PDA

View Full Version : Hammeck Netty - The Goods & Service

12trysomething
03-06-2014, 10:11
Earlier this year I came across a post describing a family living the American dream - starting a business, becoming an entrepreneur. The post was by Meckelangelo, the family was the Mecks, the product was hammocks.

I kept an eye on the story, watching the website develop, the logo finalized and the products displayed and priced. www.hammeck.com As a spectator, there was a passion displayed, something that the successful businesses have - I decided I wanted in, I wanted a new hammock!

On 2/20 @ 8AM I sent an email asking 1) why should I choose a Hammeck and 2) can you make me a custom green hammock; by 11AM I had placed an order for an 11' SL 70D Spruce Green Netty. Apparently I liked the answers I received.

Team Hammeck kept me informed of the progress along the way, right up to the point of shipping. Each communication was crisp, professional and timely...apparently David somehow knew when I needed to hear what was going on.

The hammock arrived Monday - I wasn't home....I arrived last night, late and immediately went into the basement and set up my new Netty.

The details:
11' Green Hammock - Lay Direction "Left" (head right of ridge line)
Attached ridge line
1 set of WhoopieSling's
Integrated zip-on bug net with noseeum stuff sack
Tie off's on each side
Matching green stuff sack
2 tree straps
1 set of toggles
On my scale, everything listed is 23 ounces

The lay is what you would expect for an 11' hammock. It was easy to find the sweet spot, in fact had I not been gone for a few days I would have slept in it last night. Also, it appeared to have a great "line of sight" - meaning there wasn't a bunch of extra fabric obstructing my view (of my wife's christmas decorations stacked on a wire shelf.)

I am not a seamstress, thread injector or sewing machine owner, I use stuff sewn - I do not make stuff requiring thread injecting. The quality of the stitches isn't noticeable, meaning it is what I have come to expect, my definition of quality, what craftsmen/women do when they have pride in their work. Everything is straight, clean and "seams right" - :D

As a price conscious consumer, I am aware of price but it does not drive every decision. Simply stated, I have bought enough low cost crap, that had to be replaced, I do not do that anymore - I want good value for my money. I believe that I have received good value for my money from Hammeck with my Netty. All of the "Details" listed above, shipped to my door for $140 American dollars.

There are 3 kinds of customers, ones that; 1) will not say one good thing, 2) will not say anything, and 3) will recommend your product and speak well of the experience. I am placed firmly in the 3rd bucket with Hammeck.

As a new business family trying to make it in the "Land Of Opportunity" I wish the Meck family all of the best. I am off to take a nap :laugh:

Sincerely,
1 2 Try Something
Rob

bruinfan
03-06-2014, 10:31
looks great. nice work
thanks for posting

awilder
03-06-2014, 10:54
Couldn't be happier with my 10.5 foot "prototype" Breezy from Hammeck.com. I love the feel of the ACU camo fabric. I have a feeling I'll be purchasing a netty in time for the bug season.

kurteous
03-06-2014, 12:08
Just to chime in on this, I purchased a 10 ft Breezy as an upgrade from my ENO Doublenest. It has only been set up in the basement so far (I'm not equipped for the temps we've been having recently), but the lay is flatter than the ENO and (as 12 trysomething said) the line of sight is fantastic. If anyone is looking for a camping hammock that won't break the bank, Hammeck is the way to go!

meckelangelo
03-06-2014, 14:44
Aww, you guys are making me blush! I really appreciate all of the great feedback. I will pass it along to the my wife, parents, and brother this evening.

Clisbyclark
11-05-2015, 17:28
Hey Rob. I'm with you on the quality of the Hammecks. I've got two in the barn and one "awaiting fulfillment" as another cottage vendor says and am a very satisfied customer.

gunner76
11-06-2015, 00:09
The Mecks do make some good gear. Just don't let David PyroMeck near your camp fire :lol: