PDA

View Full Version : pads in the bb? pics?

spidennis
07-17-2009, 21:15
I haven't seen any pics with a pad in the blackbird. Is this a side or front entry for the pad? boy, pics would be nice .....

Red Hat
07-18-2009, 10:02
I don't have pics, but the front has two long slots between the layers along the zipper and is attached in the middle. I stuff my pad inbetween the layers and straighten it out from each side. Wish I were down there in South Padre Island....

spidennis
07-18-2009, 13:08
no you don't! It's hot and humid, but it's not 102 like you got going ..... but you'd really rather be where I'm presently at, upstate ny, where they have outdoor air conditioning, it's only about 70 ish right now. cool huh? I'll send pics!

texron
07-18-2009, 13:26
The last pic is my hand through the center piece, showing that it's not just ONE big opening. I left my Thermarest basecamp sticking out so you could see the opening a little better. The third picture shows how the opening does NOT go all the way to the head likewise at the feet. My thermarest is huge and I had no problem placing it in the slotted opening.
Hope this helps. I actually think I like the hang with my pad in there.

I'm in Denton and I agree, it's stinkin' hot lately, it's sad when they say 95 degrees is cooling off.

warbonnetguy
07-18-2009, 15:20
yes, 2 openings, one big one to put the pad in (about 4'+), and another small one (about 2') so the corner of the pad sticks out, this way you have access to the air valve or if you need to grab the corner of the pad and yank it around a little you can. the pad pocket however is the full size of the hammock's bed fabric (roughly 64"x 117")