PDA

View Full Version : NJ>Lower Forge>7/12/14>1st Annual GSHDANJ Blueberry Hang

Pages : 1 [2]

The Tree Frog
07-08-2014, 20:37
Thanks for looking that up, real trip killer for the wife though

That would be it for my wife too. Forever!

"What a shame. Someone throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that." What movie? Anyone?

Ratdog
07-08-2014, 20:47
I want my $2

mychal
07-08-2014, 20:54
He uses it as an excuse to put his testicles all over me.

Ratdog
07-08-2014, 20:59
TENTIcles...

Two dollars, I WANT MY TWO DOLLARS!

Wilson
07-08-2014, 21:17
TENTIcles...

Two dollars, I WANT MY TWO DOLLARS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdF_Vo4B6Ms&feature=kp :)

The Tree Frog
07-08-2014, 21:18
I want my $2

Ding ding ding. Ratdog knows it. And don't go Googling the quotes if you don't know it!

Anyone else?

The Tree Frog
07-08-2014, 21:20
He uses it as an excuse to put his testicles all over me.

You got it! But in all honesty, I had to Google that one!

The Tree Frog
07-08-2014, 21:21
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdF_Vo4B6Ms&feature=kp :)

Sorry Johnny. I don't have a dime...

The Tree Frog
07-08-2014, 21:23
Ok. Let's tie this back to the hang. We can play this at the campfire. Everyone start thinking of movie quotes, lines, etc. we can test each other for fun.

aircoder
07-08-2014, 21:50
37 In a row?

Wilson
07-08-2014, 21:55
Sorry Johnny. I don't have a dime...

Didn't ask for a dime!

mychal
07-08-2014, 22:02
It's one of my all time favorites. I still think of that exchange student whenever I see someone throwing snowballs. But the paper boy is in a class by himself.

SilvrSurfr
07-08-2014, 22:30
Ok. Let's tie this back to the hang. We can play this at the campfire. Everyone start thinking of movie quotes, lines, etc. we can test each other for fun.

That's gonna go over about as well as everyone learning the lyrics to a song for campfire crooning. Ya gotta have a memory for that sort of stuff!

The Tree Frog
07-09-2014, 05:54
That's gonna go over about as well as everyone learning the lyrics to a song for campfire crooning. Ya gotta have a memory for that sort of stuff!

For crooning, you need a memory AND some alcohol. Not everyone is as confident in their singing abilities as you and Silent O. For this game, we just need to have watched movies and remember our favorite lines. :laugh:

Jshep420
07-09-2014, 06:53
is this thing only saturday night? or is it firday as well

It's a Friday nite!! I'm planning on going fri-sun! Let me know. I'll meet up. I have two spots for Friday and it's just me. My pals bailed!!

mattyoc20
07-09-2014, 10:33
It's a Friday nite!! I'm planning on going fri-sun! Let me know. I'll meet up. I have two spots for Friday and it's just me. My pals bailed!!

Ok awesome. I am heading to north central PA today through Friday morning. Not sure what time ill be back in the area so ill let ya know. Just to clarify, this is car camping right? I havent gone through all 27 pages of messages and just wanted to make sure. i probably wont get there til Firday night some time

mattyoc20
07-09-2014, 11:01
Ok so i just went back through the threads and found that this is a hike in thing. I wont be able to do that firday night so it looks like im coming saturday. That being said, i am completely not familiar with the area and was looking at the trail maps online and its a little confusing (sorry im not an experienced hiker or map reader) but it looks like its several trials to get there. I guess my best bet is to meet up with some of you guys to hike in. When is everyone leaving saturday?

SilvrSurfr
07-09-2014, 13:48
For crooning, you need a memory AND some alcohol. Not everyone is as confident in their singing abilities as you and Silent O. For this game, we just need to have watched movies and remember our favorite lines. :laugh:

Remember our favorite lines, right. What was the question?

SilvrSurfr
07-09-2014, 13:56
I guess my best bet is to meet up with some of you guys to hike in. When is everyone leaving saturday?

