PDA

View Full Version : Idaho - Sawtooth Mountains - August 22,23,24 Idaho hang Preview Hike

pgibson
08-06-2014, 21:11
Hey All. Headed up to the Sawtooths on August 22 for a little preview hike to check some trail conditions and fishing along part of the route that we are going to be hitting on the 5th Idaho Hang. I will drive up early on the 22nd, hike in about 5-6 miles and spend Friday night camped along a lake full of Cutthroat and Greyling. Saturday I plan to hike up and over a ridge on a good 4-5 mile round trip day hike to explore the next basin over and the fishing in the 3-4 lakes in it and then return over the same route to camp. Sunday AM will be hiking out after breakfast and then possibly lunch at one of the local burger places.

Anyone and everyone is welcome to join. I might have my dog along, might not, have not decided.

Pitch
08-07-2014, 16:15
Wish I could tag along - just can't make the time unfortunately. Been such a long time since I've gotten out it saddens me. Take some pictures and catch a nice cutty for me ;)

Please let me know if you're ever hiking up near CDA!

Best wishes,

George

pgibson
08-07-2014, 16:38
Hey X, long time, great to see you back here. I'll holler if I make it up that way....34 years born and raised in Id and I have only made it as far North as Moscow. :( Need to head further that way though, I know it's beautiful.

sr1355
08-11-2014, 20:20
If only it wasn't such a LOOONNGGGGG drive I'd be there in a heart beat....