PDA

View Full Version : Last Minute LSHT Trip

sargevining
03-20-2014, 12:01
The job I'm working on is as messed up as a soup sammich and not worth the time working on it over the weekend, so I'm thinking about heading out to Parking Lot #2 and exploring an old road that comes out on FS211A where that little pond is, and looping around on the LLCL south of there where it the trail isn't so wet.

Anybody free and want to chance getting rained on Sunday morning?

gmcpcs
03-20-2014, 13:29
Hey Sarge,

Hope things are going well.

We spent spring break, sort of in your neck of the woods, at Fairfield Lake SP. First Shaffer Family group hang...I will have to post on a trip report thread, so's I don't hijack your thread :-)

I want to see all your new gear, but maybe another weekend...

Take it easy,

gmcpcs
Patrick

sargevining
03-20-2014, 14:18
Would be cool to see you and the boys again. Maybe I can head out that way sometime with my Son & Grandkids.

BossLady
03-21-2014, 17:35
We talking a day trip? I'm dying to through hike the Lone Star Trail next year but haven't even been able to do a section yet. I really wanna get my feet wet out there. Also is this hike dog friendly?

sargevining
03-21-2014, 23:28
Well, I got home and took one look at my lawn---or I should say jungle horticulture experiment---and decided that the adult thing to do would be to stay home, fix the flat tire on the tractor, and mow.

Sometimes it sux being an adult.