PDA

View Full Version : Tornadoes

Darby
04-28-2014, 13:28
Hey Folks,

We had 3 tornadoes come through Friday night:cursing:. They tore some stuff up and destroyed some homes. We just received power back, some areas are still without. We will be resume shipping tomorrow.

Cheers, Dale

Loki
04-28-2014, 14:32
Glad you are OK Darby. Prayers for those who are not.

grannypat
04-28-2014, 18:43
I hadn't heard about these. Glad you are OK.

southmark
04-28-2014, 18:50
Glad y'all are ok. Reminded me that my first night in a hammock was about 34 years ago... in a tornado.

Hawk-eye
04-28-2014, 19:00
Dang Darby ... stay safe pal. Glad you got through it with just the power loss.

BillyBob58
04-29-2014, 08:02
Checking in from Tupelo, MS, still had no phone/tv/internet when we went to bed last night. We have had massive damage, four or more churches damaged or destroyed and many houses and businesses also. But very blessed, I have only heard of one fatality and it is not certain if that traffic accident was caused by the tornado, but it might have been. One death is too many, and there were a few serious injuries and lots of non-serious, but it could have been so much worse and I really can't believe it was not! When we crawled out of our so called safe room, we quickly realized our neighborhood had no damage other than garbage cans in the road, but we were afraid there were going to be many deaths.

Supposed to be some more this afternoon, maybe not as bad as yesterday, but is this storm that went through here still heading east? Y'all be careful, this one is one mean SOB!

Bill

BillyBob58
04-29-2014, 08:11
BTW, Kudos to our young weather man, Matt Lawhan(sp?). He was on TV giving us- in his opinion- tornado warnings get to your safe area NOW, quite a few minutes before the NWS put out the warning on my cell phone and finally on TV. He told us it was not official but he felt we should take cover NOW. He was right on. We finally got power cable back sometime overnight, and when NBC Today Show came on the 1st thing we see is our weather man, giving warning on TV(we had already lost power by this time) and then as people are telling him to run for cover and just as he he runs for it the signal is lost!

Anyway, he did a great job of getting us an early and accurate warning, and he hung in there giving warnings untill the last minute.

EDIT: here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTWQUy76paA

mbiraman
04-29-2014, 11:20
Glad to hear your OK Billybob.

Cali
04-29-2014, 12:05
These are some mean storms covering quite a big area. Everyone be safe out there. :thumbup: Darby and BillyBob, I am happy you are both okay and didn't suffer any major damage or injuries. Take care.

dakotaross
04-29-2014, 15:14
Indeed, glad everyone is OK. My second though is how nice it is that you will be resuming shipping so quickly and how well you've communicated the situation. Just seems that's not always par for the course of late and wanted to let you know its appreciated.

gunner76
04-29-2014, 16:23
Lucky for us, the bad weather has been bypassing us here in the Morehead City - Beaufort NC area. Just getting some rain.

grannypat
04-29-2014, 18:08
Glad to hear Darby, Billybob and Gunner 76 are OK. Thanks for letting us know. We worry!

Rockdawg69
04-29-2014, 18:09
Glad to hear all of you are okay Darby. Hope this next batch misses your area. Missed my TN house yesterday by a few miles. Southeast GA seems to be in a "grace" zone for the time being.

cataraftgirl
04-29-2014, 18:44
Thoughts & prayers with all you folks back east. Hunker down & stay safe!

Darby
05-02-2014, 15:14
I apologize for taking so long to answer, I have been busy helping friends with their damage. There are about 200 homes damaged, but that is spread out over 4 counties. BillyBob58, glad to hear you made it through safely.Thank you everybody for the well wishes and concern. A lot of folks around here tend to ignore bad weather alerts until it is too late. This may have gained their attention:scared:.

Cheers, Dale

Cranky Bear
05-02-2014, 16:19
Best wishes to anyone involved, hope you and your families are safe.

A mini reminder be safe and watch what your doing as there can be deadly consequences for dealing with the aftermath of a disaster like this. Water and food may be compromised and all that so please be safe, my thoughts and prayers to you all for a return to normalcy as quickly as possible.

DRobertson
05-05-2014, 19:33
I feel like tornado valley is expanding.... I live in northern wyoming (the true WILD WEST) and saw 2 funnel clouds last year. ALWAYS CHECK THE WEATHER BEFORE HANGING! Im glad y'all are ok.