PDA

View Full Version : 2QZQ UnderQuiltProtector....UQP in Dutch's ARGON Woodland Camo

2Questions
03-28-2014, 08:15
Donna here...

We will be adding this UQP to our website. I'm not sure when Tim will get the chance to put this fabric option on there. Until then, anyone interested may place an order by filling out the order form on our website. Check any of the colors for a breathable UQP and then write Argon camo in the comments box. These will be available in both Gathered end style @ $42.00, and Bridge style @ $45.00. The Bridge style can be used on both gathered end and bridge hammocks. The weights...not sure yet, but will be lighter than the standard 1.1 fabric we use. We need to get the fabric from Dutch and make one. We will one post pics and weights on our website.

2Questions
03-28-2014, 09:58
Someone must have posted and then deleted the post...not saying who! ;)

To somewhat respond. Check out Dutch's website for a small picture of the ARGON Camo here... http://dutchwaregear.com/argon-90.html

We will get pics on our website as soon as we can!

Thank you for your interest!
Donna

Bushwhacker
03-28-2014, 10:07

To somewhat respond. Check out Dutch's website for a small picture of the ARGON Camo here... http://dutchwaregear.com/argon-90.html

Donna

Oh yeah, but then I saw that you said you were going to post pictures in your original post. It's the argon 90, right?

2Questions
03-28-2014, 10:14
It's the argon 90, right?

Yes...I think this is the only breathable ARGON camo fabric he has.

Alf233
03-28-2014, 10:24
I've been thinking of getting a UQP. Now I can't wait to order. How's the fit on a WB XLC

Bushwhacker
03-28-2014, 10:31
Wait, um, how do you make 64" wide UQ protectors out of 60" wide material? Magic? It MUST be magic!

Cranky Bear
03-28-2014, 10:44
Wait, um, how do you make 64" wide UQ protectors out of 60" wide material? Magic? It MUST be magic!
In 2QZQ's first post it is noted that it is not up on the site yet, so the measurements you are seeing on their site are from the other fabric they have and "not" the Argon.

EDIT: Sorry I should have said "Donna" instead of 2QZQ...my bad

2Questions
03-28-2014, 10:48

Um...:)...they won't be 64" wide. They will be the maximum width I can make with the fabric. Once I have one made...along with the pics, and weight, the width will be posted also.

The width of this UQP shouldn't be an issue, unless you use it on an overstuffed HG 0° Incubator UQ. Then it might not completely cover the UQ, but will come up to the sides far enough for good coverage. This part of the hammock/UQ/UQP will be up inside the tarp. We put the multicam UQP under Tim's overstuffed HG 0° UQ and it came just up to the sides, and the multicam is approx. 2" wider than the ARGON.

Thanks for verifying the width!
Donna

2Questions
04-02-2014, 12:13
Donna here...

I was finally able to lasso Tim long enough to put these on our website!:)

I now have the fabric, and will be making a UQP today, and hopefully we will have pictures on the website by tomorrow evening.

2Questions
04-02-2014, 15:44
I just made an UQP in the Argon camo. It is a very nice soft fabric. The Gathered end style weighs in a 5.4 ounces! Tim will try...weather permitting...to get a picture on his hammock and UQ tomorrow.
Donna

12trysomething
04-02-2014, 19:07
I just made an UQP in the Argon camo. It is a very nice soft fabric. The Gathered end style weighs in a 5.4 ounces! Tim will try...weather permitting...to get a picture on his hammock and UQ tomorrow.
Donna

Ugh.......I like you, why do you do this? Doesn't Little ZQ need you...instead of creating lighter weight versions of gear I just got from you?

:) can't wait to see a picture! I hope all is well.

2Questions
04-02-2014, 20:52
Ugh.......I like you, why do you do this? Doesn't Little ZQ need you...instead of creating lighter weight versions of gear I just got from you?

:) can't wait to see a picture! I hope all is well.

All is well! Tomorrow is my day to spend with our little one. She is an hour's drive away. I have been going out there Thursdays.

