PDA

View Full Version : DIY Gear Supply

jaegersapper
07-28-2014, 07:55
Just wanted to report on some outstanding service.

I ordered some fabric and supplies for my first DIY Tarp. Great shipping, but I had a few questions.

Scott replied quickly and got be pointed down the right trail.

hk2001
07-28-2014, 08:21
Scott is one of those vendors that will move mountains for you to help. He's added and removed items from my orders at the last minute, per my requests. He's had an order on my doorstep within 48 hours of me pressing the "checkout" button when I had a rush job. Any question about any project that i couldn't find myself, he was there to help.

I need to make another order soon.. my hardware stocks are running low.

Oh.. and the $0.75 whistle (http://diygearsupply.com/product/aquamarine-whistle/), is amazing.

miyanc
07-28-2014, 09:15
I just ordered a bunch of stuff from a few different venders and I had zero worries about the order. Everything I have ever ordered has been spot on and done quickly. Companies like DIY and dutch and many others should use this as the standard.

I am thinking of lining up some materials to make myself a custom DIY hammock. I will be purchasing again real soon.

kerryandjane
07-28-2014, 11:19
I just ordered some tubular webbing off them. I'm with you, the guy's a legend.
I made 2 separate orders pretty much an hour apart a few months ago. I didn't want to bother them to combine shipping the amount was insignificant in the grand scale.... but Scott refunded the difference without hesitating, acknowledging it to me. Hard to come by this type of guy where I am in a "face to face", "brick and mortar" store let alone the faceless internet. It's just great.

stevebo
07-28-2014, 11:46
Yeah, Scotts pretty cool! A few years ago I ordered some 1.9 ripstop --------to make a long story short, he accidently sent me some 1.1. We exchanged a few emails, got it all sorted out and he made it right---sent me the correct fabric and told me to keep the fabric that was sent in error!

MAD777
07-28-2014, 11:59
I'll just pile on here and state that Scott has given me top notch service for years! That includes things like shipping adjustments.

IMO, the hammock community owes Scott a debt of gratitude for jumping out in the early days of HF and putting together all the supplies needed for hammocking in one stop. All the while offering a wide variety at great prices and fast service! You can even get what you need to build a backpack for your hammock.

And lastly, he doesn't just send you the materials and say, "Here, go have fun." His website is DIY instruction heaven. Countless hangers have taken on a DIY project that they may not have if Scott hadn't made it so easy!

boulderv7
07-31-2014, 19:23
Gotta second all of this. Scott is the man. My first choice always for diy.