PDA

View Full Version : Software upgrade mostly done

attroll
03-15-2014, 05:32
I hate to say it but the upgrade proved a little more intense that octothorpesarus and I expected it to be. Even though we are still not done with the upgrade, we believe we are safe enough to turn the forums back on. We still have to upgrade the old Video Directory, which means it is turned off for now.

Please let us know if you find any issues in which the software gives you errors or something is not working correctly.

80083r
03-15-2014, 05:56
Clicking on links for announcements on the home page (read more link) gives me an access denied message. Not critical, really, I got the jist of the announcement - just to let you know it isn't working for me at this time.

Site looks good, cheers.

Pipsissewa
03-15-2014, 06:06
Looks good guys! Any chance we could get a "New Posts" link at the BOTTOM of the page? Thanks for all your hard work! (Waaa! Smiley faces don't work!)

MattBigmonster
03-15-2014, 06:12
Big like for a new layout. Any chance for a bigger "next page" button so we don't have to scale up the screen on my mobile just to read more threads?

Good luck fighting that octopus.

Mustang
03-15-2014, 06:33
So far, so well...I'm really diggin the upgrade.

Turtle Creek
03-15-2014, 06:42
Are you doing away with displaying the type of hammock, insulation, suspension, tarp information under the users profile picture. It was nice to see what folks have - specially when they are asking questions and may not know what details to include.

attroll
03-15-2014, 06:46
Clicking on links for announcements on the home page (read more link) gives me an access denied message. Not critical, really, I got the jist of the announcement - just to let you know it isn't working for me at this time.

This should be fix now. Everyone should be able to view them.

Looks good guys! Any chance we could get a "New Posts" link at the BOTTOM of the page? Thanks for all your hard work! (Waaa! Smiley faces don't work!)
I have this on the to do list.

Big like for a new layout. Any chance for a bigger "next page" button so we don't have to scale up the screen on my mobile just to read more threads?

We'll look into this one.

Squirrel bait
03-15-2014, 07:00
[QUOTE=attroll;1221039]This should be fix now. Everyone should be able to view them.

Troll I am still getting that message. Great job on the site.

JollyGreen
03-15-2014, 07:10
My post number is down about 300 or so from what it was.

2Questions
03-15-2014, 07:15
We've noticed hyperlinks are not indicated by a different text color. You don't know they are a link unless you scroll over the linked word.

TallPaul
03-15-2014, 07:17
Like the Announcements, the TOS gives you a message "you do not have permission to access this page"

attroll
03-15-2014, 07:17
Troll I am still getting that message. Great job on the site.
O, I think I have that fixed this time.

doogie
03-15-2014, 07:24
I tried to view 2 of the Articles you recently posted, but when I click on the link in the post it opens a new tab that gets an access denied error.

Also I would prefer the UserCP button be put as a top level button and not buried under Odds & Ends...it's going to take a while to get used to.

TallPaul
03-15-2014, 07:24
The Announcements & TOS still aren't available for me.

The icon to Donate is broken (though the link works) - it's where you click "to make a yearly donation please click the button below".
This is on the main Home page, not the Donate Button menu option.

Turtle Creek
03-15-2014, 07:27
Are you doing away with displaying the type of hammock, insulation, suspension, tarp information under the users profile picture. It was nice to see what folks have - specially when they are asking questions and may not know what details to include.

Bic
03-15-2014, 07:33
I agree, I liked that info!

Bic
03-15-2014, 07:34
When I log in it gives me an error message saying "invalid redirect" and then I have to manually hit the home button.

Also, on mobile it looks like the main logo on top is too big and covers my username some.

michigandave
03-15-2014, 07:37
Take a look at the tapa talk app for XML errors.

attroll
03-15-2014, 07:38
Like the Announcements, the TOS gives you a message "you do not have permission to access this page"
Ok, now that is fixed.

attroll
03-15-2014, 07:40
Take a look at the tapa talk app for XML errors.
Yes, tapatalk is broken right now. I need to get some sleep before I touch anything else. It's on the list.

Squirrel bait
03-15-2014, 07:43
Troll I know it will take time to work out the new bugs. But I am still getting that error.

attroll
03-15-2014, 07:46
This is on the main Home page, not the Donate Button menu option.
You should be able to see it. Have you tried refreshing your browser?

TallPaul
03-15-2014, 08:00
Re: Donate button icon on the main page - I refreshed my browser & tried another browser.. same issue still. The icon isn't there for me.

Anybody else seeing that?

Different issue.. the issue accessing Announcements is on the Home page. You can get to the same announcements by drilling down in Forum/Announcements.

