PDA

View Full Version : Shawnee State Forest OH-spring break

Kia Kaha
01-30-2014, 23:13
I am looking to do Shawnee State forest the week of March 28-April 5. I would like to do 40 miles in 4-5 days, no hurry, not set on the days, but am on the week since it my school district spring break week. Anyone have an interest in meeting up? I may even be open to doing all 50 miles, and those that do not want to do the whole trail could do 1/2.

jimmytheshirt
02-06-2014, 12:38
Sounds like a good time but I have to stick around here with the kids for break. If something else comes up at a different time of year I'd be interested.

Kia Kaha
02-07-2014, 14:58
I am open to other areas as well. I may go down to WV or over to PA, not locked in on this one, just kiccking the tires. I will be out somewhere for sure though.

dougalcorn
02-09-2014, 15:04
Our spring break is 3/24-28. I was thinking of doing a multi-day hike with my son. Shawnee would be a good option, but sounds like we're a little out of sync with you.

Kia Kaha
02-09-2014, 22:48
Our spring break is 3/24-28. I was thinking of doing a multi-day hike with my son. Shawnee would be a good option, but sounds like we're a little out of sync with you.

I may be able to do something 3/28-3/30, meet up Friday evening somewhere. I am open to anywhere in the area, Logan Trail, Zaleski, Shawnee (1/2 loop), whatever could work, I might be able to bring one (or all) of my sons as well. I could then go to WV or something from there for a few days. Let me know if you have an interest in that. Lance

OSU_Matthew
02-16-2014, 19:03
I would definitely be interested in joining for a hike anywhere around Ohio. Any weekend in March works for me.

Kia Kaha
02-17-2014, 22:24
Check out the other OH post in this section, sounds like we may be able to get a group for the weekend of March 28th, I will post the same there. We should get a head count and come up with a location. I am pretty open, just itchin to get out there.

1csleptonkayak
02-18-2014, 12:59
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I'm planning a trip to the Buffalo River Trail in Arkansas from Ohio at about this same time if anyone is interested. Supposed to be a real nice time of year for this trail.

dougalcorn
02-18-2014, 15:38
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I'm planning a trip to the Buffalo River Trail in Arkansas from Ohio at about this same time if anyone is interested. Supposed to be a real nice time of year for this trail.

Yes, you should start a new thread for this trip

dougalcorn
02-18-2014, 22:31
I've not gotten 100% buy-in from the boss, but my son and I are a tentative "yes" for something weekend of 3/28. I'm not picky about Shawnee vs Zaleski vs something else. I'd prefer closer to SW Ohio, but if it's within a few hours of Cincinnati I'm cool. There are some good trails in The Wayne National Forest near WV like Archers Fork