There's an early shift leaving 9 or 10 from Atsion. I don't wake up, well enough hike, that early in the morning. I'll probably leave Atsion between 12 and 1 pm. I was thinking of hiking the Batona Trail from Batsto Village to Lower Forge (better blueberries) but that also means I have to deal with weekend traffic on the Garden State Parkway, so I'm switching back to Atsion. You're welcome to hike with me.

http://www.njhiking.com/nj-hiking-maps/wharton-state-forest/wharton-batsto-atsion-trail-map.pdf

2.7 miles from Atsion to Beaver Pond/Quaker Bridge Trail (Yellow).
1.7 miles on Beaver Pond/Quaker Bridge Trail (Purple)
1.3 miles on Batona Trail (Pink)
.3 miles to Lower Forge campsite.
Total = 6 miles

I've got your cell phone number so I'll call you with my ETA in case I'm running late.

mychal
07-09-2014, 14:00
I will be in the 9 am group. Is this the same route we'll be taking?

SilvrSurfr
07-09-2014, 14:07
I will be in the 9 am group. Is this the same route we'll be taking?

That's the route I would take. If you're looking for more mileage, you could do yellow, green, pink which would make it 6.8 miles.

mychal
07-09-2014, 14:13
No, I'm actually thinking the opposite. I'll have several kids with me, and originally, I was under the impression that it was only half a mile from car to LF. Then last week, I saw references in this thread to 3 ish miles. At this rate, we'll park in Georgia and camp in Maine.

mychal
07-09-2014, 14:20
Ok, I've re-read the posts in this thread that I was mis-remembering. I think I've got it worked out. My 9 am choices seem to be this: 1) meet at Atsion Ranger Station and hike in with the 9 am group (~6 miles). 2) meet at Atsion Ranger Station to check in, then drive to the sherpa drop-off point with my AWD Pacifica (some risk with this psudeo-4WD), and hiking in half a mile or so.

Does that about sum it up?

SilvrSurfr
07-09-2014, 14:36
Ok, I've re-read the posts in this thread that I was mis-remembering. I think I've got it worked out. My 9 am choices seem to be this: 1) meet at Atsion Ranger Station and hike in with the 9 am group (~6 miles). 2) meet at Atsion Ranger Station to check in, then drive to the sherpa drop-off point with my AWD Pacifica (some risk with this psudeo-4WD), and hiking in half a mile or so.

Does that about sum it up?

The only issue is leaving your car at the sherpa drop-off point - not very advisable, in my opinion. I don't think Ratdog intends to leave his vehicle there. He's just dropping stuff off then one of his sherpas takes the car home.

Ratdog
07-09-2014, 14:47
Mychal, you going in at 9am?
How many kids?

I've got Tundra double cab but It's the older model. 3 will fit in the back, 4 if they squeeze.

It's a 20-30 min drive back into the woods from the Atsion Park Office and a 10 min walk to camp.

mychal
07-09-2014, 15:16
3 kids. We're discussing this tonight and I'll let you know by morning. My kids can handle the hike, but I'm worried about them carrying their packs.

SilvrSurfr
07-09-2014, 15:24
While six miles is not a long hike, on particularly hot days I've been known to break this hike up with swim breaks. There's a bridge a couple of miles from Atsion where you can take a refreshing dip, and then you can take another dip at Quaker Bridge. The cool waters of the Mullica are very invigorating!

SilvrSurfr
07-09-2014, 16:56
Saturday weather looks excellent - high 84, low 64. Keep in mind that it's usually 10 degrees colder out in the piney woods so expect lows of 54.

Wilson
07-09-2014, 18:42
Saturday weather looks excellent - high 84, low 64. Keep in mind that it's usually 10 degrees colder out in the piney woods so expect lows of 54.

Temps in the piney woods. This bit taken from backpacker.com....Temperatures in the region can be extreme. If summer temperatures in Philadelphia are in the 90s, the Pine Barrens could be in the 100s. And when Philly temperatures are in the 50s, the Pine Barrens can dip below freezing. In winter, the flat landscape allows cold pockets and the sand doesn't hold much heat. The only time frost has not been seen in the Pine Barrens is July.