BTW.. Tapatalk works for me

doogie
03-15-2014, 08:01
I went to my computer just now and opened in a fresh browser and I do not have the Donate Button displayed (displays a broken page image). Also when I attempt to Read More on any of the articles on the Home page I get "doogie, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:...."
Another wish would be that the button that takes you to the first unread post of a thread be bigger; I often get one of the surrounding links when attempting to hit it on a tablet.
Thanks for all of the time spent.

I just had a thought - maybe both of these issues are related. No permission to access the place where the image is stored would cause the Donate Button image to not display.

Two Tents
03-15-2014, 08:12
I posted a reply on a WTB thread and it's not showing up in new posts. I was expecting it to go to the top of the list. It could be me not knowing how to use the new updates,

Cranky Bear
03-15-2014, 08:13
Does the "posting permissions" at the bottom of the page mean anything atm?

It reads:

You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may post attachments
You may edit your posts

TallPaul
03-15-2014, 08:18
I posted a reply on a WTB thread and it's not showing up in new posts. I was expecting it to go to the top of the list. It could be me not knowing how to use the new updates,

It's in new posts.
It just wouldn't be in new posts for you since it was your message & you just viewed it, so it isn't new.
This is how it used to work as well.

Knotty
03-15-2014, 08:20
Hyperlinks look like plain text so in many cases you don't know they're there.

Using Chrome on an iPad.

doogie
03-15-2014, 08:20
I noticed that the Settings link at the top of the page directs me to the UserCP page.

Two Tents
03-15-2014, 08:25
It's in new posts.
It just wouldn't be in new posts for you since it was your message & you just viewed it, so it isn't new.
This is how it used to work as well.

Thanks. I was used to using todays posts (in the old format) to view new posts. This new set up, the only option is new posts. I guess that's why I don't see it. So then when someone posts a reply in that thread, then it will show to me, correct?

Nodust
03-15-2014, 08:26
Very clean look to it now. I like

Two Tents
03-15-2014, 08:30
I'm not understanding all this. I posted then went to new posts to view and read the thread and it was gone. The entire thread didn't show up again untill someone else posted in that thread. ???

Yep I just had it happen again. It doesn't show up.

TallPaul
03-15-2014, 08:30
Thanks. I was used to using todays posts (in the old format) to view new posts. This new set up, the only option is new posts. I guess that's why I don't see it. So then when someone posts a reply in that thread, then it will show to me, correct?

That's correct.
I'm used to the Today's Posts as well to see threads I viewed already but want to go back & find.

It looks like there is a new option under New Posts called Activity Stream (this option is just under the New Posts tab).
It is somewhat similar to Today's Posts.

Yukon
03-15-2014, 08:32
I'm not understanding all this. I posted then went to new posts to view and read the thread and it was gone. The entire thread didn't show up again untill someone else posted in that thread. ???

Yes, with new posts that's the way it works. It's only "New Posts" since your last activity.

TallPaul
03-15-2014, 08:35

Yep I just had it happen again. It doesn't show up.

Just think about this thread. Let's say you go into the thread to read it. That means it is no longer new to you. If you post/reply, then it is no longer new to you.

Two Tents
03-15-2014, 08:36
OK. Understood! Thank you (TallPaul too). I can access it through the quick links and get todays posts there. I'll adjust. :)

visionarylion
03-15-2014, 08:37
ok I really don't like the new lay out. I don't use taptalk , or any other forum app, and I really don't think we should have to pay to use one especially since most of us are donating members. sorry to say but i'll prolly not be on the forum very much anymore . it kinda sux now

Nhott
03-15-2014, 08:45
Where do I find posts I have participated in? Not subscribed to.

Cranky Bear
03-15-2014, 08:53
Does the "posting permissions" at the bottom of the page mean anything atm?

It reads:

You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may post attachments
You may edit your posts

Thank you to which ever mod fixed it for me.

I also have another question in that same box (permission) it shows the HTML code is off, yet everything else is turned on. Is it supposed to be?

TallPaul
03-15-2014, 08:53
ok I really don't like the new lay out. I don't use taptalk , or any other forum app, and I really don't think we should have to pay to use one especially since most of us are donating members. sorry to say but i'll prolly not be on the forum very much anymore . it kinda sux now

It sounds like you are accessing the forum via your phone and using a browser, is that right?

What's different from before?

Cowboy247
03-15-2014, 08:54
Is there a way to change the background color? Or will it always be crazy orange?

visionarylion
03-15-2014, 08:57
It sounds like you are accessing the forum via your phone and using a browser, is that right?

