PDA

View Full Version : RipstopbytheRoll - Lower shipping costs and new 1.1 oz ripstop

ripstopbytheroll
01-26-2014, 20:50
So after running the numbers and weighing options tonight, I've redone the US shipping costs on the site. Instead of 6-25 yds being $11, there will now be two ranges: 6-15 yds @ $8.50 and 16-25 yds @ $11. The main goal here was to lower the shipping charges for typical tarp yardages, but cheaper shipping is generally good across the board :). For qualifying orders on the current sale, I'll be refunding your shipping shortly. Here's the new run down:

1-5 yds - $5.50
6-15 yds - $8.50
16-25 yds - $11
26-50 yds - $15
> 50 - $25

I've also expanded the selection in the past week to include 5 new colors of 1.1 oz ripstop: Black, Blaze orange, Blaze yellow, Hunter green, and Olive Drab.

Mrprez
01-26-2014, 21:22
Careful, you are going to spoil us. Wait. We're already spoiled! Good job Kyle. Always a pleasure to do business with you.

John
www.hammocktarps.com

ripstopbytheroll
01-27-2014, 18:50
Careful, you are going to spoil us. Wait. We're already spoiled! Good job Kyle. Always a pleasure to do business with you.

John
www.hammocktarps.com

Thanks John I appreciate it.

On another note, I think it's about time to see some of these tarps you've been cooking up.... PICS??? :)

Mrprez
01-27-2014, 21:38
Stay tuned....

moshe
02-05-2014, 07:40
Awesome. So happy with the ripstop I ordered from you, and they free samples were awesome. Getting ready to oder some silnylon so I can get working on a tarp for the hammock I made.
Thanks for providing this service. I know you're not making much money on it. I do the same thing with coffee I roast for people. Just enough to cover my time and costs.
Thanks!

SnarkyJosh
02-15-2014, 19:00
I finally finished my olive drab tarp.

http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj538/SnarkyJosh/HammockForums/firstdiytarp.jpg

PappyAmos
02-15-2014, 19:29
Looking good Josh!

craige
02-15-2014, 19:49
Just ordered 10 yards of grey 1.1. Couple hammocks coming my way! Int. Shipping is actually reasonable. Think I'll be ordering often more often and in smaller quantities to try and avoid import costs.

IRONFISH45
02-15-2014, 20:38
Ya, the Duty and Taxes are a killer. I sent some small quilts I made to the UK from the USA I managed to get them so the price came in just under the recipients having to pay the VAT. Doing business across borders is expensive.

IRONFISH45
02-15-2014, 20:49
Great Job, I was just muttering about what color to purchase. I went to your much improved site, and wow, I can get samples to feel and decide what color(s) I want and know exactly what I am purchasing. GREAT JOB, THANK YOU.

ripstopbytheroll
02-16-2014, 19:30
I finally finished my olive drab tarp.

http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj538/SnarkyJosh/HammockForums/firstdiytarp.jpg

That looks great Josh!!! Thanks for posting a picture of the final product. What did you use for the corner reinforcement?

ripstopbytheroll
02-16-2014, 19:37
Great Job, I was just muttering about what color to purchase. I went to your much improved site, and wow, I can get samples to feel and decide what color(s) I want and know exactly what I am purchasing. GREAT JOB, THANK YOU.

You're more than WELCOME. I know it can be hard to make a decision on color especially by just looking at a computer screen. Having everything right in front of you makes it much simpler. Plus, you know exactly what you're getting.

Thanks again for your suggestions and comments a few months back. As you can see, I put them to good use :)

gmcttr
02-16-2014, 21:48
Kyle...are you leaving the selvedge edge on now? Yes, I hope as I'm usually able to use it for a rolled hem and gain a couple of inches on a hammock's width.

SnarkyJosh
02-16-2014, 22:02
That looks great Josh!!! Thanks for posting a picture of the final product. What did you use for the corner reinforcement?

I didn't want a contrasting color so I used the scraps. I cut out the reinforcement patches, rolled the edges, bonded them on with GE Silicone II, and backed up with stitches. It leaves the corners a bit stretchy, so I made the webbing almost the length of the patch. It feels pretty strong.

http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj538/SnarkyJosh/HammockForums/firstdiytarptieouts.jpg

ripstopbytheroll
02-16-2014, 23:02
Kyle...are you leaving the selvedge edge on now? Yes, I hope as I'm usually able to use it for a rolled hem and gain a couple of inches on a hammock's width.

I still trim some of the selvedge but not all of it. The silnylon has a wider selvedge area than the uncoated fabrics because of how they pin the fabric during coating. I trim the selvedge down some so that the hem doesn't have to be really wide to hide it all.

gmcttr
02-16-2014, 23:37
I still trim some of the selvedge but not all of it...

Understood...thanks. I ordered breathable 1.9 this time and noticed it wasn't mentioned. I see now that it is still stated on the silnylon. Perfect.:thumbup1:

Indy138
02-17-2014, 06:39
Just put in an order for 16 yrds of grey silnylon. Have two tarps to make for the warmer weather. Pics to follow once they are built.

ripstopbytheroll
02-19-2014, 21:23
Just put in an order for 16 yrds of grey silnylon. Have two tarps to make for the warmer weather. Pics to follow once they are built.

Great we'd all love to see the pics! Also glad we could get your address situation worked out in time. Your neighbor almost got some really sweet DIY fabric :)

Indy138
02-20-2014, 18:08
Great we'd all love to see the pics! Also glad we could get your address situation worked out in time. Your neighbor almost got some really sweet DIY fabric :)

And they would have had no idea how sweet it would be, lol