PDA

View Full Version : bicycle tour, 1500 miles with a HH

mikeshift1
07-05-2009, 21:57
hello, just wanted to drop in to say how awesome my HH hyperlight worked on my bicycle touring trip! i went from my home in Connecticut to Milwaukee WI in 3 weeks and used my HH every night. this was my first long distance trip of any kind with my HH and it's the absolute best choice for stealth camping in my opinion. (didnt pay for a single campsite) the only negative about the experience was the fact that i had a hard time getting up and typically slept 12 hours a night, in addition because the bugs were so bad at times i typically ate my dinner and breakfast inside, so i probably spent a good 14 hours in my hammock a day :D. i used the JRB tri glides, and that made the process so much quicker then the original tree hugger system. i'm also using the hammock for a 2 week kayak trip down the connecticut river, and really cant imagine a better shelter system. hah also a funny story, i work at an EMS and convinced 4 co-workers (i.e. 100% of the ppl who camp activly) to switch to hanging and they all love me for it, we only carry ENO's now (no more HH unfortinitly) but the double nest is pretty awesome. personally i had no problems with the stock fly, kept me dry in some crazy rain, but i pitched it separately and never could pitch it perfect (which bothers me as a long time tarper) anyway, just wanted to say you've got another convert!

gargoyle
07-06-2009, 06:40
Awesome. We need a trip report, with pictures. Now you gotta pedal back.

Oms
07-06-2009, 07:02
Biking and camping, my two favorite things. I'm thinking about selling my mountain bike to get something to tour with. Sounds like a fabulous trip. Any pictures? Considering the amount of time spent in the saddle, the hammock would be the best place to rest (feet elevated). A TR would be nice, complete with gear list. That's not asking too much, is it :)?

Just Jeff
07-06-2009, 07:56
Yeah - you have to feed our addiction with pictures. :jj:

Shug
07-07-2009, 10:09
Sa-weet! OK though ... details!!!! and pictures .... oh pretty please.
Curious Shug