What's different from before?

yes I was, am on the computer now, have you seen the forum everything is different I just don't like the new layout. it's too much like BCUSA. it hurts my eyes to look at too

Redoleary
03-15-2014, 08:58
Please bring back the Today's Post option, the New Posts tab feels very limiting in that the topic disappears once you have read it.

dragon360
03-15-2014, 08:59
It's some orange to be sure.

Why have our post counts dropped by a large number?

Appreciate all the work. Just seems a bit more cumbersome now though. And bright!

TallPaul
03-15-2014, 09:00
yes I was, am on the computer now, have you seen the forum everything is different I just don't like the new layout. it's too much like BCUSA

Yep I've seen the new layout - very orange.
I was just wondering if there was some functionality you lost. Obviously lots of things got moved around.

Cranky Bear
Also on the home page it shows the box for the Donating member it gives me the long paragraph that I am not a donating member and that I should renew. Yet when I post I have the donating member banner. And my membership was just renewed not that long ago.

dragon360
Please bring back the Today's Post option, the New Posts tab feels very limiting in that the topic disappears once you have read it.

Absolutely agree. Please bring that back. That would nice and the gear lists in the members avatar would be as well.

Yukon
03-15-2014, 09:03
As with any change, some people will like it and some will not. We can't make everyone happy, and we never will. Bear with us on the little hiccups here and there, please. As you get used to the new functions it will become just as familiar as the old software was.

dkurfiss
03-15-2014, 09:04
When I try to go into this post and click on the link provided I am getting access denied still.

Go to first new post Article: Hammock Forums is a Family-Friendly Site - No Profanity, No Flaming

Started by attroll, Today 03:17

Replies: 0
Views: 20
Last Post: Today 03:17by attroll Go to last post

Forum:
vBCms Comments

TallPaul
03-15-2014, 09:07
Absolutely agree. Please bring that back. That would nice and the gear lists in the members avatar would be as well.

My initial thought was I wanted the Daily Posts back as well. I'm still on the fence.

There is a new option under the New Posts tab - just below it called Activity Stream option.
Check that out.

visionarylion
03-15-2014, 09:07
It's some orange to be sure.

Why have our post counts dropped by a large number?

Appreciate all the work. Just seems a bit more cumbersome now though. And bright!

+1 very cumbersome

dragon360
03-15-2014, 09:14
My initial thought was I wanted the Daily Posts back as well. I'm still on the fence.

There is a new option under the New Posts tab - just below it called Activity Stream option.
Check that out.

Thanks Tall Paul. I have after I think you had mentioned earlier. Granted I haven't spent much time looking and change is usually difficult at best it's still not what I was looking for. I understand that in time we will get used to these changes. But that is due to having no choice - not to them being better ( or worse for that matter). Just a very in your face change to me.

Zilla
03-15-2014, 09:21
I have allways been a - if its not broke dont fix it kinda guy but this is not so bad, and with most changes once you get used to it, it will feel better. Overall i like it,.
Good job O,Attroll, everyone will get used to it soon enough!

TallPaul
03-15-2014, 09:22
Thanks Tall Paul. I have after I think you had mentioned earlier. Granted I haven't spent much time looking and change is usually difficult at best it's still not what I was looking for. I understand that in time we will get used to these changes. But that is due to having no choice - not to them being better ( or worse for that matter). Just a very in your face change to me.

For what it is worth, Today's Posts is still an option, just buried under enough layers it isn't useful.
You can find it under the Forums tab / Quick Links / Today's posts.

cataraftgirl
03-15-2014, 09:26
Question. I just updated my donating member status last week. On the old site it showed that I'm now up to date until 2015. Now I'm getting the message that my membership is about to expire? How/where do I check my donating member status?

Zilla
03-15-2014, 09:28
My post number is down about 300 or so from what it was.

My post count is also incorrect, i had about 1,006 when the upgrade started.
Also when i add a new post the count is not changing, its not counting my new posts ??

Zilla
03-15-2014, 09:33
Just checking to see if post counter is working or not..:confused::huh:

Question answered, its now counting new posts, but i still kost about 45 from total count

Mumbles
03-15-2014, 09:53
Very impatient group!

Thanks for the upgrade work and working out the bugs. We shall adapt and overcome.

gmcttr
03-15-2014, 09:57
... How/where do I check my donating member status?

Click on the "Donations" tab at the top of the page and it should show your start and expiration dates.

CountryRoads
03-15-2014, 10:04
Very impatient group!

