PDA

View Full Version : "Mark Messages Read" Button Disappeared

Bug-Bait
07-31-2009, 08:28
It seems that the button near the top of my screen that says "Mark all Messages Read" has disappeared from my screen. Does anyone know what I've done to make that happen...and how can I get it back? Thanks!!!

texron
07-31-2009, 08:40
It seems that the button near the top of my screen that says "Mark all Messages Read" has disappeared from my screen. Does anyone know what I've done to make that happen...and how can I get it back? Thanks!!!

Mines gone also.

rhjanes
07-31-2009, 08:42
click on "quick links", a drop down shows, it's on there.

angrysparrow
07-31-2009, 08:52
Attroll had a habit of mis-clicking it and messing himself up. He removed it out of frustration.

Just like rhjanes said, the same function is available on the quick links dropdown.

Cannibal
07-31-2009, 08:56
Attroll had a habit of mis-clicking it and messing himself up. He removed it out of frustration.
Best kind of full disclosure is the funny kind. :lol:

attroll
07-31-2009, 09:00
I was not the only one. Someone else complained about doing it just last week. I cannot remember who it was but really someone else did it.

I also figured since it was already in the Quick Links there was not need to have it in two places.

angrysparrow
07-31-2009, 09:06
I was not the only one. Someone else complained about doing it just last week. I cannot remember who it was but really someone else did it.

It was here (http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9668).

Bug-Bait
07-31-2009, 09:11
Thanks!! I'm so used to screwing things up on my computer that I thought that I did it lol.

Cannibal
07-31-2009, 09:12
Not me!
Nope, never done that.
Not even once. ;):D

Darby
07-31-2009, 10:00
It was here (http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9668).

Man, did I get snitched on or what ? :lol:

angrysparrow
07-31-2009, 10:01
Man, did I get snitched on or what ? :lol:

:D No offense..

Darby
07-31-2009, 10:02
None taken :D

stormcrow
07-31-2009, 10:35
I just saw that the "Todays posts" button was gone (it had just slid over) and was starting to be a little sad. I usually hit that that one or the "New Posts" button. I have never accidentally hit the "Mark Messages Read" button though.

slowhike
07-31-2009, 16:35
I think it was earlier this year that (for the first time) I used the "Mark all Messages Read" button. Yeah, I did it knowingly, but I didn't want to.
I even discussed it w/ AngrySparrow first:(
Up until that point, I had been able to at least "scan" all the threads... but not now<G>.

archerm122
07-31-2009, 18:28
I've almost hit it accidently a few times, but never went through with it.

Frawg
07-31-2009, 18:42
You can make a button by dragging the "Mark Forums Read" link from the 'Quick Links' submenu above to the Links toolbar of your browser. Or Copy & Paste, or whatever your browser demands. Takes up some real estate on your browser, but gives you the effect of a button.

rhjanes
08-03-2009, 08:58
AND, if you were the one who "accidentally" hit the "mark all forums" (no, I've NEVER done that, I mean it...never...not once....), then you have to kick the brain and remember that on the "quick links" is also a "show TODAY's post", which will show them even if they ARE marked (for you) all ready read...

Not that I've ever had to do that. Ever. I mean it. I almost forgot about it... really.

amac
08-05-2009, 14:26
I really liked that "Mark Forums Read" link. I know I can make a bookmark for it, but between my two jobs and home, I would much prefer to have the link on the page. Can we please have it back?

Cannibal
08-05-2009, 14:31
I really liked that "Mark Forums Read" link. I know I can make a bookmark for it, but between my two jobs and home, I would much prefer to have the link on the page. Can we please have it back?
I still miss it too, but it doesn't take long to get used to clicking Quick Links and then Mark All Forums. Two clicks instead of one, but still just as quick and easy.
Course, I wouldn't complain if it came back. :)

angrysparrow
08-05-2009, 18:48
I would much prefer to have the link on the page. Can we please have it back?

I can see this being a problem if the feature were missing entirely...but it's one click away on the Quick Links menu...

amac
08-31-2009, 05:21
I found a quick fix that works for this and some other forums. Create a bookmark and paste the following in as the URL. The one bookmark will mark all threads as "read" for this and two other forums I am a member of. I would prefer to have the link back, but since this is a multi-use bookmark, I guess that makes it ok. It will work on the forum site that you are looking at, not all sites at once.

javascript:location.href="forumdisplay.php?do=markread"

EDIT: Hhmmm, there's a space appearing between the words "mark" and "read" after I save. When you copy/paste, remove that space.

Dutch
10-28-2009, 14:09
I just got use to the button being gone and it reappearred. Now when I hit the top right tab I don't go into Today's Post, I lose track of what I read. It's ok though b/c I really should go back over all theo posts I was too lazy to read in the first place.

rhjanes
10-28-2009, 15:36
you can also do "show today's post" and at least know what is active.

Frawg
11-14-2009, 13:27
I just got use to the button being gone and it reappearred. Now when I hit the top right tab I don't go into Today's Post, I lose track of what I read. It's ok though b/c I really should go back over all theo posts I was too lazy to read in the first place.

I'm a slow one... just noticed it was back yesterday and came here to see what changed. I like it. Hope you don't lose track if too many posts, Dutch. :)

Dutch
11-14-2009, 13:41
I use to it now.

amac
11-18-2009, 08:17
I just noticed this morning that the "Mark All Forums Read" link is back. Thank you.