And the reason why.....http://www.wdtb.noaa.gov/courses/winterawoc/microclimates/DIX/IC43e_DIX_NJ_Pine_Barrens_GregHeavener.pdf

SilvrSurfr
07-09-2014, 19:12
Luckily I've never seen the Pine Barrens hotter than the surrounding areas, though I will vouch for the enhanced cooling. One year at the Winter Hang the weather forecast said 18 degrees for Hammonton. When I arrived at Batona camp at 6 pm, it was 13 degrees, and the low that night was 3 degrees.

The Tree Frog
07-09-2014, 19:23
At the moment, I am a 9 or 10 AM Saturday at Atsion hiker. Can we collect into one post who is the AM shift, who is the noon shift and who needs Sherpa help? We all know Jshep isFriday and wants company. That way we can plan to meet up. Unless everyone wants to wing it.

If we wing it, any AM shift want to hike with me around 9:30-10:00?

Wilson
07-09-2014, 19:24
Luckily I've never seen the Pine Barrens hotter than the surrounding areas, though I will vouch for the enhanced cooling. One year at the Winter Hang the weather forecast said 18 degrees for Hammonton. When I arrived at Batona camp at 6 pm, it was 13 degrees, and the low that night was 3 degrees.

Yeah, it gets mighty cold down there. Years ago I tent camped at Buttonwood. Woke up in the morning and the radio said 0 degrees in Philly so i'm guessing it was -5 to -10 maybe more. It was pretty uncomfortable trying to sleep with beer in my sleeping bag. :lol:

Wilson
07-09-2014, 19:43
At the moment, I am a 9 or 10 AM Saturday at Atsion hiker. Can we collect into one post who is the AM shift, who is the noon shift and who needs Sherpa help? We all know Jshep isFriday and wants company. That way we can plan to meet up. Unless everyone wants to wing it.

I'm with you on the AM shift. I plan on arriving at Atsion around 9AM and hiking in with the rest of y'all. I may make a stop at the Entenmann's Bakery Outlet on the way...Yum-O. I'll make room in my pack!:boggle:

Crumb Coffee Cake anyone?

aircoder
07-09-2014, 20:04
Im getting there between 9 am and 9:30a, and heading out about 10am from the Atsion office. Would love to hike out as a group, Cannot promise i'll be in a good mood that early but nothing a few cups of coffee can't fix.

The Tree Frog
07-09-2014, 20:47
Sounds good. We all get there by 9:30 and outta there no later than 10:00AM.

All are welcome. Oh yea, crumb cake is welcome too Wilson!

Jshep420
07-09-2014, 21:51
Okay. So (as u may know) not a big fan of hiking out 6 miles by myself and staying in areas that I don't know well. So I made his decision for myself and I canceled Friday night at lower Forge and transferred my spot over to Hawkins bridge site number four. Which means I will be hiking in with everybody on Saturday morning also. Still have space available of course for Friday night. And I still have two sites I lower Forge for Saturday 7,8. For anybody who's interested the offer still stands for Friday night. Very excited!!

Jshep420
07-09-2014, 22:06
http://youtu.be/UmH2ZGAUUkw

Live is always better!!

mychal
07-09-2014, 22:16
Ok, Ratdog, we decided to give the hike a try. I'll carry a bunch of my daughter's stuff, just in case. We'll be in the 9 am group, too. So no sherpa-ing needed. Thanks!

My kids are anxious to help schlep stuff from your truck to the camp site, though. I'll bring a couple bundles of wood to throw in your truck.

Ratdog
07-09-2014, 22:51
Well, just to keep things interesting, as of 30 mins ago, I have learned both of my nephews are celebrating their 8th birdthday Saturday. And everyone is down the shore Sunday.

So...

Probably no kids with me, maybe one 12 yr old, but I doubt it.

My older nephews & his buds are, well who knows, the just graduated HS and are chasing girls and going to the beach. I wouldn't choose camping if I were them.