Thanks for the upgrade work and working out the bugs. We shall adapt and overcome.
Yes, we're a bright bunch, we'll figure it out. It will take a little getting used to, but everything is still there and I like the little green arrow that shows you threads you've commented on. Thanks TallPaul for answering all those questions and taking some pressure off the admins. They've got to be at the end of their ropes...

dragon360
03-15-2014, 10:11
Thanks TallPaul for answering all those questions and taking some pressure off the admins. They've got to be at the end of their ropes...

Agree Wholeheartedly. Definitely one of those thankless moments for all the work.

CanadaDan
03-15-2014, 10:19
I am able to acess the Pay It Forward subforum. which shouldn't be allowed since i have fewer than 50 posts.

SilvrSurfr
03-15-2014, 10:41
When I try Advanced Search, by Username, I get Sorry-no matches. Please try some different terms.

Rain Man
03-15-2014, 10:44
When I signed in just now, I got an "illegal redirect" message.

Rain Man

CountryRoads
03-15-2014, 10:48
When I signed in just now, I got an "illegal redirect" message.

Rain Man

Try hitting refresh.

CanadaDan
03-15-2014, 10:57
I am able to acess the Pay It Forward subforum. which shouldn't be allowed since i have fewer than 50 posts.

I'm also able to post in the For sale forum.

doc_mosi
03-15-2014, 11:00

That holds true for me as well.

gargoyle
03-15-2014, 11:00
Big time delay in recent posts?? Once I view a recent post, it disappears..? Almost like there is an automatic "marked read" operation happening??

And hyper links is different.
Can they be fixed??
I liked the old way of shortening hyper links to a simple HERE look, rather an actual lengthy URL code.

CountryRoads
03-15-2014, 11:07
Big time delay in recent posts?? Once I view a recent post, it disappears..? Almost like there is an automatic "marked read" operation happening??

Can they be fixed??
I liked the old way of shortening hyper links to a simple HERE look, rather an actual lengthy URL code.
You are looking at "new posts" not "today's posts." Go to "forum" then "quick links." And I read that they're working on hyper links. Thanks for the hard work admins!

mudsocks
03-15-2014, 11:38
Is there a way to change the background color? Or will it always be crazy orange?

Yep I've seen the new layout - very orange.
I was just wondering if there was some functionality you lost. Obviously lots of things got moved around.

For those who don't care for bright orange you can now change your theme. Click here (https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/profile.php?do=editoptions) and select 'vB4 Default Style' from the Forum Skin dropdown box. Click Save Changes button at the bottom of the screen.

gmcttr
03-15-2014, 11:44
WOW...I really like the ability to be able to reuse attachments instead of having to upload them again. I never could figure out how to do it with the old software (if it was even possible). Thanks!

jwright
03-15-2014, 11:57
The subscribed threads area is really nice. Love the side bar to change folders--much easier to navthan the drop downs.

Not sure why, but under my profile - recent posts, it only shows posts from 2011?

thanks for putting in the time

gunner76
03-15-2014, 12:03
The only thing that does not change...is that things change.

Any chance of getting the calendar back ?

Still checking out the new look. I know its lots of work, I manger a couple of forums ( tiny compared to this one ) and I know it can be a PIDA.

gmcttr
03-15-2014, 12:06
...Any chance of getting the calendar back ?...

It is located under the "Odds & Ends" tab.

gunner76
03-15-2014, 12:10
Thanks you

ADz
03-15-2014, 14:39
The new default style sheet is utter fail imo.

mudsocks
03-15-2014, 14:43

If you don't like it you can use the default vbulletin theme.

mudsocks
03-15-2014, 14:46
Can they be fixed??

This still works the same way as it did in the old software. Not sure what you mean?

2Questions
03-15-2014, 14:49
This still works the same way as it did in the old software. Not sure what you mean?

Donna here...this morning the links were the same color as the rest of the text. You couldn't tell there was a link unless you knew it was there and held the mouse over the words. The word links are now orange.

mudsocks
03-15-2014, 14:55
Donna here...this morning the links were the same color as the rest of the text. You couldn't tell there was a link unless you knew it was there and held the mouse over the words. The word links are now orange.

Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.

Zilla
03-15-2014, 15:08
If you don't like it you can use the default vbulletin theme.

Rude and negative comments are not helpful, the site was way overdue for an upgrade and i think that Octo and Attroll did a nice job of it.
Like most new things , it will take alittle getting used to .
Thanks guys for all the time you put into this upgrade,your hard work is apreciated by most of us!

fiveonomo
03-15-2014, 16:16
Ditto to the above post. I really appreciate the hard work that has been done to upgrade the site. I know you all have really put in a lot of time, and again, a big thanks! It will all work out for the better in the future. With change comes turmoil but it will only be temporary here. Thanks.

