PDA

View Full Version : Hammeck - New website!

meckelangelo
02-10-2014, 15:48
I'm really happy to announce that we have a new website (with a real domain name)!

www.hammeck.com (http://www.hammeck.com)

For a limited time, we have two coupon codes available...
FREESHIP gives you free shipping on orders over $50.
10OFF300 gives you 10% off of orders of $300 or more.
For now, both codes are good until 3/31/2014. I may extend them, but we haven't decided on that yet.

Please stop by and check it out. If you see any spelling mistakes, site problems, etc., please let me know!

stalker42
02-10-2014, 15:59
Grats. The logo looks great by the way.

nuttysquirrel
02-10-2014, 16:13
a netted hammock for 115$! best deal yet!

Hangandy
02-10-2014, 17:17
An 11' hammock with Whoopies for $40? Yummy!

Any specs on weight and/or width?

Do you deliver to Canada?

ferrulewax
02-10-2014, 17:54
Intrested in some more specs of breezy as well.

meckelangelo
02-10-2014, 17:55

Just so there isn't any confusions... The Breezy is "from" $40. When you select the 11-foot 70D Foliage Grey option, it will come out to $50. The 10-foot Foliage Grey is $40.

I don't have weights listed, but the material widths are listed on the site. Weights change based on material, number of layers, and length, making it difficult to provide all of the possible configurations. In particular, the Foliage Grey 10.5-foot is 14.6 ounces. The 11-foot is probably going to be very close to 16 ounces.

curvedinfinity
02-10-2014, 18:38
Order Confirmed

Order Number: #00001

Looking forward to the postman :)

meckelangelo
02-10-2014, 18:51
Order Confirmed

Awesome, thanks!

I will definitely have it in the mail by the end of the week, possibly as early as Wednesday. I want to make sure our charging system works, and Stripe (the credit card handler) says it takes 2 days for funds to clear.

One thing to clear up, just so there's no confusion... Your order showed me a bug. It should not have asked you for "lay direction" for the Breezy, since there are no pull-outs. As a result, the wording may have been misleading; there is no ridgeline on the Breezy. Sorry for any confusion, and thanks for the order and helping me work out the kinks in the site!

12trysomething
02-10-2014, 18:51
Order Confirmed

Very very very cool! 00001!!!

What did you order?

curvedinfinity
02-10-2014, 18:53
Awesome, thanks!

I will definitely have it in the mail by the end of the week, possibly as early as Wednesday. I want to make sure our charging system works, and Stripe (the credit card handler) says it takes 2 days for funds to clear.

One thing to clear up, just so there's no confusion... Your order showed me a bug. It should not have asked you for "lay direction" for the Breezy, since there are no pull-outs. As a result, the wording may have been misleading; there is no ridgeline on the Breezy. Sorry for any confusion, and thanks for the order and helping me work out the kinks in the site!

That works out well for me.

I ordered a 10.5' 40D breezy

Meanderin'Speed
02-10-2014, 19:21
Sweet!!! Order #00002!!!

meckelangelo
02-10-2014, 19:31
Holy cow! I need to get to work! Thanks guys and/or ladies!

meckelangelo
02-10-2014, 19:35
For those interested, I have posted approximate weights on the site. Please understand that these are close guesses. Some weights I know specifically, others I estimated based on the ones I know. As I make some of the variants, I will weigh and update the tables.

Thanks!

meckelangelo
02-10-2014, 21:10

Almost forgot to answer your question about shipping to Canada... I'd be glad to check into shipping costs for you. If it's within reason, I wouldn't mind covering it with the coupon. Otherwise, I'll at least cover a fair amount of it. If you give me your address (or at least closest city) in a PM, I'll check out prices and get back to you.

meckelangelo
02-12-2014, 08:49
Orders 00001 and 00002 will go out with the mail today. Will be working on 00003 tonight and tomorrow.

meckelangelo
02-20-2014, 14:00
I just added a new section to our site... Clearance! Here we will list limited-stock items that are either on clearance, or potentially prototypes. For example, to start off with, we have two prototypes for sale (at extremely discounted prices), and also a limited edition Orange Breezy (sounds like a refreshing beverage, doesn't it?). There is only one of each, so they're first come, first served.

