PDA

View Full Version : I'm in love

vitamaltz
06-30-2009, 10:04
I slept in a friend's singlenest this weekend and was blown away. I'd never tried one before and had this elitist notion that HAABs were entry level or obsolete, or something like that. It turned out to be the best night I've ever had in a hammock, and I've had many great nights above ground. The parachute nylon feels awesome and I was actually most comfortable laying inline, rather than diagonally. I think it just fits me perfectly. I didn't get any hot spots on my heels or sore backbending knees, and I was able to pull a summer weight SB over it tube style (a la Jeff's site). That's a pretty rocking summer setup with some kind of bugnet head bivy. I don't really need any advice, I just have to gush!

I'll say I love this style of hammock, but I wouldn't say I love HAABs, because I think when I get one of my own, the hook and the bag will come off pretty quickly.

angrysparrow
06-30-2009, 10:17
I'd never tried one before and had this elitist notion that HAABs were entry level or obsolete, or something like that.

Congratulations. You've discovered that 'starter hammocks' are lacking only addon features, not comfort.

As many hammocks as I've collected, my favorites are still the simpler ones.

shrek
06-30-2009, 10:45
I'll be hanging in my singlenest this weekend. I'll keep the BB packed for the next hang.

BillyBob58
06-30-2009, 16:53
I slept in a friend's singlenest this weekend and was blown away. I'd never tried one before and had this elitist notion that HAABs were entry level or obsolete, or something like that. .....

I still rate my Claytor No Net as one of my most comfortable hammocks! I think it qualifies as a more or less HAAB, kind of. ;)

lazyboy
07-02-2009, 07:39
I find myself setting up my eno singlenest all the time just to spend an hour or so in it if that is all the time I have. My only problem is that until I build a stand for it I have to hang in the front yard and my neighbors think I am nuts. I replaced the heavy biners that came with it with rings on one end and a light weight climbing biner on the other. I am 6'4", 225lbs and it fits me very well.

treehouseguy
07-09-2009, 18:10
At first I thought I'd already posted to this cause of what Lazyboy wrote - "I find myself setting up my eno singlenest all the time just to spend an hour or so in it if that is all the time I have."

I stay in hotels all over the country during work but frequently set up my SinglesNest in their parking lots or out by the pools just to get away from the room. If not for Hampton Inn's incredibly comfortable beds, I think I'd almost rather be in my Eno in the parking lot than have to share a room with some dude I don't know very well. :D