Hawk-eye
03-15-2014, 16:58
I have a question ... when I have the "new post" tab selected ... some of the folder icons on the left are colored orange and some aren't. What does that indicate?
Inquiring old farts wanna know. :woot:

Cchelm
03-15-2014, 17:01
Looks great - I love the new layout. Thanks for your hard work!

mudsocks
03-15-2014, 17:10
I have a question ... when I have the "new post" tab selected ... some of the folder icons on the left are colored orange and some aren't. What does that indicate?
Inquiring old farts wanna know. :woot:

Orange = Unread posts since last visit.

cesnyderces
03-15-2014, 17:18
Whoa! Hadn't logged in for a bit... I had to stop and check to make sure I had the right place! lol. What would I say to the emperor with new clothes? Nice threads dude! : P Good job on the upgrade, not a huge fan of orange, but I'll suffer gladly! : ))

Polkster13
03-15-2014, 17:23
Looking good. Thank you for all of the hard work on the site. Being a programming and having worked on web sites in the past, I know how much work goes into one of these things.

That said, I too would like to see the types of equipment used listed again. Is this something that will be added back?

Also, I am seeing a small gray triangle with an explanation point in it at the bottom of the window following number of posts and number of images. Is this related?

gmcttr
03-15-2014, 18:11
...That said, I too would like to see the types of equipment used listed again. Is this something that will be added back?

Also, I am seeing a small gray triangle with an explanation point ...

The equipment listings are back.

The small gray triangle use to be red (I think) and is the "Report Post" button used to report a post that is in the wrong forum or violates the Terms Of Service.

TallPaul
03-15-2014, 18:16
The equipment listings are back.

Excellent work all ;)

meckelangelo
03-15-2014, 19:01
Alright, I've noticed two things...

1. My post count appears to be down by about 60 or 70.
2. When I use the search feature, it doesn't seam to return correct results. I generally search for "Hammeck" at least a couple times a day, to make sure I didn't miss any comments/questions. Right now, that only returns a single thread... Help!

2Questions
03-15-2014, 19:12
When I use the search feature, it doesn't seam to return correct results. I generally search for "Hammeck" at least a couple times a day, to make sure I didn't miss any comments/questions. Right now, that only returns a single thread... Help!

Donna here...Same with me. I search 2QZQ once or twice a day for the same reason, and I can't seem to find the same search results that I had before the update. I was going to wait until things settled down and send a PM to one of the mods. But since my issue was mentioned...??

Hawk-eye
03-15-2014, 19:47
Orange = Unread posts since last visit.

Thank ye kindly! :woot:

VictoriaGuy
03-15-2014, 22:09

Can they be fixed??

Perhaps the same issue I mentioned earlier?

URL Link button in reply window:
Previously, when a URL was pasted in, and 'OK' pressed, the 'URL Descriptor' field was highlighted to allow easy typing of a descriptor.
Good image insertion model

Now, the default encourages instead:
http://www.westcoastpaddler.com/comm...hp?f=11&t=6673

Is this to discourage links to spam sites, etc. being 'hidden' by a descriptor, or is it unintended?

SoundWitness
03-15-2014, 22:40
Looks good. Thanks for all the hard work getting things sorted out!!

WV
03-16-2014, 08:08
Thanks for steady improvements. I asked for an option to use the old skin, but I can get used to this one. I like the green text.

sodakgrrl
03-16-2014, 08:20
I'm not sure if I'm just not seeing it, but what happened to the 'quick jump' that was at the bottom of every page?

attroll
03-16-2014, 10:35
The open folder (not orange) = Contains unread posts
The open folder (orange) = Hot thread with unread posts

1. My post count appears to be down by about 60 or 70.
2. When I use the search feature, it doesn't seam to return correct results. I generally search for "Hammeck" at least a couple times a day, to make sure I didn't miss any comments/questions. Right now, that only returns a single thread... Help!
The reason for the post count for some user being lower may be because of the software running a update counters script after the upgrade was done.
This will recalculate all of your user's post counts based on their CURRENT posts in the database.
If you removed a post or we removed one of you posts in the past it may have not been caught until the updated counters script ran again.

I am not sure what your saying about the search not working correctly. When I do a search for "hammeck", I get three results. Could you please elaborate more so I can look into this?

TallPaul
03-16-2014, 10:54

The reason for the post count for some user being lower may be because of the software running a update counters script after the upgrade was done.
This will recalculate all of your user's post counts based on their CURRENT posts in the database.
If you removed a post or we removed one of you posts in the past it may have not been caught until the updated counters script ran again.