I'm thinking I will drive into the woods Sat AM and drop a cache of wood.
Nixon's for a breakfast sandwich, meet you folks at Atsion, drive in, drive out.

If I can't locate a sherpa, I may actually have to walk in :scared: possibly a night hike! :lol:

SilvrSurfr
07-10-2014, 00:50
If I can't locate a sherpa, I may actually have to walk in :scared: possibly a night hike! :lol:

NIGHT HIKE!!!!

It's not sane.

You know I'd like to keep my cheeks dry today.
so stay with me and I'll have it made.

And I don't understand why I sleep all day
And I start to complain that there's no rain.

3qVPNONdF58

Learn the lyrics - know the lyrics. This is your song, Ratdog. OWN IT!!

http://www.metrolyrics.com/no-rain-lyrics-blind-melon.html

SilvrSurfr
07-10-2014, 01:37
Said if you see my red rooster
Send him home
I aint had no peace in the barnyard
Since my red rooster's been gone

Everybody should be able to sing this song. Even if you can't sing.

vtCqsaG0oRE

http://www.stlyrics.com/songs/s/samcooke5349/littleredrooster223415.html

Kind of reminds me of that King Missile song:

PYwiwbgMusY

The Tree Frog
07-10-2014, 19:48

Atsion by 9:00 Sherpa in and out of camp...need to walk back in....why night hike. Going home for a while?

Ratdog
07-10-2014, 20:19
Atsion by 9:00 Sherpa in and out of camp...need to walk back in....why night hike. Going home for a while?
Yep, two of my nephews are turning 8 and I want to be at the gathering long enough to deliver some camping gear. Making the boys hammock pillows and tarps.

I enjoy a solo walk at night in the Pines, though this one may be more of a dusk thing.

silentorpheus
07-10-2014, 21:12
Yep, two of my nephews are turning 8 and I want to be at the gathering long enough to deliver some camping gear. Making the boys hammock pillows and tarps.

I enjoy a solo walk at night in the Pines, though this one may be more of a dusk thing.

Aw man, I'm gonna miss seeing Ratdog hike the 6 miles into Lower Forge? :shades:

SilvrSurfr
07-10-2014, 21:29
Aw man, I'm gonna miss seeing Ratdog hike the 6 miles into Lower Forge? :shades:

It needs to be filmed and documented.

silentorpheus
07-10-2014, 21:32

Agreed. :thumbup:

Ratdog
07-10-2014, 21:39
What? And chew up my cellphone battery? What if I have to phone in for help because I'm lost? Then hold my position while they come rescue me??

Tell you one thing, if I have to walk it's not gonna be 6 miles, I'm taking the shortcut. ;)

SilvrSurfr
07-10-2014, 21:45
Tell you one thing, if I have to walk it's not gonna be 6 miles, I'm taking the shortcut. ;)

I assume that involves fording a river at some point?

Ratdog
07-10-2014, 22:01
I assume that involves fording a river at some point?
That works if it's hot enough. I was thinking more of the RR to Hay/OLF Rd. Though bushwhacking across the island could work.

aircoder
07-10-2014, 22:09
We really don't need another blair witch project movie the first one was terrible as it was.

mychal
07-10-2014, 22:16
It wasn't a movie. It really happened.

SilvrSurfr
07-10-2014, 22:26
Not everyone is as confident in their singing abilities as you and Silent O.

SilentOrpheus has a music degree - he sings classical music in churches and such. He can sing, but is reluctant to do so 'cause he usually gets paid. It's his job. Probably takes the fun out of it.

I actually didn't sing much for 40 years - just started again when hanging with SilentOrpheus - it's more comedy to me than actual singing - more of a goof than an attempt to sound melodious. I've actually never heard my own voice so I have no idea if I sound good or not - don't really care! Just having fun!

aircoder
07-11-2014, 07:13
You sounds like Liberace with testosterone. :lol:

SilentOrpheus has a music degree - he sings classical music in churches and such. He can sing, but is reluctant to do so 'cause he usually gets paid. It's his job. Probably takes the fun out of it.