Pics will come...as long as it doesn't rain the whole day tomorrow!
Donna

2Questions
04-05-2014, 19:02
Tim's schedule and the weather finally coordinated, and we now have pictures on our website. See link below if interested.
Thanks!
Donna

youbet
06-17-2014, 19:09
Cant wait for mine!!

Billiard Pete
07-03-2014, 09:06

Donna

Will the UQ protector fit the XLC WBBB?

2Questions
07-03-2014, 11:11
Will the UQ protector fit the XLC WBBB?

Donna here....The UQPs are designed and sized to protect an underquilt. If the standard size underquilt fits your hammock...so will the UQP. If you have a longer than standard underquilt, contact us through a PM or our website for further discussion. Thanks!

Billiard Pete
07-03-2014, 13:05
Donna here....The UQPs are designed and sized to protect an underquilt. If the standard size underquilt fits your hammock...so will the UQP. If you have a longer than standard underquilt, contact us through a PM or our website for further discussion. Thanks!

Thanks, I had a moment of mental weakness just then.

2Questions
07-03-2014, 13:15
Thanks, I had a moment of mental weakness just then.

No problem....you are only about 1 of a 1000 that have asked the same question! :)
Donna

Surfdog
07-03-2014, 15:49
Do these UQP offer any warmth on their own?

I'm wondering if the UQP by itself would be suitable for summer nights when it might get to the low 60's, or at the very least maybe a PL laid inside the UQP?

2Questions
07-03-2014, 20:22
Do these UQP offer any warmth on their own?

I'm wondering if the UQP by itself would be suitable for summer nights when it might get to the low 60's, or at the very least maybe a PL laid inside the UQP?

That will depend on what type of sleeper you are. Tim for example, would not be able to go anywhere close to 60° with just the UQP. One the other hand, a friend of his has slept outside the last five weeks with nothing under his hammock and has been fine.

The fabric used for the UQPs is wind resistant...therefore it will help keep, to an extent, the wind from penetrating the hammock...And to an extent the warmth generated by you from leaving the hammock.

The UQP wasn't designed to hold the weight of a pad or such, but we have been told by quite a few that they have done just that with success.

Anyone...feel free to add your 2 cents!
Donna

Surfdog
07-05-2014, 05:48
Thanks Donna.
I'm a pretty warm sleeper, my wife usually has 3 or 4 blankets on her while I sleep with just a sheet which is the reason I asked. I'm thinking that during our muggy summer nights your UQP might be just enough to add a slight layer of wind protection and warmth when it starts to feel cool at 3 in the AM.
Looks like I'll be placing another order... :lol:

johnb007
07-24-2014, 22:07
Donna here...

We will be adding this UQP to our website. I'm not sure when Tim will get the chance to put this fabric option on there. Until then, anyone interested may place an order by filling out the order form on our website. Check any of the colors for a breathable UQP and then write Argon camo in the comments box. These will be available in both Gathered end style @ $42.00, and Bridge style @ $45.00. The Bridge style can be used on both gathered end and bridge hammocks. The weights...not sure yet, but will be lighter than the standard 1.1 fabric we use. We need to get the fabric from Dutch and make one. We will one post pics and weights on our website.
New guy here... can I get the link to the website? Been looking for a good UQP.

2Questions
07-24-2014, 22:14
New guy here... can I get the link to the website? Been looking for a good UQP.

Click on the green "2QZQ Hammock Specialties" below. Thanks!
Donna

johnb007
07-25-2014, 20:25
Click on the green "2QZQ Hammock Specialties" below. Thanks!
Donna
Ah, My Tapatalk app hid the signature blocks, once I viewed this thread in a browser I could see it...duh ;-)

I did submit an order for one of the Argon UQPs!

2Questions
07-25-2014, 20:36
Ah, My Tapatalk app hid the signature blocks, once I viewed this thread in a browser I could see it...duh ;-)

I did submit an order for one of the Argon UQPs!

No problem...I'm not familiar with Tapatalk...but I'm glad you were able to see it eventually!

I just replied to your order! :)
Donna