I am not sure what your saying about the search not working correctly. When I do a search for "hammeck", I get three results. Could you please elaborate more so I can look into this?

Something is going on with search. if you search by username, it is only returning info up to June 2013 in some cases.

HERE'S AN EXAMPLE SEARCH (http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag105/NC_Hiker/Search2.jpg)

This might be a clue.

dragon360
03-16-2014, 11:29

Thanks attroll. As for the post count, would I have had 250 - 300 deleted or removed posts in that time? Seems excessive no?

attroll
03-16-2014, 11:29
Something is going on with search. if you search by username, it is only returning info up to June 2013 in some cases.

HERE'S AN EXAMPLE SEARCH (http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag105/NC_Hiker/Search2.jpg)

This might be a clue.
That should be fixed now. It was set to only return 500 results. I change it to return 1,000 results.

TallPaul
03-16-2014, 11:34
That should be fixed now. It was set to only return 500 results. I change it to return 1,000 results.

I just re-tested & it doesn't look fixed.. When I do the search, it still returns stuff from June 2013.
Also, look at his profile & click on Find Latest Posts. Same info - the results start in June 2013.
It's like the search index didn't finish.

2Questions
03-16-2014, 11:40
attrol,

Donna here...about the search...I used to be able to go into advanced search. Type in 2QZQ...check the "all posts" box (or something like that), and then find any post, starting with the latest, that had 2QZQ in it. It would also show me the exact post where those specific numbers/letters were used, I could click and see that post. Now it looks like I would need to search the whole thread to find the post in want to see. Has the procedure changed, and I'm not doing it correct now? Or do I not see something I should be seeing!:) Thanks!

TallPaul
03-16-2014, 11:48
attrol,

Donna here...about the search...I used to be able to go into advanced search. Type in 2QZQ...check the "all posts" box (or something like that), and then find any post, starting with the latest, that had 2QZQ in it. It would also show me the exact post where those specific numbers/letters were used, I could click and see that post. Now it looks like I would need to search the whole thread to find the post in want to see. Has the procedure changed, and I'm not doing it correct now? Or do I not see something I should be seeing!:) Thanks!

Donna.. when you click on Advanced Search, try selecting the Search Single Content tab. Then be sure to tick the box to show Results as Posts.

p.s. you'll also notice the gap from June 2013 to yesterday.

2Questions
03-16-2014, 12:09
Donna.. when you click on Advanced Search, try selecting the Search Single Content tab. Then be sure to tick the box to show Results as Posts.

p.s. you'll also notice the gap from June 2013 to yesterday.

Ok...will try later...heading out the door for a fun afternoon with our 1 month old granddaughter! Thanks!

attroll
03-16-2014, 12:25
I just re-tested & it doesn't look fixed.. When I do the search, it still returns stuff from June 2013.
Also, look at his profile & click on Find Latest Posts. Same info - the results start in June 2013.
It's like the search index didn't finish.
Did you check all the way to page 20 in the search results? There were 2,000 search results. The last one I get on the page (page 40) shows a post from him on 03-02-2012.
How far do you want to go back?

TallPaul
03-16-2014, 12:58
Did you check all the way to page 20 in the search results? There were 2,000 search results. The last one I get on the page (page 40) shows a post from him on 03-02-2012.
How far do you want to go back?

When you are recreating what I am describing, are you going to Advance Search, then Search Single Content?
The results display with June 2013 as the latest results, then it goes decreases in time. I don't need to look at 20 pages

Here's another way to view it.
Look at MedicineMan's profile (https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/member.php?190-MedicineMan).

Then click on Find Latest Posts.
The latest shown there is June 2013.

attroll
03-16-2014, 13:26
When you are recreating what I am describing, are you going to Advance Search, then Search Single Content?
The results display with June 2013 as the latest results, then it goes decreases in time. I don't need to look at 20 pages

Here's another way to view it.
Look at MedicineMan's profile (https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/member.php?190-MedicineMan).

Then click on Find Latest Posts.
The latest shown there is June 2013.
O, this is my fault. I was totally misreading what you were saying.
Let me working on this. Sorry.

TallPaul
03-16-2014, 20:00
Ok...will try later...heading out the door for a fun afternoon with our 1 month old granddaughter! Thanks!

I hope you enjoyed your time with the granddaughter - 1 month old - that must be exciting :)
Attroll mentions the search indexes have been rebuilt. If you click on Advanced Search, then select the Search Single Content tab & display you Results as Posts, I believe you should be set.

