 12:56
Russ and I are coming, but will have to show up Saturday morning. Save us some trees! :)

Snaggletooth
03-16-2014, 14:17
We will probably need folks with pop-up tents to bring them if possible, and extra tarps and stoves would be great for the communal meal.

~ SkyPainter

If anyone has a couple EZ-ups that would be good I had two but were destroyed by a storm.

Snaggletooth
03-16-2014, 14:19
If anyone is interested, I can organize a short hike (2.9 miles) on Mt. Watatic. It offers nice views and is a very short distance from the hang.

Sounds good go for it ,maybe Saturday or Sunday early AM?

atrane21
03-16-2014, 14:27
If anyone has a couple EZ-ups that would be good I had two but were destroyed by a storm.

Should just use the taj-ma-tarp again! Theres plenty of room under that!

atrane21
03-16-2014, 14:30
Alex,

At the rate we've been going, I'm thinking you aren't going to need a bugnet for early April. It's two week-ends away and I haven't seen a bug out yet and I take Charlie (Golden Retriever) for a walk every night.

I'm betting that you'll be OK without.

Look forward to seeing you there. Hope your Dad and brother can still make it.

All the best !
Gil

Thanks. I thought so but figured id ask just in case.

My dad is stoked to get out. Hes been going to town (diy) on his hammock gear so I think hes all set.

Tripod
03-16-2014, 15:20

I could be up for that.

SkyPainter
03-17-2014, 10:40
NEW INFO!

Talked at length with the owner of The Pines this morning about logistics, etc.

COSTS:

Costs will be $12 per head, per night, $24 each for Fri-Sat. I will be collecting the money when you check in, and paying the camp on Sat night. I know some families are coming, and I will address the cost issue around that with him. Maybe kids free?

Firewood will be $10 per large bucket, amount to be determined by usage. We will probably use a bunch over the weekend- we can work that out.

MISCELLANEOUS:

They will show us/ create a couple of spot for a bonfire or communal Firepit. We CAN also use the Rec Hall if we want/need to.

They have about a foot of snow there at the moment, but they will be plowing out space for cars for us.

They will be semi-clearing paths to the Brook, and some hanging spots near it, and showing me where shortly.

I am going there this Thursday to meet and do a sites walk-through with the owner. May just hang overnight!

This is still fluid, but I will have more concrete numbers and info after I go there Thursday.

Meanwhile, HANG ON!

~ Sky

Talox
03-17-2014, 10:46
will have to show up Saturday morning. Save us some trees! :)

Ditto for 3 hangers

Talox
03-17-2014, 10:47
I could be up for that.

I can bring an ez-up also

atrane21
03-17-2014, 11:15
NEW INFO!

Talked at length with the owner of The Pines this morning about logistics, etc.

COSTS:

Costs will be $12 per head, per night, $24 each for Fri-Sat. I will be collecting the money when you check in, and paying the camp on Sat night. I know some families are coming, and I will address the cost issue around that with him. Maybe kids free?

Firewood will be $10 per large bucket, amount to be determined by usage. We will probably use a bunch over the weekend- we can work that out.

MISCELLANEOUS:

They will show us/ create a couple of spot for a bonfire or communal Firepit. We CAN also use the Rec Hall if we want/need to.

They have about a foot of snow there at the moment, but they will be plowing out space for cars for us.

They will be semi-clearing paths to the Brook, and some hanging spots near it, and showing me where shortly.

I am going there this Thursday to meet and do a sites walk-through with the owner. May just hang overnight!

This is still fluid, but I will have more concrete numbers and info after I go there Thursday.

Meanwhile, HANG ON!

~ Sky

Thanks for all the updated info sky!

Is it ok if we show up thursday instead of friday? My dad is coming up from PA and wants an extra hang day!

SkyPainter
03-17-2014, 11:20
Absolutely! I going up on Thursday anyway to hang, check everything out, and get the logistics in place. Seeya then!

~ Sky

SkyPainter
03-17-2014, 11:22
I can bring an ez-up also

===> Awesome, Talox! Thanks!

~ Sky

SkyPainter
03-17-2014, 11:23
BTW - we Weill have approximately 21 acres actually available to us that weekend, plus the stream. Should be enough room for everyone! :)

~ Sky

atrane21
03-17-2014, 11:48
Absolutely! I going up on Thursday anyway to hang, check everything out, and get the logistics in place. Seeya then!

~ Sky

sorry, meant the thursday of the hang (April 3rd). We were thinking early afternoon time frame.

SkyPainter
03-17-2014, 12:49
No problem! I will already be there. Check-in at the office when you arrive, and they will tell you where we will be.

~ Sky

Talox
03-17-2014, 13:13
BTW - we Weill have approximately 21 acres actually available to us that weekend, plus the stream. Should be enough room for everyone! :)

~ Sky

You'll all still hear me snoring.

SkyPainter
03-17-2014, 13:18
You'll all still hear me snoring.

===> That's okay. You will be hanging on the other side of the Brook. We have a list. At least you guys help keep the bears away!

~ Sky

jgoldthwait
03-17-2014, 14:23
Hello All.
My name is Jeff and I am new to the Hammock Forum. A little about me, I am Scout leader who committed to hammock hanging over a year ago and have been hanging every month on our camp-outs. I came across your thread and think it would be great to spend some time with other hangers.

Is there space still available for myself and possibly a friend?

Thanks
Jeff

SkyPainter
03-17-2014, 15:57
Hello All.
My name is Jeff and I am new to the Hammock Forum. A little about me, I am Scout leader who committed to hammock hanging over a year ago and have been hanging every month on our camp-outs. I came across your thread and think it would be great to spend some time with other hangers.

Thanks
Jeff

===> Welcome Jeff! Love to hang with you and friend(s)! We have other Scout Leaders coming, as well. We have over 20 acres to use - there certainly is room to hang!

We will be having a gear raffle, workshops, great food and fun.

Please do come!

Please Sign up on the spreadsheet a bit back further in this thread.

Best,

~ SkyPainter

jofish
03-17-2014, 23:19

Count me in. I hiked a bit of the Watatic range a couple years ago. Nice area.

Tripod
03-18-2014, 07:26
Hello All.

Thanks
Jeff
Jeff,
The sign up sheet is at the bottom of my post. Currently we have 50 confirmed hangers, so add your name to the list

Suede
03-18-2014, 09:17
Oh man, I finally get around to getting on the forums - finally ready to investigate, sign up and get excited - and I can't GO!

Have fun you all! I'll miss ya. Eat a donut for me~!

Sorry to hear Cosmic.. You will be missed.

Nighthauk
03-18-2014, 09:25
Hello All.

Thanks
Jeff

Welcome Jeff. Yeah there are always room. Come a long and have some fun. I also think there might be one or two scouters there. hehe

Suede
03-18-2014, 09:27
Here is the map of the campsite from the last time we winter camped there. The numbered sites are basically cleared out for ground dwellers, but there are over 700 acres of Virgin Pine Forest there. We can access it all. There is an indoor Rec Hall in case the weather is ridiculous. Couple of outhouses, real bathrooms, showers, playground for kids, a dog walk....stuff is available.

When I go up this coming week, I will try to hike as much of the property as I can, and then negotiate with the owner for sites/access and let everyone know what transpires.

Anyway, here are the map images. We camped in the trees on the left, marked in red.

~ SkyPainter

Here is the map:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/16/a4yrury4.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/16/5ypuzuje.jpg

I have a10'x18' pop up canopy I can bring if you need it..

SkyPainter
03-18-2014, 09:29
I have a10'x18' pop up canopy I can bring if you need it..

===> Awesome, Suede! We might need everything we can get. Appreciate the offer!

~ Sky

Nighthauk
03-18-2014, 09:43
also have several 12x16 tarps and 1 20x30' tarp. if needed.

McRat
03-18-2014, 10:04
Had hoped the schedule would pan out, but will be out of the state that weekend.

Everyone have a great time and post pictures to make me jealous.

civetta
03-19-2014, 03:49
Am working on more possible hangers. Two adult "maybes", and 1 adult "probable" with 2 children that will tent it. Still trying to figure out what to bring for the pot luck.

oldsoldier
03-19-2014, 08:26
Ok, update from me: I signed up on the sheet for Gastar (sorry it took so long). I'm going to stop by Friday after work, to set up my gear. I'm taking my 13 y/o nephew with me, he's excited to go. He will be staying Friday night (he will be a guest of Stargazer & family, as they graciously offered to keep an eye on him that night), and has his own (mostly borrowed) gear. I have to work Saturday, but will be there directly after work, sometime around 4 or so. I took Sunday off, as I wanted to attend at least ONE hang this year! Hopefully I can get out to more, but, with a rotating schedule, it depends on the timing.
Sky, are you heading up THIS Thursday, as in tomorrow? If so, let me speak to my wife, I may join you tomorrow night. I'm not working Friday, but I am tomorrow-I could be up there by 4:30 or so, if you'd like the company. Let me know.

1960HikerDude
03-19-2014, 19:34
Here are the details for the Mt. Watatic hike

We depart the campground at 10 a.m. Saturday and carpool (5 to 10 minutes) to the trailhead on Rte. 119 in Ashburnham, Mass. There will be a lot of activities on Saturday. We need to leave on time so we can return between Noon and 12:30 p.m. Please be ready and on-time.

Mt. Watatic, 1,832 ft has great views, for little effort. We'll ascend to along the Midstate Trail to the 1,832 Ft. summit, continuing on to Nutting Hill before returning to the parking area on Route 119 in Ashburnham, Mass. This hike is suitable for beginners and kids.

