PDA

View Full Version : CT > Mini-hang at Indian Well Shelton, CT

gogrillz
04-18-2014, 17:45
Amanda (Snotty Tissues) & I would like to host a mini hang on the 1st or 2nd weekend of May at our small private camp at the edge of Indian Well S.P. in Shelton, CT. :D Below are some pictures of the cabin that sleeps 2, the fire pit & picnic table with plenty of trees, it has running water, and we are putting the finishing touches on the outhouse. There is a very nice hiking trail (blue dot) that you could take to the waterfall or walk down to the main park on the river! For cooking I have a tri-pod and 12" Dutch oven and a gas grill. I was going to do a sign up sheet, (I don't know how) but for a small group, we could just edit this post Hope to see some of you guys, Thanks!

sunshower
04-19-2014, 09:46
Looks like a great spot!

gogrillz
04-21-2014, 06:20
Looks like a great spot!

Thanks! Amanda and I have been working on it for a few years now, mostly on the weekends. We really enjoy the outdoors, so if we don't have any M/C trips planned, or want to do a quick overnight, we just hang out there. Last weekend we baked a ham, and in the past we've done chicken n ribs, or potroast, chili, pineapple upside down cake, corn bread, lets face it, anything can be cooked in a dutch oven, or open fire.
There is also an abundance of wildlife, because of the park many animals can be seen daily, mostly deer, possum, coon, gopher, squirrel, various birds and turkey, but on occasion fox, coyote, hawks, and even a bobcat once.
The park is still closed, so it's fairly quiet now, but in the summer the place gets packed, and you can hear the boats, and children swimming, and if the wind is blowing just right you can smell the BBQ.

Snaggletooth
04-22-2014, 22:46
Looks like a nice place you have there! I have way to many things going on right now , but would like to check it out sometime.

atrane21
04-24-2014, 21:19
Great looking place. Im in the same boat as gastar. May seems to have a hang almost every weekend for me.

gogrillz
04-27-2014, 19:51
No sweat. It' not going any where. You guys can come down any time. We just finished running 200' ABS tubing today. So now we have water. Will post more pics soon.

CT Pathfinder
04-22-2015, 17:36
Are you doing anything in 2015?

gogrillz
04-23-2015, 10:52
Are you doing anything in 2015?

Yeah, what do you have in mind? We are thinking of hosting a gathering at Webb Mountain, lots of trees, and we can reserve sites anytime, I think it's still $10 a night. What do you guys think? Or we can stay at my place for free "Camp Tahmore"

CT Pathfinder
04-24-2015, 08:35
Webb mountain is great. Site 5 is the largest. Would have to be creative for # of hang sites.

gogrillz
04-26-2015, 16:22
For a hundred dollars a night you could book the whole place! $200 and the place would be all ours for the weekend! Plenty of trees everywhere at that place. And I only live 2 miles away, could easily truck in some firewood.

gogrillz
04-26-2015, 16:40
Regulations
The following will be STRICTLY followed. 1. Park closed at SUNSET. 2. NO alcoholic beverages or intoxicating substances. 3. NO littering, dumping, or polluting park waters. 4. Visitors must remove all items brought in. 5. NO Vandalism including removal of trees, plants, wildlife, fuel wood or earth material. 6. NO hunting, fireworks, or weapons (including firearms, air guns, archery equipment, paint ball and martial arts implements.) 7. NO ATV’S or motorized trail bikes 8. NO disorderly conduct, obscene behavior or form of rough play. 9. Dogs must be on a leash no longer than seven feet. 10. Dogs must have rabies vaccination and current license. Owners must show proof upon request. 11. One dog per campsite. Dogs must be attended at all times. 12. Owner must clean up after dog. 13. Fires in established fire pits or in camp stoves ONLY. NO fire kindled or maintained within five feet of any tree or shrub.

Camping Regulations
1. Camping permit fee is $10.00 per site for one to five people. 2. An additional $10.00 for six to ten people. 3. Limit of ten people per site 4. No permit is issued to anyone under 18 years of age. 5. Permittee accepts responsibility for all guests at their assigned site and any damage to site. 6. Only two vehicles per site per permit. No RVs or Pop-Up campers, 7. Tent camping equipment only. 8. Campsite must be occupied within twenty-four hours of day assigned or it will be declared an open site. Length of stay is limited to fourteen consecutive days. At the end of camp stay, site must be clean and vacated by 12:00 noon. 9. All visitors must leave by sunset. 10. Quiet Hours are from 11:00pm to 7:00am.

Camping Season
OPENS: MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND CLOSES: November 1 @ 12 Noon

I just copied and pasted this from their web site. So each site is allowed 5 people and 2 cars for $10, and then if you pay $10 more you can have 10 people. I wonder if you are allowed any more cars? I'll ask next time I go there. We could rent the last 4 sites at the end, that way when we get rowdy we won't bother anyone. That's $80 for the weekend, up to 20 people, and 8 vehicles. Or if it's just a few of us, we could just get the one big site, like you said, and I can leave my car at home.

gogrillz
04-30-2015, 14:33
Any locals want to hang this weekend?

CT Pathfinder
05-08-2015, 17:37
R U going to camp this week end? Maby i should stop by and meet U you !

gogrillz
05-09-2015, 09:55
We camped last weekend, and we'll be away next weekend in PA for a http://www.motocampers.com/ event.