PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with an UQ fit issue

SuckaNumberOne
06-08-2014, 14:52
Quick and dirty intro: Just getting into hiking/camping, decided hanging was the way to go, did my research, bought WBBB XLC with HG quilts. Anyways, my first night out I had all kinds of issues retaining heat. My UQ was all over the place. I thought I did a reasonable job adjusting it correctly before hand. Does anyone have tips on keeping the UQ locked into place? What about tips for tossers and turners? I do thrash around a bit before settling in at night. Thanks.

SuckaNumberOne
06-09-2014, 18:01
After spending more time with my setup, I've got it fitting just right. The quilt now looks like a trapezoid and fits pretty well, but I'm still having issues keeping it in place as I toss and turn. Any suggestions?

Poedog
06-09-2014, 18:06
Quilt hooks?

Edit: I just saw you have a BB…hmm...

Beast 71
06-09-2014, 18:10
Adjust the right shoulder even tighter and if you have loops on your HG Uq go up and over your ridge line with some shock cord. If you can do it from where your foot box on your WBBB is to your left shoulder all the better. I've been intending to put a hook or button on instead but my solution has worked well enough that I haven't yet.

Floridahanger
06-09-2014, 18:12
Go to Shugs videos. He has a wonderful set of UQ vids that may just help.

SuckaNumberOne
06-10-2014, 11:22
I think adding hooks or buttons would be the way to go as well, but I'll try the cord method you suggested Beast. Appreciate it.

Also, thanks for pointing me to the video section Floridahanger. I didn't even realize it was there.

Floridahanger
06-10-2014, 19:13
It's not just here. If you go to youtube, you can go to Shug's channel -->http://www.youtube.com/user/shugemery.

He has a ton of vids for everything. High quality info and entertainment all in one.

SuckaNumberOne
06-18-2014, 07:57
That guys an odd bird to say the least, but he puts in a lot of work on his videos. Good to see people up editing and production into them.