• Random Images

• Mystic+island 2010 First Hang by Stahl in Hammocks Mystic+island 2010 Fir...
      by Stahl

• Hitchcraft On A Clark by fin in Tips  and Tricks Hitchcraft On A Clark
      by fin

• Bobble Sawyer Mod by Gqgeek81 in Homemade gear Bobble Sawyer Mod
      by Gqgeek81

• Hammock Camping News and Announcements RSS Feed

Hammock Forums Terms of Service

In October 2006, HammockForums.net was created from whiteblaze.net to be the go-to source for hammock information. HF has always taken pride in its helpfulness, friendliness, innovation, and overall positive attitude. To continue in this tradition, we’ve created the following rules for participation here.

Hammock Forums is a family friendly site. This means that our topics, language and treatment of each other are what you'd want your kids to see. We're not a bunch of prudes...we just think that the internet has enough places where that behavior is tolerated, and this particular site shouldn't be one of them. This is a great community where the norm is to support others in their ideas and projects, and not assume offense where none is intended...and therefore not to flame, call names, or create friction in our threads. Respectful disagreement is ok; disrespectful comments are not.

Please participate in accordance with these guidelines, and PM the mods with any questions.

Just a friendly reminder of HF's Terms of Service re: discussing religion and politics on this forum. It's not allowed.

I thought a reminder would help us stay focused. Applying the TOS to the holidays, it's ok to wish folks Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Solstice, Kwanzaa or whatever...but discussions about the religious aspects of the holidays will be removed. We're here to discuss hammocks, so if you have strong feelings about religion and the holidays, please find another forum to discuss them.

• Recent Forum Posts

kayak4water

WBBB Bug net hole

I've never had a campfire while camping with my WBBB. The fires that closed short sections of the PCT while I was hiking were out of sight, though winds

kayak4water Today, 02:35 Go to last post
    OutandBack

Colorado Trail Segment 1 (Waterton Canyon) is closed Aug 29th, 2015

There is no date for it to reopen. I will post as soon as I find out any info on the re opening.
    Local news reported a cyclist was chased by a bear

OutandBack Today, 02:29 Go to last post
    ylnfrt

PLUQ thought and ?

She knew you would rather have the incubator and now you know- she was right (this time)- just don't let it go to her head. sleep warm HLFL

ylnfrt Today, 02:17 Go to last post
    chefkeith

First Hammock Build - Tafetta Tablecloth Construction

That whipping is beautiful!!

chefkeith Today, 02:10 Go to last post
    Mitroxis

First Hammock Build - Tafetta Tablecloth Construction

First and foremost, this is my first attempt at making a hammock. I've got the bug. I'm going to update this thread as the project develops. As of right

Mitroxis Today, 01:41 Go to last post
    Sailor

I have committed a grave travesty...

The world is full of fallacies and we all get mis-directed. My kid bought a house in the woods and I went there to help fix it up. Told him I would

Sailor Today, 01:37 Go to last post
    webhanger

The Hangle

My compass (the regular type for navigation) has a clinometer for guaging slopes included. Comes in handy in avalanche country. I also have marked it

webhanger Today, 01:30 Go to last post
    Sailor

Skyline to Sea Trail - Big Basin- Any recent trips?

Beautiful walk, but they (the State) want you to reserve a camping space...Lots of different micro climates--chapparel, redwoods, coastal. You'll love

Sailor Today, 01:27 Go to last post
  • Donating member status

Donation area
    To make a yearly donation please click the button below.

If you are seeing this message, you are not a donating member or your yearly donation has expired.
    To remove this message and all Google ads, we encourage you to become a donating member.
  • Hammock Forums
    Helpful Videos

Click Image for videos
    Many thanks to Shug
  • Google user map

• Forum Stats

Number of Members: 43,050
    Total Threads: 107,077
    Total Posts: 1,502,950
    Currently Online: 251

Newest Member: casspir