PDA

View Full Version : SoCal Hangouts

Aprilstarr
09-17-2014, 00:43
Hi Everyone!

I was wondering if there was an Orange County Hammock campers out there?

Thunder Adventure Co
09-17-2014, 12:23
Welcome to the forum!
I'm in Orange County.
There are several SoCal hammock campers.
The 2nd Annual SoCal Group Hang (https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?82421-SoCal-Hangers-2nd-Annual-Group-Hang!-gt-Cleveland-National-Forest-gt-March-14th-16th-2014) was in the Cleveland National Forest in March 2014.
Such gatherings are great places to meet fellow hangers, learn new things and see different gear.
Keep an eye out for the 3rd.

whoismiketruong
09-22-2014, 15:19
Welcome!!! Check out the next SoCal hangout...planning should be starting up soon.

arczeneb
09-22-2014, 16:24
Welcome!!! Check out the next SoCal hangout...planning should be starting up soon.

My guess would be March 2015 more to follow toward the end of the year.

iRokk
10-04-2014, 13:11
Sorry for my absence, guys! Life got in the way of living for a bit! The good news is it looks like i have converted one of my buddies to the dark side on our fishing day-trips. Every time we go, our friends end up napping in our hammocks, including the "Quagmire" aka "Taffeta Deluxe". So he'd probably be stoked to join us at the next Socal hang. Is Adam planning anything yet?

arczeneb
10-04-2014, 15:01
Is Adam planning anything yet?

This year he started around January till then he lays low. I suspect with the turn out last 2 hangs the Official 3rd Annual SoCal hang might happen.

slbear
10-04-2014, 15:22
Count me in from Carlsbad.

iRokk
10-04-2014, 18:08
Yeah it worked really well this year, so if we did the same thing this year and just had two nights of potluck like we talked about, I think it would be perfect.

arczeneb
10-04-2014, 18:31
When he post the official my thought is desert Friday and potluck Saturday.

WillieCash
10-10-2014, 17:41
Hey guys,

just happened to check in, glad to see everybody up and at 'em as soon as the hang came up.

We've had it around St. Patrick's in years past, I'm assuming that will work this time again. I was thinking Friday 13th-Sun 15th or the 20th-22nd. Pedro, any input from an astrological point of view? If I recall, last year you mentioned a certain weekend would be better for astronomy.

I got kind of chewed up on the site fees last year so I'd like to raise it to $20 per adults, $10 for kids (for both nights... not each night) if that doesn't sound too unreasonable.

I'll make another thread soon but here's what I've been thinking.... Just throwing it out there so you guys can marinate on it and put ideas into the thread I'll post in a few weeks.

We should split up the pot-luck into two nights so we can really dig into the different dishes. In past years there was just too much great food and I would have loved to have been able to sample more of each of it.

I'd like to get a better plan of things to do on Saturday. Friday kind of takes care of itself because everybody is just happy to see each other and BS into the night. The lack of activity on Saturday may have been because the plans were so hit-and-miss last year with the road closures, but I think we can do better. The first year was great with Angus' demo. More stuff like that would be great!

Any other ideas, let me know in the thread coming up but post opinions about the dates below!

Take care,
Addam

WillieCash
10-10-2014, 17:43
Every time we go, our friends end up napping in our hammocks, including the "Quagmire" aka "Taffeta Deluxe"...

My wife was watching a wedding show the other day and they were talking about a taffeta dress and I said "I think it's pronounced "Taff-Etta".... she thinks I'm crazy.

mangus7175
10-13-2014, 19:29
I haven't been active with the group as of late but I will keep an eye on this..hopefully I can get some time-off for the group hang. I can do another demo if I end up going but not really sure what to show.

Triggerhpy
10-24-2014, 03:19
If any one ever wants to come and have a hang up here in Big Bear let me know.

AUTiger
10-28-2014, 14:11
If any one ever wants to come and have a hang up here in Big Bear let me know.

I would be up there every weekend if I didn't have to drive through all the garbage traffic to get up there.

Thunder Adventure Co
10-31-2014, 17:05
Take the 38 out of Redlands. The roads are straighter and there's less traffic. It's a little longer but you get there quicker.

Thunder Adventure Co
11-04-2014, 19:21
I would be up there every weekend if I didn't have to drive through all the garbage traffic to get up there.

Take the 38 out of Redlands. The roads are straighter and there's less traffic. It's a little longer but you get there quicker.

Oh wait, nevermind, it's probably the freeways you're talking about.

Wojo1034
11-13-2014, 00:47
Hello,

I am new to Hammock Camping, in fact I have never been. I ordered a Dream Hammock which should be done soon. Looking forward to learning where to go and how to master hanging!

whoismiketruong
11-13-2014, 15:36
Hello,

I am new to Hammock Camping, in fact I have never been. I ordered a Dream Hammock which should be done soon. Looking forward to learning where to go and how to master hanging!

Welcome!!! Join the fun!!!

arczeneb
11-13-2014, 19:36
Welcome and keep an eye out for SoCal 2015 above Lake Elsinore Cleveland NF a lot of helpful information

jkc107
12-01-2014, 16:49
Count me in!!! I've never been to a group hang before. Sounds awesome :D

OutCold
01-05-2015, 16:47
Hey wait a second... I live in OC too! Sweet a group hang, I would love to meet other hammockers and see some different setups. Ill be trying to make this for sure! Too bad all the gear manufacturers are on the other side of the country...

slbear
01-12-2015, 14:41
Any new ideas if this/when will happen in March? I'm looking forward to meeting some like-minded hangers in SoCal, but my calender is filling up fast. I'm hoping to keep the right weekend open for this event, but haven't seen anything discussed.

Hey guys,

just happened to check in, glad to see everybody up and at 'em as soon as the hang came up.

We've had it around St. Patrick's in years past, I'm assuming that will work this time again. I was thinking Friday 13th-Sun 15th or the 20th-22nd. Pedro, any input from an astrological point of view? If I recall, last year you mentioned a certain weekend would be better for astronomy.

I got kind of chewed up on the site fees last year so I'd like to raise it to $20 per adults, $10 for kids (for both nights... not each night) if that doesn't sound too unreasonable.

I'll make another thread soon but here's what I've been thinking.... Just throwing it out there so you guys can marinate on it and put ideas into the thread I'll post in a few weeks.

We should split up the pot-luck into two nights so we can really dig into the different dishes. In past years there was just too much great food and I would have loved to have been able to sample more of each of it.

I'd like to get a better plan of things to do on Saturday. Friday kind of takes care of itself because everybody is just happy to see each other and BS into the night. The lack of activity on Saturday may have been because the plans were so hit-and-miss last year with the road closures, but I think we can do better. The first year was great with Angus' demo. More stuff like that would be great!

Any other ideas, let me know in the thread coming up but post opinions about the dates below!

Take care,
Addam

arczeneb
01-12-2015, 21:50
If I remember in the past he would post January. Takes time for one to coordinate camping. Reason for the weekend March 20th for those with telescopes. This would be our 3rd SoCal hang.
For me I'm leaving March open.

Oasis
01-12-2015, 22:22
Following this thread :)

WillieCash
02-06-2015, 18:26
Your prayers have been answered...

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php/105600-SoCal-Hangers-3rd-Annual-Group-Hang!-gt-Cleveland-National-Forest-gt-April-2nd-5th-2015