PDA

View Full Version : How 'bout Simply Light Designs!

silent chad
10-07-2014, 16:07
I just want to say that I am completely impressed with SLD! Customer service, price, quality, not to mention the level of detail and attention paid to every order. Aside from all that, he makes really great stuff. Why no dedicated place under the cottage vendor forums? :confused:

ckmaui
10-07-2014, 16:17
been covered before once before I read :)
when enough traffic on them they take a look and decide to add them

agree got a TL setup 12 foot DL and WOW the thing is so nice have been sleeping in it every night but one and the thing is very nicely done and got it very quick etc...
more comfy than the 11 foot argon for me and more comfy than my old HH
still want to order a DH and WB and compare just so I know :)

many should IMHO look at these folks as a great option also

michigandave
10-08-2014, 08:48
Thought this needed a bump:

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?95303-Why-no-Simply-Light-Designs-subforum

GoatHanger
10-08-2014, 09:55
Yep, SLD is good stuff. Jared is great.

I really like my Trail Lair.

silent chad
10-08-2014, 15:17
Just ordered a full length Quick Hang underquilt ( and a few other things ).... shipped in a few hours! Wow:cool:

Firesong
10-08-2014, 16:21
I'm luvin my quick hang

mychal
10-08-2014, 21:18
I have 2 Quik Hangs. Those things rock.

ckmaui
10-09-2014, 00:47
how low of temps have you had them and any other details ?
wearing what and top quilt etc.. would be awesome :)

thanks

I have 2 Quik Hangs. Those things rock.

mayhemkb
10-10-2014, 12:18
I have nothing but great things to say about Jared. He is attentive, quick and has great build quality. Simple as that.

mychal
10-10-2014, 12:41
how low of temps have you had them and any other details ?
wearing what and top quilt etc.. would be awesome :)

thanks
The lowest I've used them is high 40's. Very nice at that temp. I'm taking them to MAHHA in a few hours, so maybe a chance to go a little lower tonight.

mychal
10-14-2014, 17:25
The lowest I've used them is high 40's. Very nice at that temp. I'm taking them to MAHHA in a few hours, so maybe a chance to go a little lower tonight.

I'm going to refine this a bit. I used them at MAHHA this past weekend on Friday night. It was in the low 50's, and I felt a bit cool. I did use a lighter TQ than when I took the SLD UQs below 50, and just slept in a t-shirt and a pair of sweat pants. It was projected to go as low as 36 the next night, so I swapped out for a 0* UGQ Zep, for Saturday night. So I'd say 50 with little warm clothing and light TQ, or mid-40's with better TQ and/or warmer clothing.

I should also note that I'm a pretty cold sleeper.

ckmaui
10-14-2014, 20:26
thanks for the update :)

silent chad
10-15-2014, 10:06
Man, I got my underquilt in super quickly, but it's been really storming around here and I haven't gotten to use it yet. Probably won't get to try it out 'till Saturday at the Caddo National Grasslands ( It's forrested). Can't wait!

mychal
10-15-2014, 11:30
Super cool! What color and size?

silent chad
10-15-2014, 12:03
full length, black and silver. Really well made. This is my first underquilt.... I've done well with pads in the past.... but, almost everybody say's something to the effect of 'once you've tried an underquilt you'll never go back'. Since the price was "entry level" and I've had such good luck with Jared's stuff in the past, I just couldn't resist.
Most of my "hiking" is in areas with no trails at all... weight, size, etc. is critical simply because I'm working my way through underbrush, briars, creeks and the like ...most of the trip is couching and ducking not that much walking bolt upright. A mile usually takes 7- 8 hours to traverse. A pad's not heavy, but anything that sticks out is bad to hang on vegetation. Carrying this thing will be a relative breeze!

cjayflo
10-24-2014, 11:47
full length, black and silver. Really well made. This is my first underquilt.... I've done well with pads in the past.... but, almost everybody say's something to the effect of 'once you've tried an underquilt you'll never go back'. Since the price was "entry level" and I've had such good luck with Jared's stuff in the past, I just couldn't resist.
Most of my "hiking" is in areas with no trails at all... weight, size, etc. is critical simply because I'm working my way through underbrush, briars, creeks and the like ...most of the trip is couching and ducking not that much walking bolt upright. A mile usually takes 7- 8 hours to traverse. A pad's not heavy, but anything that sticks out is bad to hang on vegetation. Carrying this thing will be a relative breeze!

Ready to go back to a pad yet? :lol:

silent chad
10-24-2014, 12:53
Not quite yet!:thumbup1: