PDA

View Full Version : Feature of Dream Hammock

Ghilliechef
02-04-2014, 18:02
I'm new to hammock camping . Looking to use a hammock for Hot temp shelter camping. I'm a side and some time stomach sleeper . I would like to put the military sleeping system into a effect for hammock camping. ECWS Sleep System . This calls for a inner sleeping bag , another sleeping bag for the exterior (can be changed according to temperature outside ) and bivy sack . What would you recommend ? Layering method sleeping system is what i shooting for . I will be sleeping in temp from 40 degrees to -20 .

Izraelius
02-04-2014, 18:05
The Dream Hammock danger bird should work wonders. Has a bug fly and an over over. If you order a double layer you can use your exists in ground mat/pad in between layers for extra cold nights.

Ghilliechef
02-04-2014, 19:02
the double layers is one of features i'm looking for . The ability to put wind proof material on the the under quilt is another or between me and the under quilt .

OutandBack
02-04-2014, 20:08
If this hammock is for a heated tarp I don't think you would want any type of cover or bug net on it. Look at the freebird. Length and width based on your height.

For stomach sleeping, not to many do that with a gathered end hammock.
Bridge hammocks are a better choice.

Ghilliechef
02-04-2014, 20:16
I knew the bridge hammock was more ideal . But i read where they aren't the most comfortable or at least you got figure out how to hang your hammock so that it is.

pgibson
02-04-2014, 20:21
I knew the bridge hammock was more ideal . But i read where they aren't the most comfortable or at least you got figure out how to hang your hammock so that it is.

You gotta hang any hammock right to make it comfortable. There is a learning curve. And not all hammocks are the same deal for everyone. I hated the first few bridge hammocks I tried, love the one I have now. Same goes for gathered ends, some just fit me and some don't. Other guys love the ones I hated.