I actually didn't sing much for 40 years - just started again when hanging with SilentOrpheus - it's more comedy to me than actual singing - more of a goof than an attempt to sound melodious. I've actually never heard my own voice so I have no idea if I sound good or not - don't really care! Just having fun!

Wilson
07-11-2014, 08:08
T-minus 24 hrs and counting.....Hi Ho, Hi Ho.....to Lower Forge we go! ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♭ ♮ ♯ .

Temps got bumped up a little. Don't forget the cotton swim gear! :lol:

The Tree Frog
07-11-2014, 08:56

You both sound good and it does add to the fun....of a NIGHT HIKE!

The Tree Frog
07-11-2014, 08:57
T-minus 24 hrs and counting.....Hi Ho, Hi Ho.....to Lower Forge we go! ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♭ ♮ ♯ .

Temps got bumped up a little. Don't forget the cotton swim gear! :lol:

And thongs and kilts.

perrito
07-11-2014, 12:02
There were no thongs in Braveheart. Just sayin'.

mychal
07-11-2014, 12:05
True story: they were air brushed out of the mooning scene.

Wilson
07-11-2014, 13:00
There were no thongs in Braveheart. Just sayin'.

Speaking of Braveheart...

http://youtu.be/dl7CLaZFG1c

The Tree Frog
07-11-2014, 17:21
T minus....oh whatever. See y'all tomorrow. Looking forward to it!

My pack weighs 20 pounds with food. Everything but water. How about you?

mychal
07-11-2014, 17:24
My scale weighs 20 pounds. That's an estimate, cuz I don't have a scale to weigh it with.

Jshep420
07-11-2014, 17:26
I'm here at goshen! I'll be hiking in tomorrow with u guys. See u then!

The Tree Frog
07-11-2014, 18:46
I'm here at goshen! I'll be hiking in tomorrow with u guys. See u then!

Goshen Pond is nice. A lot of loud frogs!

Are you meeting at Atsion with the 9-10am group?

Jshep420
07-11-2014, 19:03
Yup. I'll be there. Had some issues with signing in the other spot. I got both sites on the same ced card. Then I used mo's name. Not knowing we needed his license. So now I need someone with an ID to put there name on the spot. It already paid for. And I still have my spot. It can be fixed I just need a co signer

The Tree Frog
07-11-2014, 19:05
Yup. I'll be there. Had some issues with signing in the other spot. I got both sites on the same ced card. Then I used mo's name. Not knowing we needed his license. So now I need someone with an ID to put there name on the spot. It already paid for. And I still have my spot. It can be fixed I just need a co signer

We have a couple companion hangers with us I think. We should be able to work it out.

Ratdog
07-11-2014, 19:07
Goshen... Enjoy the drag races. When you hear the jet engine, that's the last race of the night. The funny sounding frog is the Pine Barrens frog. And of course that whippoorwill is gonna show up.

Ratdog
07-11-2014, 19:08
Remember there is no water at Lower Forge. You will have to filter. Several of us will bring filtration systems.

Jshep420
07-11-2014, 19:09
Ok. Thanks!!

The Tree Frog
07-11-2014, 19:13
Remember there is no water at Lower Forge. You will have to filter. Several of us will bring filtration systems.

I have an MSR filter, it's a little heavy. I also have a new Life Straw to try out. And just in case, I always carry the tablets though I've never used them.

mychal
07-11-2014, 19:15
I'll have 2 Sawyer minis to share.

SilvrSurfr
07-11-2014, 20:15
Almost done with my new King Crimson silnylon tarp. Just sewed on the tie-outs (with Dutch Titanium D-Rings) , and hung it in the back yard for a quick look-see. There was a nick, not even a tear, in the fabric, but I went overboard and applied a 3" x 7" patch. Just waiting on the Sil-Net to dry and it'll be ready to pack up for its virgin voyage, along with a Crimson (maybe red) tablecloth hammock so I'll be totally styling.

