PDA

View Full Version : Backpacking/Paddling trip in Sweden, July 2014

Swede2378
04-21-2014, 13:49
Hello!

Starting to plan a long trip for those of us in Sweden, or those that have the means to get here in July. I have been on the SKAHO trip in 2012 when we paddled from Mariefred to Gnesta, and would like to combine that route with a few days backpacking.

My idea is this:

Sörmlandsleden, 40 km, in about four days, from my house in Mariefred to Gnesta. Afterwards, we get Kanotkungen to deliver canoes to us in Gnesta, go to the grocery store and restock, and then take the same route as last time, but backwards, three days to Åkers-Styckebruk. I have already been in contact with InTheSwim, who was with us on the the 2012 SKAHO trip.

I plan on taking my 12 year old daughter with us, she has logged 40 nights in a hammock and 60 km om the trail the past few years.

I can post links to the maps I will be using. Would be great to have a few more on the trip.

intheswim
04-21-2014, 21:43
YEAAAA!!!! Swede2378 aka Eric da Hamelin is da man. Everyone needs to sign up now or we leave ya'll behind. ;)

Swede2378
06-15-2014, 09:28
With only two weeks until my vacation starts I am really ready to get down on the planning for this trip. I managed to buy a canoe (!) and have most of the particulars of the route nailed down, since I've done the whole trip in stages before. Looking at July 12th or so, and would love to be able to stretch it out to about seven days.