PDA

View Full Version : Enlightened Equipment Engima Quilt & Zpacks Zero Pack

lundquistas
02-11-2014, 00:09
Looking for the quilt in 20 or 30 degrees in regular/regular and I'm open to different configurations on the pack.

Thanks!

Bushwhacker
02-14-2014, 10:21
I spent a lot of time tied in between those two products, they were both much lighter than the competitors. My conclusion was that Zpacks is slightly higher quality, but EE has REALLY good value. I think I recall that EE was slightly narrower too, since you don't need as much for a hammock. Also, the pricing is weird - if you look at surface area of quilts for a given temperature rating, some of the EEs are actually costlier.

In the end, I would say just choose what size you want and go for the cheaper one. Sleeping bag weights are limited by down quality, fabric, and dimensions. Both companies have high quality down and fabric, so it comes down to the dimensions.

Zpacks does come with cuben fiber stuff sacks though :D.

JollyGreen
02-14-2014, 10:32
I spent a lot of time tied in between those two products, they were both much lighter than the competitors. My conclusion was that Zpacks is slightly higher quality, but EE has REALLY good value. I think I recall that EE was slightly narrower too, since you don't need as much for a hammock. Also, the pricing is weird - if you look at surface area of quilts for a given temperature rating, some of the EEs are actually costlier.

In the end, I would say just choose what size you want and go for the cheaper one. Sleeping bag weights are limited by down quality, fabric, and dimensions. Both companies have high quality down and fabric, so it comes down to the dimensions.

Zpacks does come with cuben fiber stuff sacks though :D.

I think you're confused. He's looking for a quilt AND a Backpack.

Bushwhacker
02-14-2014, 11:32
I think you're confused. He's looking for a quilt AND a Backpack.

ughh, I didn't get any sleep last night. My bad.