Geez, I learned a lot about sewing in general, and silnylon specifically. For a first try, I'm pretty satisfied (or will be once I know it's waterproof - didn't have time for the backyard hose test). Now I'm gonna have to make another sil tarp just to apply all I learned and do a better job. My seams didn't come out half-bad, but I struggled with the squares and x-patterns to sew on the grosgrain reinforcements. They look like crap. And my 1/4" hem is a bit dodgy but the tarp looks really nice (except for the patch). And if you're thinking of pinning the 1/4" hem, forget it. It can't be done - have to go free-style or nothing.

Oh, and if you ever decide to order Dutch Ti D-Rings, they seem to come in an odd size, half-inch. I went to Jo-Ann Fabric and they had every size of grosgrain except half-inch, 1/4, 3/8, 5/8, 3/4, 7/8, but no half inch. I decided to go with the 5/8" grosgrain.

The Tree Frog
07-11-2014, 20:29
Almost done with my new King Crimson silnylon tarp. Just sewed on the tie-outs (with Dutch Titanium D-Rings) , and hung it in the back yard for a quick look-see. There was a nick, not even a tear, in the fabric, but I went overboard and applied a 3" x 7" patch. Just waiting on the Sil-Net to dry and it'll be ready to pack up for its virgin voyage, along with a Crimson (maybe red) tablecloth hammock so I'll be totally styling.

Geez, I learned a lot about sewing in general, and silnylon specifically. For a first try, I'm pretty satisfied (or will be once I know it's waterproof - didn't have time for the backyard hose test). Now I'm gonna have to make another sil tarp just to apply all I learned and do a better job. My seams didn't come out half-bad, but I struggled with the squares and x-patterns to sew on the grosgrain reinforcements. They look like crap. And my 1/4" hem is a bit dodgy but the tarp looks really nice (except for the patch). And if you're thinking of pinning the 1/4" hem, forget it. It can't be done - have to go free-style or nothing.

Oh, and if you ever decide to order Dutch Ti D-Rings, they seem to come in an odd size, half-inch. I went to Jo-Ann Fabric and they had every size of grosgrain except half-inch, 1/4, 3/8, 5/8, 3/4, 7/8, but no half inch. I decided to go with the 5/8" grosgrain.

I don't think I would ever have the time or patience to make my own gear. I give you credit. Just one question fashionista, does my butt look fat in this tarp?!

SilvrSurfr
07-11-2014, 20:33
I don't think I would ever have the time or patience to make my own gear. I give you credit. Just one question fashionista, does my butt look fat in this tarp?!

I downloaded the Singer manual for my sewing machine (1950's model?) and it's so darned sexist. "Hello, lady! Read this manual and you'll be sewing in no time and impressing your husband with what a good wife you are!"

The Tree Frog
07-11-2014, 20:35
I downloaded the Singer manual for my sewing machine (1950's model?) and it's so darned sexist. "Hello, lady! Read this manual and you'll be sewing in no time and impressing your husband with what a good wife you are!"

Wow! Are serious? That's crazy. You should write to them and ask for an apology. All DIY guys should sign the letter.

Ratdog
07-11-2014, 20:40
My red silnylon just arrived today, won't be ready for tomorrow. I really like the deep red color, much better than I had expected. Seems like good stuff, solid coating.

Little G has claimed the material for his tarp and his birthday is next week, though it is one of the celebrations tomorrow.

silentorpheus
07-11-2014, 21:09
I remember seeing you snag some red sil, Ratdog. Had no idea that SS grabbed some too - is this the Argon sil, or something different.

Oh, and SS - you're better off getting grosgrain from some place like OWF or Quest, or even DIYgearsupply. Much higher quality and better choice of widths than Jo-anns.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Wilson
07-11-2014, 22:00
All packed up. I'm afraid to weigh my pack...haha! I'll see some of you guys at Atsion (9 AM) in the morning. I'll have some Entenmann's goodies if interested. :)

SilvrSurfr
07-11-2014, 22:09
Oh, and SS - you're better off getting grosgrain from some place like OWF or Quest, or even DIYgearsupply. Much higher quality and better choice of widths than Jo-anns.