TallPaul
03-16-2014, 20:04

In another thread, ATTroll mentions the search indexes have been rebuilt so try your search again.
You may also want to use the Search Single Content tab under Advanced Search so you can display your Results as Posts.

2Questions
03-16-2014, 20:15
I hope you enjoyed your time with the granddaughter - 1 month old - that must be exciting :)
Attroll mentions the search indexes have been rebuilt. If you click on Advanced Search, then select the Search Single Content tab & display you Results as Posts, I believe you should be set.

Yes...we had a good time. She is starting to make eye contact. I am finishing an order I want to mail in the morning, and then I will be sitting down at the computer to do e-mails and check on this issue. Thank you for taking the time to help me. I appreciate it!
Donna

fgblueenohanger
03-16-2014, 21:14
I like the new look! Good job guys!

2Questions
03-16-2014, 21:21
Donna here...
OK...I was able to find the threads...I think I found the same when I searched after the updates. Attrol...the issue I have, and maybe I'm not doing it right...the search doesn't take me to the specific post that has "2QZQ" in it. I find the thread, but I must scroll through the thread looking for the latest post with my search words in it.

The old way...the search gave you to the latest post with the search words. If this is the way it must be now...it isn't a huge issue, if I look frequently. But if someone is looking for a subject that was months or years ago...one will need to scroll through the entire thread looking for the search words. If I am doing something wrong, please let me know! Thanks!

TallPaul
03-16-2014, 21:30
Donna here...
OK...I was able to find the threads...I think I found the same when I searched after the updates. Attrol...the issue I have, and maybe I'm not doing it right...the search doesn't take me to the specific post that has "2QZQ" in it. I find the thread, but I must scroll through the thread looking for the latest post with my search words in it.

The old way...the search gave you to the latest post with the search words. If this is the way it must be now...it isn't a huge issue, if I look frequently. But if someone is looking for a subject that was months or years ago...one will need to scroll through the entire thread looking for the search words. If I am doing something wrong, please let me know! Thanks!

Hi
Did you do this & you still don't see it?
"If you click on Advanced Search, then select the Search Single Content tab & display you Results as Posts, I believe you should be set."
Visually...

http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/NC_Hiker/media/Slide5.jpg.html

2Questions
03-16-2014, 21:49
Hi
Did you do this & you still don't see it?
"If you click on Advanced Search, then select the Search Single Content tab & display you Results as Posts, I believe you should be set."
Visually...

http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/NC_Hiker/media/Slide5.jpg.html

Bingo! Got it! I didn't do the last step. I thought I did request "results as posts"...but it was not in the correct place. Your picture was perfect! Thanks so much for helping this computer challenged person!:)
Donna

JollyGreen
03-17-2014, 05:54
Still down 300+ post count

olddog
03-17-2014, 09:52
Went to the woods for the weekend and look what happened. Someone has been busy. Missed out on some of the earlier problems and complaints but it looks good to me. I did have some concern when I went to add photos to our Hike & Hang Trip Report and the new method popped up. This was the same system that BCUSA used in their last update and it took me forever to figure it out and I still have trouble over there. This one worked great and I like being able to view all photos in a set without having to bounce back and forth.

Thanks for all the hard work guys.

trouthunter
03-17-2014, 12:02
Great new look, no problems for me yet.

attroll
03-18-2014, 09:43
Bingo! Got it! I didn't do the last step. I thought I did request "results as posts"...but it was not in the correct place. Your picture was perfect! Thanks so much for helping this computer challenged person!:)
Donna

Donna, I fixed it now so that it should work properly. The word that you picked to search for should be highlighted in yellow now.

WV
03-18-2014, 10:23
I think someone already asked about the size of the "Go to first new post" button. I also would like to see it larger. The folder icon next to it doesn't need to be that big. Thanks.

mudsocks
03-18-2014, 13:32
I think someone already asked about the size of the "Go to first new post" button. I also would like to see it larger. The folder icon next to it doesn't need to be that big. Thanks.

This button? I'm not sure it can be made any bigger without disrupting the format of the entire menu. The text 'View First Unread' is a hyperlink which means it click-able just like the button.

olddog
03-18-2014, 14:23
I don't think that is the button WV is talking about octo. On the new post page to the left of the title is a folder and a small gray dot with 2 triangles on it. It's gray on a gray background with white triangles and it almost gets lost.

WV
03-18-2014, 18:38
Nope, not that one. When I click on New Posts I get a list of threads containing posts that haven't been marked read. Next to the title of each thread there is a small button. Clicking it takes me to the first unread post in that thread.

