PDA

View Full Version : Save the Date for Fall MAHHA - Oct. 17-19 2014

HappyCamper
02-04-2014, 14:58
Dutch has been busy nailing down the location and date for the Fall MAHHA. Once again it will be the 3rd weekend in Oct. So that makes the official dates October 17-19, 2014. The location will be the same as the Spring MAHHA: Pine Grove Furnace State Park in Pennsylvania.

Mark your calendars!

Ewker
02-04-2014, 16:08
boo, hiss :( We were hoping it would be back at Watoga State park:D We had a blast there

Gadgets
02-04-2014, 16:33
I'm in no matter what. It is a shame it won't be back at Watoga for fall. That place is gorgeous! And I had a blast there as well.

HappyCamper
02-04-2014, 17:01
It's easier for Dutch to organize at Pine Grove Furnace. I'm betting there will be another hang at Watoga scheduled. The place is too pretty to miss! The boo-hissers must be appeased!

doogie
02-04-2014, 21:20
hope to make it

jwright
02-05-2014, 04:06
Thanks to all involved.

Pig?

Jason

Yojimbo
02-05-2014, 07:07
Looking forward to it. Especially since I will be missing y'all in the Spring.
I also hope we can get another hang going at Watoga. I fell in love with that place and the drive in thru the mountains.

Jim (formally artjrk)

SkyPainter
02-05-2014, 10:36
===> On the calendar! Will miss the Spring MAHHA as I will be at a hang in Maine. Hafta make sure the Fall NEHHA or the Great Pumpkin Hang if they are separate this year don't conflict, but I REALLY want to make a MAHHA hang! It's scheduled right now!

~ SkyPainter

Fire-Bug
02-05-2014, 15:27
Dates saved! I'm super bummed in won't be back at Watoga (beautiful park), but since it's for Dutch -- I think we'll survive! After all, we can't expect him to continue creating miracles with titanium AND plan for all our group events!

Ewker
02-05-2014, 16:46
wow, looks like a lot of folks liked having it at Watoga last yr :)

TDHanger
02-05-2014, 17:04
I'll be there for sure. I will also keep watch for a hang at Watoga. Awesome place.

WV
02-05-2014, 17:07
Yes, but consider the plight of folks from New York, Massachusetts, New Jersey, etc. I understand Dutch's decision, and I support it. Besides, I'm planning a hike in to Watoga for Oct 3rd to 5th via the Allegheny Trail. The last night (Saturday) I'll be at Riverside Campground so I can enjoy a hot shower and a good meal, then sit by a campfire. Others welcome, but there will be no raffle. Two weeks later I'll be at MAHHA at PGF. :)

2Questions
02-05-2014, 17:57
Yes, but consider the plight of folks from New York, Massachusetts, New Jersey, etc. I understand Dutch's decision, and I support it. Besides, I'm planning a hike in to Watoga for Oct 3rd to 5th via the Allegheny Trail. The last night (Saturday) I'll be at Riverside Campground so I can enjoy a hot shower and a good meal, then sit by a campfire. Others welcome, but there will be no raffle. Two weeks later I'll be at MAHHA at PGF. :)

Maybe I can arrange to have Donna set up at the campground in her pop up camper and I'll hike with you! It is beautiful there and I would like to see more of the area.

WVwanderer
02-05-2014, 19:07

WV,

I'd love to join you on the hike. I'll put it on my calendar. I also want to do a bike & hang on the Greenbrier River trail either in the spring or fall and spend at least one night at Watoga.

TZBrown
02-05-2014, 19:24
Maybe I can arrange to have Donna set up at the campground in her pop up camper and I'll hike with you! It is beautiful there and I would like to see more of the area.

I was thinking the same thing with Anne;)

I probably should block out the whole month :lol:

TZBrown
02-05-2014, 19:25
double post, sorry

Padovini
02-05-2014, 20:33
I will save the date for the MAHHA, and will have to play the Watoga trip by ear. Depends on available vacation and brownie point accumulation ;) I can use my birthday (10/9) for one of the two, but the other will have to come from the reserves.

Brian P.

Dutch
02-05-2014, 21:58
I did want to keep the Mahha more centrally located but I will be also joining the Watoga party. That place was beautiful and very friendly to us. So now it isn't a choice of one or the other. Go to both and Ewker will teach you how to make whoopee slings...Just sayin :laugh:

Yojimbo
02-06-2014, 15:38
May be able to talk my wife into coming to Watoga in Oct. I told here about the cabins :)