PDA

View Full Version : hang spot San diego

geoffrey
08-29-2014, 14:47
Hi. I'm looking for place to hang 2 nites San Diego ..anyone out there know of good spot? Thanks!

Thunder Adventure Co
09-05-2014, 10:11
I don't know of anything personally, but I found this thread mentioning a couple of spots (https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?77301-CA-gt-San-Diego-Del-Mar-gt-Day-hike-ideas)

counts
09-16-2014, 16:10
There are many spots in the county of SD as far as dispersed camping goes, It just depends on how far you want to hike and if you are apposed to hiking in the heat. Hopefully this is what you are looking for. : )

I just got back from Mount Laguna. You need a wilderness permit and have to camp outside of the recreation area/private land. There are trees, tho sort of hard to find a good spot as the certain spots are fire damaged. There is also lots of chaparral so it can be hard to get to certain clusters of trees. I won't lie, we were scrambling to find a spot before the night set in but this was after an all day hike and first time in this location. The views were amazing along the pct!

Last month I hiked to barker valley via palomar divide truck trail. It is awesome in the valley! It's very hot (no tree cover) until you get into the valley. You can drive up to the trail spur in a truck, a low clearance car might work for a bit but I wouldn't risk going too far. The truck trail to the spur is 8mi, and the spur being 3.1mi.

Palomar mountain has other good spots too, Tho I am still need to check them out. Th

Gearspoke
09-20-2014, 15:28
Oceanside is really nice! However, if you're up for a little drive (about an hour north) I highly recommend staying at the beaches of San Onofre. Trestles is a really nice beach and it's pretty remote.