---

Olddog types faster than I do. Thanks.

mudsocks
03-18-2014, 18:45
This one? https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/images/BP-Light/buttons/lastpost-right.png

TallPaul
03-18-2014, 18:48
The one marked with an A in this photo.

http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/NC_Hiker/media-full//Slide4.jpg.html

Shug
03-18-2014, 19:17
Can we still be invisible on the site.....talking about our current online exposure? Ifso, how now?
Thankee.
Shug

SilvrSurfr
03-18-2014, 19:42
When I search on Find Posts by SilvrSurfr in Advanced Search, I get threads back I've never posted in, like this one:

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?89072-FS-New-Hennessy-Hammock-Exlporer-Ultralight

That's the only one I've found, but why would that one come back in a search on my user name?

Yukon
03-18-2014, 19:49
Can we still be invisible on the site.....talking about our current online exposure? Ifso, how now?
Thankee.
Shug

Click on "settings" in the upper right hand corner of the screen. Then click on "General Settings" in the sidebar on the left. The invisible mode is in there.

mudsocks
03-18-2014, 19:52
When I search on Find Posts by SilvrSurfr in Advanced Search, I get threads back I've never posted in, like this one:

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?89072-FS-New-Hennessy-Hammock-Exlporer-Ultralight

That's the only one I've found, but why would that one come back in a search on my user name?

You have deleted posts in that thread.

silentorpheus
03-18-2014, 19:58
I remember seeing others ask this, but I don't remember seeing an answer one way or the other:

Is there a way to set it to default to the advanced editor for replying to posts? Right now no matter what you hit, it defaults to the quick reply.

EDIT: Just figured it out - if you double click either the "reply" or "reply with quote" button it takes you to the advanced editor right way. :D

Shug
03-18-2014, 20:07
Click on "settings" in the upper right hand corner of the screen. Then click on "General Settings" in the sidebar on the left. The invisible mode is in there.
Thankee.....

miyanc
03-24-2014, 22:01
I haven't seen if anyone has mentioned the spacing issues with the ad banner in the upper right part of the screen, or the lack of space in some of the posts when looking at a list of threads posts. It looks like what happens when you overlap spacing in an excel spread sheat. Its only like that on my samsung note 10.1. I have to check my phone, but it seemed fine on laptop. The ads sometimes have the little lego block, but I see that from time to time when I have flash issues.

mudsocks
03-25-2014, 13:50
I haven't seen if anyone has mentioned the spacing issues with the ad banner in the upper right part of the screen, or the lack of space in some of the posts when looking at a list of threads posts. It looks like what happens when you overlap spacing in an excel spread sheat. Its only like that on my samsung note 10.1. I have to check my phone, but it seemed fine on laptop. The ads sometimes have the little lego block, but I see that from time to time when I have flash issues.

The spacing issues aren't easily resolved on mobile devices. The vbulletin themes weren't really designed with mobile devices in mind. You may be able to use the Mobile Style in the Style quick change box in the lower left but I haven't actually tried it yet :) Can you take a screen shot of the alignment issues in the thread list? You can do this by swiping the side of your hand across your samsung device. You'll see the Lego block when the ad is flash based rather than an animated gif on devices that don't support flash.

MAD777
03-25-2014, 14:28
As an alternative, I use Tapatalk on mobile and it looks & works beautifully. Keep in mind that certain sale forums aren't visible in Tapatalk.

miyanc
03-25-2014, 15:52
The spacing issues aren't easily resolved on mobile devices. The vbulletin themes weren't really designed with mobile devices in mind. You may be able to use the Mobile Style in the Style quick change box in the lower left but I haven't actually tried it yet :) Can you take a screen shot of the alignment issues in the thread list? You can do this by swiping the side of your hand across your samsung device. You'll see the Lego block when the ad is flash based rather than an animated gif on devices that don't support flash.
It doesn't matter to me. It may matter to the advertisers. I will try and post the pics.. wouldnt post directly. I will try uploading and then load by url.

miyanc
03-25-2014, 16:01
https://www.hammockforums.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=23450&catid=member&imageuser=24518
In this one if you look at the ugq ad you can see its chopped in half.

https://www.hammockforums.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=23451&catid=member&imageuser=24518
In this one if you look at the thread that says new vendor mid atlantic, you can see little bits of the line being squished. Its the page numbers stuck under.

Francisbilbo
04-28-2014, 03:32

Wholesale Motocross Gear (http://boldersports.com/category/motorbike-products/motocross-products/)

attroll
04-28-2014, 18:54
Are you still having this problem?

2ply
04-28-2014, 19:58
Could links be made a different color? They're hard to see and blend with the text. I've been making mine bold so they stand out but in most post they are lost in the text.