PDA

View Full Version : Black Cat tarp

hawkeye
03-28-2007, 07:30
Anyone know where I can get a Black Cat tarp?

NCPatrick
03-28-2007, 07:42
Yep, check with blackbishop351. You can PM him, or you can wait until he replies here.

slowhike
03-28-2007, 08:44
BB... someone is asking about directions for making a cat tarp on the yahoo group.
i was looking for a link to your site but don't see it right off. maybe you could drop a post w/ your link over there. ...tim

headchange4u
03-28-2007, 08:46
Here's BB site with directions for the Black Cat:

http://www.jhatkhat.com/Khat/camping/

slowhike
03-28-2007, 08:50
thanks. i'll post it on the yahoo group.

hawkeye
03-28-2007, 09:52
Thanks for the link.

blackbishop351
03-28-2007, 11:16
Thanks for the help again, guys...guess I need to start getting up earlier :o

Hawkeye, to answer your question, my directions are for making your own BlackCat. There are currently three fully constructed "official" BlackCats in existence, so if you want to buy one, I guess you can talk to one of the other two guys who have them. Or come to my house and try to talk me out of mine or the one I'm currently sewing :p Good luck!

blackbishop351
03-28-2007, 11:26
I added a link to my directions to my signature. That way there's no more confusion while I'm still in the bed :p

hawkeye
03-28-2007, 12:16
Maybe I can talk my wife anf friend to sew one. They made my Rayway quilt but my wife's friend told me NO MORE projects. The quilt came out great. Now if I can talk them into....

blackbishop351
03-28-2007, 12:21
Maybe I can talk my wife anf friend to sew one. They made my Rayway quilt but my wife's friend told me NO MORE projects. The quilt came out great. Now if I can talk them into....

I think you've got shot, as long as you do all the measuring and cutting :p If your wife is anything like mine, she'll roll her eyes and then get that "blank stare" when she sees a bunch of numbers :D

Coffee
03-28-2007, 12:26
I think you've got shot, as long as you do all the measuring and cutting :p If your wife is anything like mine, she'll roll her eyes and then get that "blank stare" when she sees a bunch of numbers :D

I think you need to clarify the difference between your bunch of numbers and her bunch of numbers. Probibly a couple orders of magnitude difference.:p

blackbishop351
03-28-2007, 12:32
I think you need to clarify the difference between your bunch of numbers and her bunch of numbers. Probibly a couple orders of magnitude difference.:p

Ahh...yeah, I apologize for the ambiguity. How about "plethora" ? :D

NCPatrick
03-28-2007, 13:01
Hey, some people have had traumatic childhood experiences with "new" math! :p

...go calculate everything in base 8. Don't worry about what the "right" answer to the equation is, as long as you know why it works...

:eek: AAAARGH!

More: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Math

In the Algebra preface of his book "Precalculus Mathematics in a Nutshell," Professor George F. Simmons wrote that the New Math produced students who had "heard of the commutative law (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commutative_law), but did not know the multiplication table (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiplication_table)."

hawkeye
03-28-2007, 13:14
No child left behind.

FanaticFringer
03-28-2007, 15:22
Thanks for the help again, guys...guess I need to start getting up earlier :o

Hawkeye, to answer your question, my directions are for making your own BlackCat. There are currently three fully constructed "official" BlackCats in existence, so if you want to buy one, I guess you can talk to one of the other two guys who have them. Or come to my house and try to talk me out of mine or the one I'm currently sewing :p Good luck!

Over my dead body...........:p

slowhike
03-28-2007, 20:55

you mean the same blank stare that came on my face when you started explaining those charts on your wall<g>?

blackbishop351
03-28-2007, 21:12
you mean the same blank stare that came on my face when you started explaining those charts on your wall<g>?

Y'know, now that I think about it....yep! Exactly that look! We'll just tell everybody you were helping me out by showing me what to look for...keeping me out of trouble with the wife... ;)

lvleph
03-29-2007, 07:25
I can induce the blank stare too, just ask me about how the Excel Macro works. I would be happy to explain it. lol