PDA

View Full Version : Lighthiker Switchback question, pic please

krshome
01-31-2014, 14:24
Hey all, I thinking of buying a Switchback Lighthiker. I currently have a classic SB 1.9 SL. Could someone that has a Lighthiker take a picture of the netting where the ridge line goes through the netting for me. I know it's a little different from what I have but the pic on the website don't show it. Thanks in advance folks.

Bubba
01-31-2014, 16:06
I can try to when I get home from work later tonight. The ridgeline doesn't go through the netting per se. It is secured to the outside and inside seperately IIRC. I'll work on getting a picture. I'm thinking of selling mine BTW. I just need money for other things right now. Keep me in mind if you are interested.

krshome
01-31-2014, 16:33
Cool! Thanks Bubba. I'll be waiting :)

Bubba
02-02-2014, 20:26
Sorry, just trying to get my camera back.

krshome
02-02-2014, 20:31
NP, I think I have a good idea of how it was done.

Darby
02-02-2014, 23:21
The net suspension on the LightHiker is achieved similar to the Switchback. There are GG loops sewn to the net on both sides (in/out) of the net on each end. The net suspension is attached to the outside loops and the adjustable "clothes line" is attached to the inside loops. Hope this helps.

sandykayak
02-09-2014, 11:52
I am a 5' female and started out with the original SB. Super comfy (I call it my Taj Mahal) but thought it was a lot of wasted material for a shorty, so I sold it and bought the LightHiker...and it didn't feel as comfortable for me because I like to really lie in the diagonal.

Unless volume and weight are important, the original SB (IMO) is more comfortable. I think that it takes many newbies a while to discover how comfortable hammocking can be when they find the diagonal sweet spot.

Fortunately, I won an original SB (in a lovely shade of blue) that TTT gear donated to FH2 ( Fl hang). I sold the LH.