Distance: 2.9 miles
Elevation Gain: 800 Ft. (estimate)
Time 1.5 to 2 hours.

This is a an early spring hike. Please be prepared with proper clothing and footwear. Dress in layers, bring water and snacks.

As a condition of your voluntary participation in this activity you acknowledge and agree to the following: this activity involves inherent risks that can cause property damage, injury, illness, disability, and/or death to participants and/or others; you assume all risk associated with this activity; you are responsible for having the necessary knowledge, skills, abilities, clothing, and equipment to safely participate in this activity; you know and will follow the Hiker Responsibility Code described at www.hikesafe.com; the leader(s) of this activity are volunteers; and you release, hold harmless, and indemnify the leader(s) and all members of this group from any and all claims for property damage, injury, illness, disability, and/or death - including those caused by negligence and/or other reasons.

SkyPainter
03-19-2014, 19:56
Ok, update from me: I signed up on the sheet for Gastar (sorry it took so long). I'm going to stop by Friday after work, to set up my gear. I'm taking my 13 y/o nephew with me, he's excited to go. He will be staying Friday night (he will be a guest of Stargazer & family, as they graciously offered to keep an eye on him that night), and has his own (mostly borrowed) gear. I have to work Saturday, but will be there directly after work, sometime around 4 or so. I took Sunday off, as I wanted to attend at least ONE hang this year! Hopefully I can get out to more, but, with a rotating schedule, it depends on the timing.
Sky, are you heading up THIS Thursday, as in tomorrow? If so, let me speak to my wife, I may join you tomorrow night. I'm not working Friday, but I am tomorrow-I could be up there by 4:30 or so, if you'd like the company. Let me know.

===> Hi Bill! No, I can't get up there Thursday like I had planned. I will (once I get a car) be going up before the actual hang on a Recon for parking, sites, and further money negotiations. I would like to have kids under 18 hang free.

I will stay in touch!

Say hi to Nicky!

~ Sky

Stargaze
03-21-2014, 09:33
Two weeks to go. Anyone else getting excited?

atrane21
03-21-2014, 10:32
I can't wait! I talked to my dad (in PA) the other day and he wanted to know if we could move up the date! haha

oldsoldier
03-22-2014, 11:43
I'm gonna see if someone at work wants to do a swap so I can get saturday off too. No guarantees, but, hey, its worth a shot!

SemperFiGuy
03-22-2014, 20:05
Here are the details for the Mt. Watatic hike

We depart the campground at 10 a.m. Saturday and carpool (5 to 10 minutes) to the trailhead on Rte. 119 in Ashburnham, Mass. There will be a lot of activities on Saturday. We need to leave on time so we can return between Noon and 12:30 p.m. Please be ready and on-time.

Mt. Watatic, 1,832 ft has great views, for little effort. We'll ascend to along the Midstate Trail to the 1,832 Ft. summit, continuing on to Nutting Hill before returning to the parking area on Route 119 in Ashburnham, Mass. This hike is suitable for beginners and kids.

Distance: 2.9 miles
Elevation Gain: 800 Ft. (estimate)
Time 1.5 to 2 hours.

This is a an early spring hike. Please be prepared with proper clothing and footwear. Dress in layers, bring water and snacks.

As a condition of your voluntary participation in this activity you acknowledge and agree to the following: this activity involves inherent risks that can cause property damage, injury, illness, disability, and/or death to participants and/or others; you assume all risk associated with this activity; you are responsible for having the necessary knowledge, skills, abilities, clothing, and equipment to safely participate in this activity; you know and will follow the Hiker Responsibility Code described at www.hikesafe.com; the leader(s) of this activity are volunteers; and you release, hold harmless, and indemnify the leader(s) and all members of this group from any and all claims for property damage, injury, illness, disability, and/or death - including those caused by negligence and/or other reasons.

Thanks HikerDude. Going to try to make the hike. Look forward to meeting you.
All the best,
Gil

Suede
03-23-2014, 08:42

I am interested. Thanks!

gogrillz
03-23-2014, 08:56
We just ordered another Clark nx250! Hopefully it will arrive in time .

jofish
03-23-2014, 11:45
I was thinking about biking from the Fitchburg commuter rail station, but if we keep getting snow - possible storm this Wednesday - the roads might not be clear yet!

1960HikerDude
03-23-2014, 14:36
I was thinking about biking from the Fitchburg commuter rail station, but if we keep getting snow - possible storm this Wednesday - the roads might not be clear yet!

I live within easy walking distance of the Fitchburg commuter rail station. I can give you a ride, if needed.

Suede
03-23-2014, 15:10
Two weeks to go. Anyone else getting excited?

Bringing any astronomical accessories?

Pretbek
03-23-2014, 18:40
Well, I'm going to miss it all. My wife's school reunion is on the same weekend and that takes precedence.
Have a blast y'all and I'll see you at another hang.