PDA

View Full Version : Mixed emotions...

itsandy
09-04-2014, 16:36
My Flight Jacket arrived and I have been fondling it for two days now... I am very happy to have it and so ready to use it. This thing is fantastic. I just wish the temps would drop a bit. We can't seem to get below the 90's during the day and upper 70's at night! Ugh! Now my buddy is not so willing to let me camp in the walk in cooler. I need a trip north! C'mon cooler weather! Maybe a fall color tour is in order this year! Thanks for the great work!

MDSH
09-04-2014, 16:53
I hear you. Ordered a Travelsmith microfleece vest with 15 pockets! I've wanted one for years.

RedStix
09-04-2014, 17:04
Agreed. I just got my new Jarbidge 3-season underquilt and probably won't need it until November...

Bic
09-04-2014, 20:44
looking forward to our weather this weekend here.... it's supposed to be in the mid to high 60's for highs! too bad I can't get out to camp this weekend!

Enobuffalo
09-07-2014, 07:48
I hear ya! Just used my 20* Flight Jacket last weekend and I don't think it got below 60 at night. I had it only half way on but it was cozy. Top quilt / underquilt is definitely the setup for hammock sleeping. After recently completing the setup, I wonder to myself why I just didn't start that way.

Alamosa
09-07-2014, 10:46
[QUOTE=itsandy;1317380... We can't seem to get below the 90's during the day and upper 70's at night! ...[/QUOTE]

Had to re-read that one to be sure I saw the temps correctly. Especially since I had to break out the scraper to clean the frost off the windshielv before going to work on Friday.

2ply
09-07-2014, 11:57
Picked up some great deals on last seasons winter gear. Down vest, compression jacket and hard shell top all for 50 to 65% off last years prices. I can't use them for a few more months but I'm looking forward to some much colder weather.

IRONFISH45
09-07-2014, 15:11
Ah, Alamosa, I just talked to the fellow who manages my property in B.C. He was complaining about the wet snow, we always have a big wet storm just at the end of August, normally it melts and then we have a couple of weeks of Fall before Freeze Up. My cousin in Bozeman was just wishing she could retire so she could move where she does not have to scrape her windshield. LOL

Amazing how we all live in the same country, however our weather is totally different. Been nice and warm in NorthWest Oregon, just the way I like it, no rain, well two days in a row without rain.

Glad to know I am not the only one who fondles their quilt. I just love my Argon quilt. I like it so much I am going to acquire one for my bed at home.

Guitarman
09-07-2014, 16:07
I feel your pain, Andy. I picked up a Jarbidge during the sale. All I can do is just look forward to cooler nights ahead. I'll be headed north in about three weeks for a hang in s.c. then on up for some picking gigs in the Gatlinburg area, then to the mountains near Asheville, n.c. I'm ready to leave south ga. and this oppressive heat, for several weeks.

f1prb22
09-08-2014, 16:11
Just got back from two weeks in Glacier National Park. A couple of nights that were either cold or windy or both, really tested the UGQ to limits that I could not while situated down here in GA.

Gumbo
09-09-2014, 17:14
I feel your pain Andy. Timberrr and I are heading out later this month for a hang at hidden pond. I am bringing the new Ambush underquilt knowing that its overkill for temps that will not dip below 70 degrees. I'm am going to offset the temp by not bringing a TQ at all, just a sleepsilk. I expect I will be more than warm enough.

Every time I look at that Ambush UQ I am more and more amazed at the detail in its design. I have never seen anything like it before and the amount of work involved in creating it is evident. Sadly it's the sort of work that really can't be seen unless you look really close. Anyone wanting to get an up close look should come to one of the hangs we will be attending in the next few months. I can think of at least three before the new year and I expect I'll make excuses to do more.

Paul, you really did something special with the Ambush.