There is one caveat... If you purchase either of the prototype items, we'd really appreciate it if you could give us your honest feedback after testing. The more feedback, the better! Also, we suggest that only experienced hangers purchase the prototypes. While we don't expect any failures, it is better to be safe than sorry...

Finally... We don't currently have any pictures. I will attempt to get those up sometime this evening, if the items are still listed. The items are also eligible for free shipping with purchases of $50 or more using coupon code FREESHIP.

Thanks!

meckelangelo
02-20-2014, 21:45
I have now updated the clearance items with pictures. Head over to www.hammeck.com/clearance to check them out!

Paulie
02-20-2014, 22:10
Orange Breezy! I don't need another hammock...I don't need another hammock...I don't need another hammock...I don't need......... :D

meckelangelo
02-24-2014, 09:18
:P

Orange Breezy and Breezy Prototype are still available, but the Asymmetrical has been purchased. Prices have been reduced. $40 for the Orange, $25 for the prototype.

Spend $50 or more, and coupon code FREESHIP will give you free shipping.

kurteous
02-25-2014, 10:44
:P

Orange Breezy and Breezy Prototype are still available, but the Asymmetrical has been purchased. Prices have been reduced. $40 for the Orange, $25 for the prototype.

Spend $50 or more, and coupon code FREESHIP will give you free shipping.

I couldn't pass up the orange breezy at $40. It might even make an appearance at MAHHA. Thank you!

Dank Lemons
02-25-2014, 10:50
Quick question. Does the netty come with the ridgeline already installed?

meckelangelo
02-25-2014, 10:58
I couldn't pass up the orange breezy at $40. It might even make an appearance at MAHHA. Thank you!

Awesome, thanks! We should be able to mail it out tomorrow morning!

I'll also be at MAHHA, hopefully sporting an orange Hammeck of my own. Orange is my favorite color, after all.

An aside... I actually made the Orange Breezy just for me, for backpacking. As it turns out, 10 feet is too short for me, at 6' 3". My next one will be an 11'.

meckelangelo
02-25-2014, 10:59
Quick question. Does the netty come with the ridgeline already installed?

It does, yes. The ridgeline helps to keep the net suspended, rather than collapsing.

Good question, thanks!

kurteous
02-28-2014, 00:08
Meckelangelo, I wanted to drop a note here to say thank you. The orange breezy arrived today and it is already hung in my basement. It is a piece of fine craftsmanship and I look forward to spending a few nights in it in the great outdoors soon. I appreciate knowing it's backstory. I'm trying to get my wife to come out backpacking with me this year, so hopefully I will be needing another one of your hammocks soon. I like buying local, and I can't get more local than you and Dutch.

meckelangelo
03-03-2014, 08:45
Meckelangelo, I wanted to drop a note here to say thank you. The orange breezy arrived today and it is already hung in my basement. It is a piece of fine craftsmanship and I look forward to spending a few nights in it in the great outdoors soon. I appreciate knowing it's backstory. I'm trying to get my wife to come out backpacking with me this year, so hopefully I will be needing another one of your hammocks soon. I like buying local, and I can't get more local than you and Dutch.

Thanks for the kind words, Kurt. You're not too far away, so if you ever want to swing in to see a hammock, drop me a line!

meckelangelo
03-03-2014, 08:51
Just wanted to show off our latest custom Netty, for 12trysomething. He wanted a different color that what we offered, so we ordered in some Spruce Green from DIY Gear Supply. There's a marginal upcharge for this, so if anyone is interested in a Netty, but isn't fond of our color selection, please feel free to reach out to me.

Had to throw in a couple pictures with one of our cats, Max, who cries every time I get in a hammock, until he can join me. He usually jumps right in on his own, and lays down on top of me. Goofy cat...