Yeah, well, I imposed a deadline for tarp completion and it was this weekend. So I had to make do. If I didn't impose a deadline I would never have gotten done. DIYGearSupply out of D-Rings? No problem; I ordered Dutch Ti D-Rings 'cause they ship fast.

This was my first serious DIY project so it was more of a learning experience. This tarp is kinda crappy but I'm sure it will provide years of weather protection and enjoyment.

silentorpheus
07-11-2014, 22:14
Yeah, well, I imposed a deadline for tarp completion and it was this weekend. So I had to make do. If I didn't impose a deadline I would never have gotten done. DIYGearSupply out of D-Rings? No problem; I ordered Dutch Ti D-Rings 'cause they ship fast.

This was my first serious DIY project so it was more of a learning experience. This tarp is kinda crappy but I'm sure it will provide years of weather protection and enjoyment.

As long as it sheds water, it can't be worse than your GG or FF.

mychal
07-11-2014, 22:37
They have a companion manual for the Singer Thread Injector that is less offensive.

Ratdog
07-11-2014, 22:43
Just finished one of the pillows for tomorrow's party for the 8 yr olds. Had to add some extra stuffing, do not enjoy ripping seams. Now to head home and pack. Will be at Atsion closer to 9:30.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/12/yzuqu8eb.jpg

Ratdog
07-11-2014, 23:24
I remember seeing you snag some red sil, Ratdog. Had no idea that SS grabbed some too - is this the Argon sil, or something different.

The red I picked up is Argon Sil from Dutch, pretty sweet stuff.

mychal
07-12-2014, 05:26
Just finished one of the pillows for tomorrow's party for the 8 yr olds. Had to add some extra stuffing, do not enjoy ripping seams. Now to head home and pack. Will be at Atsion closer to 9:30.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/12/yzuqu8eb.jpg

Bong or lightsabre, Ratdog?

mychal
07-12-2014, 05:27
Anybody there yet? Just trying to print my pre-registration for Lower Forge, and doing a Hammock Forum drive-by. See y'all in a few hours.

Ratdog
07-12-2014, 07:05
Bong or lightsabre, Ratdog?

Lightsaber, cuts the fabric and welds the edges. Better than a hot knife.

Deadphans
07-12-2014, 08:39
Enjoy the day folks. Wish I could join ya but I am about to drink all my bosses beer! Cheers!

Bong or lightsaber, rofl. Why not both!? Is that the carb or the activator button!?!?!?! ;)

njredneck
07-12-2014, 08:40
I'm looking at a noon start at Atsion. See you in camp.

SilvrSurfr
07-12-2014, 09:12
I'm looking at a noon start at Atsion. See you in camp.

Aiming for the same or thereabouts.

Ratdog
07-12-2014, 09:14
First group just left. I'm headed to camp to drop wood cache.

Ratdog
07-12-2014, 11:07
Finished up cache drops. Hanging at the office for a few. See if I can run into you guys.

njredneck
07-12-2014, 11:12
Should be there in 10

mychal
07-13-2014, 14:34
Excellent first group hang for myself and my kids. Thanks for everybody's support this weekend!

Now, who's got enough energy to put up the initial trip report? Not me, and not with the WC on!

Jshep420
07-13-2014, 14:44
Awesome time!!!

mattyoc20
07-13-2014, 18:56
Awesome time!!!

Wheres NJRedneck in this pic?? We are hanging out at his setup after all.

Jshep420
07-13-2014, 21:16
He in the next pic! I'll start a trip review probably tomorrow unless someone else does!

Jshep420
07-13-2014, 21:18
Here's some in the mean time.894028940389404

The Tree Frog
07-13-2014, 21:34
He in the next pic! I'll start a trip review probably tomorrow unless someone else does!

Silvr already started one. Search new. I have some pics too.....

SilvrSurfr
07-13-2014, 21:55
here:

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?96018-NJ-gt-Lower-Forge-gt-7-12-14-gt-1st-Annual-GSHDANJ-Blueberry-Hang-Trip-Report