PDA

View Full Version : Mirror Image driB kcalB

Darrel
07-05-2009, 10:28
Hey Guys,
I just received conformation on my second Black Bird Hammock order.
Number one is a stock double 1.1 for my wife and #2 is going to be a mirror image of hers for me.
The idea behind making one a mirror image of the other is to facilitate having both zippers to the inside whenever we can manage a double hang under the same tarp setup.

This will allow us to pass gear back and forth and carry on face to face conversatations just before falling asleep.
This will work well for backyard camping and also might work out well on the trail from time to time.

Looks like we should have them in a couple of weeks.
I will upload some pictures of them in action and share my thoughts on the idea and overall impressions on the hammocks themselves.

More soon......
-Darrel :)

HappyCamper
07-06-2009, 13:42
Great. Will look forward to your post. Good idea about the mirror image!

Darrel
07-06-2009, 14:27
Hey Happy,
Thanks for the response!
Cheers,
Darrel :D

ikemouser
07-06-2009, 17:16
Please keep us updated on how the mirror image works out, I would like to try something similar when me and my wife go. Its a plus for the weight savings, and she gets scared at night. Pics would be nice.

Darrel
07-06-2009, 19:50
Please keep us updated on how the mirror image works out, I would like to try something similar when me and my wife go. Its a plus for the weight savings, and she gets scared at night. Pics would be nice.

Hey Ike,
Will do...
I think that this is going to work well. We had the Hennesy before but they did not permit handing things across or even basic ( net free) contact.
I think we missed this aspect from out tent camping days and this idea, if it works could be pretty cool.
My wife doesn't spook very easily and tends to fall asleep before I do. I tend to be a wee bit more vigilant but usually sleep well on the trail once I get settled in.

Cheers,
Darrel :)

Just Jeff
07-06-2009, 20:46
I think I'm gonna get the Explorer zipper mod on the right side so my wife can hang beside me. Not the same as a mirror image, but still more convenient than no contact and she likes the Hennessy entry more than a side entry.

Darrel
07-06-2009, 21:39
Hey Jeff,
Thanks for the response!
I have spent more then a few evenings reading from your remarkable site.
Thanks for making this resource available .

Cheers,

Just Jeff
07-07-2009, 06:07
No worries, man - building that site helped me organize my own thoughts, and I figured I wasn't the only one doing that research so I put it out there for everybody. Just like this site...it helps people get started and they end up sharing, so everybody benefits. It's like we reached a critical mass of relaxation or something.

Darrel
07-07-2009, 07:03
It's like we reached a critical mass of relaxation or something.

Hey Jeff,
So true, so true.
There exists a uniqueness to this board however that I have not experienced often enough elsewhere .
Contributions spawn new discoveries which in turn are shared and the cycle perpetuates . Cool beans.:cool:

Cheers,

ikemouser
07-08-2009, 20:57
Jeff without your site, i would have gotten the wrong hammock, not known anything about uqs, tqs, weather shields or otherwise. Nice organization too, very easy to use.

Just Jeff
07-08-2009, 21:39
Good deal, ikemouser...glad to help.

Darrel
07-23-2009, 11:44
Hey Guys,
The Mail Lady just handed me a small white box with two lovely Black Birds in it.:D
One Black Bishop bad was sort of a nice sage green and the second Bishop bag was Black and was marked 'Lefty' to designate it as the mirror image version.
I have initially claimed this one for myself but we will see.

I have un-baged them both and can only concur that Brando does beautiful work. They are both very well constructed and the material seems top shelf.
I would like to publicly thank Brandon for his devotion and dedication to his craft. Well done sir.

I will not likely get a chance to hang these for a few days. We are heading out of town for a wedding and will not be able to try them out until we return.
I will post a first hang impression just as soon as possible.
Till then...

Cheers,
Darrel :D

HappyCamper
07-23-2009, 11:48
I will not likely get a chance to hang these for a few days. We are heading out of town for a wedding and will not be able to try them out until we return.

Sad, Darrel is not truly an addict yet or he'd be taking them both with him and posting pictures of the hammocks hanging at the wedding. :rolleyes:

I guess we can wait for the full report upon your return. ;)

Cannibal
07-23-2009, 11:50
Sad, Darrel is not truly an addict yet or he'd be taking them both with him and posting pictures of the hammocks hanging at the wedding. :rolleyes:

:lol::lol::lol:
I was thinking the same thing. Glad someone else said it first. :D

Darrel
07-23-2009, 12:39
Hey Guys,

Sad, Darrel is not truly an addict yet or he'd be taking them both with him and posting pictures of the hammocks hanging at the wedding.

Guilty as charged:lol: but let me elaborate a wee bit.
To hang "overnight" will have to wait but I just tried one out for a quick test sit/lay and they are everything I had hoped for.
Super well made!

Cheers,