PDA

View Full Version : I always wanted to ride a Zeppelin. NOw I got my own!

Hobopelican
09-19-2014, 11:41
Got my 20F long Zeppelin the other day (one of Paul's and Missy's closeout deals) and have been hanging in it the last couple of nights (in the yard). What a difference! My CBS has been cured!

Now, it's just learning how to adjust it for optimum comfort at different temps! (too bad you can't adjust everything from INSIDE!)

Hobo

Bacon's not the only thing that's cured by hanging from a string. - Hugh Kingsmill

_jstevens2010_
09-20-2014, 07:42
Post a picture so that we can all enjoy or it didn't happen. Lol

tjayblues
09-20-2014, 07:47
+1 on the picture request!

Hobopelican
09-22-2014, 11:07
LOL...I was lazy about the pics. But you're right, pics are needed! I shall put it up again this afternoon....you can never get to much practice, right!

Hobopelican
09-22-2014, 20:49
Did a quick setup to get pics and learned a quicker lesson. Here are the pics.
Not optimum by any means, but I'm still learning.

The lesson? Well, I got the Gnome and Zeppelin setup and put the camera on a tripod and hit the shutter. The shutter on my Cannon only has a 10 sec delay, so I ran to the hammock and tried to quickly get in. A little to quickly. Yeah, I wound up on the ground.:lol: Luckily, I got plenty of padding on that end.

Anyway, I'm now ready for my Northern AZ hang in early Oct. Looking forward to really trying everything out.

tjayblues
09-22-2014, 20:58
Ha! Looks great!

Missy Lou
09-23-2014, 05:06
Lol...funny :)

gnarus8429
09-23-2014, 05:37
Yup just got my 0 degree zeppelin from UGQ a couple of weeks ago. I was pumped set it up in the basement. Fiddled with the suspension a bit and hopped right in. My previous quilt was a jarbidge. It is a great quilt for warmer weather but I really like the suspension on this quilt. While I do not have a technical term for it, it is much more nest like. After sitting in it for about 5 minutes in my 63 degree basement I had to get out it was so warm. I went directly outside and had a talk with mother nature and requested that she bring on winter. So I'm with you great product and top notch service. UGQ solves CBS.

old4hats
09-23-2014, 07:45
You are now in on something good, the UGQ product line. Some of the very best on the market. I sleep on a Zeppelin as well as under a Flight Jacket, so very nice. By the way, I use mine on several different hammocks, one of which is a WBRR, and have perfect warmth on them all. If you are like me, you will never be mad at yourself for buying that UGQ. Hang on!

tbird911
09-27-2014, 17:40
I have a 20 degree zeppelin full length... I ordered the option to mate it with my Dream Hammock! Awesome, never budges!

ckmaui
09-28-2014, 01:00
looks good :) what part of AZ you going to ?
just curious as we tend to go up around flagstaff area some but want to get up further north :)

Did a quick setup to get pics and learned a quicker lesson. Here are the pics.
Not optimum by any means, but I'm still learning.

The lesson? Well, I got the Gnome and Zeppelin setup and put the camera on a tripod and hit the shutter. The shutter on my Cannon only has a 10 sec delay, so I ran to the hammock and tried to quickly get in. A little to quickly. Yeah, I wound up on the ground.:lol: Luckily, I got plenty of padding on that end.

Anyway, I'm now ready for my Northern AZ hang in early Oct. Looking forward to really trying everything out.