PDA

View Full Version : First hammock

Onlylikesblades
03-22-2014, 21:40
Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum but I just wanted to say that so far, I love my Trek Light Double. I got it to see if I could be comfortable in a hammock over night. So far, it's been incredible. The hammock is perfect for my relatively tall body (6' 2"). Even with my girlfriend and I both in it, there was no creaking or groaning. I feel totally comfortable with this hammock. The only bad thing is I think because of this hammock, I'm going to be buying a lot more hammock equipment...

Flounder
03-23-2014, 01:57
Welcome and glad you liked it. It is definitely an addiction and yes, you will be buying more gear!

TrekLightGear
03-24-2014, 13:19
Welcome and thanks for the support! There's an awesome community here and I'm always directly available as well if there's anything I can do to help you out. Happy Hammocking!

gnarus8429
04-03-2014, 08:17
Yup that was my first hammock as well. I have two now and have not found a reason to buy a more expensive brand. You will soon find that the only bad thing about sleeping in that hammock is that it is the most affordable part of a whole hammock setup. Welcome to the hobby. Get out out your checkbook.

WVadvrider
05-08-2014, 13:39
Even if upgrading to something later, they are great to have in the car for lounging or a spare.

Suede
05-08-2014, 13:57
Welcome and thanks for the support! There's an awesome community here and I'm always directly available as well if there's anything I can do to help you out. Happy Hammocking!

I was out in Boulder about 3 weeks ago. Wandering around the street mall, I came across your cart! Bought your backpack (3 oz). What a perfect day hiker pack for peak bagging and just general use. Also have your gear loft which I love! Great products!

TrekLightGear
05-12-2014, 13:03
Love to hear it - thanks Suede! Hope you had a great time in Boulder, don't hesitate to stop by TLG HQ and say hello next time you're in town!

Suede
05-12-2014, 13:52
Love to hear it - thanks Suede! Hope you had a great time in Boulder, don't hesitate to stop by TLG HQ and say hello next time you're in town!

I most definitely will!

johnbelly
04-25-2018, 14:59
Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum but I just wanted to say that so far, I love my Trek Light Double. I got it to see if I could be comfortable in a hammock over night. So far, it's been incredible. The hammock is perfect for my relatively tall body (6' 2"). Even with my girlfriend and I both in it, there was no creaking or groaning. I feel totally comfortable with this hammock. The only bad thing is I think because of this hammock, I'm going to be buying a lot more hammock equipment...

Hey There I'm quite New here as well and looking to try my first hammock soon and glad to see such a awesome exerience of Trek Ligh Double maybe I would go and give it a try.

bansheekitty
05-26-2020, 16:53
I'm late to the party but I've been reading through the forums during quarantine. My Trek Light hammock was what got me into hammocking, and although I now use other, dedicated camping hammocks, I leave my Trek Light at my parents' house because it's much more comfortable to sleep in than the guest room bed when I'm visiting. I hope you've enjoyed your hammock the last couple of years!