PDA

View Full Version : VaraVild Boreal Hangout Aug 21-24

Stavros
06-16-2014, 02:28
There is a hangout in Idre (Sweden) between Aug 21-24th.
It is VaraVild that is making this happen.
They have had the HangOut for a couple of years and they used to charge for it (VaraVild is a company) but this year it is for free.

I thought it would be great if as many as possible could join this HangOut.

I will try to be there and if I can make it I will bring my SKAHO-flag.

The exact place of the hangout is not specified yet but they will give coordinates later on. A little bit of a mystery........:-)

K0m4
06-16-2014, 05:01
Good that this is happening! I've noticed quite a few Swedes joining this forum over the years I've been a member, so there should be a critical mass of oddballs by now! :D

Unfortunately I can't make it those dates, as i) I'm using up my leave to go to fish in the Kiruna forests (if you have any tips, please let me know in this thread (https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?94720-Planning-the-trip-of-dreams-six-nights-north-of-the-Arctic-Circle-in-Sweden)), and ii) my best friend is getting married just those days..

In Idre there might be a few Norwegians joining too, no?

Joz
06-16-2014, 06:27
No can do those dates. Sister's wedding.

Stavros
06-16-2014, 07:16
Good that this is happening! I've noticed quite a few Swedes joining this forum over the years I've been a member, so there should be a critical mass of oddballs by now! :D

Unfortunately I can't make it those dates, as i) I'm using up my leave to go to fish in the Kiruna forests (if you have any tips, please let me know in this thread (https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?94720-Planning-the-trip-of-dreams-six-nights-north-of-the-Arctic-Circle-in-Sweden)), and ii) my best friend is getting married just those days..

In Idre there might be a few Norwegians joining too, no?

Well, you might be right about the Norwegians. Idre is pretty close to the border.

No can do those dates. Sister's wedding.

I donīt think that a sisterīs marriage is a valid excuse for not coming to the hangout.........:-)

I checked how far away ít is and it is only 650km away from home. Jippie!