• Random Images

• Hammock Camping News and Announcements RSS Feed

Hammock Forums Terms of Service

In October 2006, HammockForums.net was created from whiteblaze.net to be the go-to source for hammock information. HF has always taken pride in its helpfulness, friendliness, innovation, and overall positive attitude. To continue in this tradition, we’ve created the following rules for participation here.

Hammock Forums is a family friendly site. This means that our topics, language and treatment of each other are what you'd want your kids to see. We're not a bunch of prudes...we just think that the internet has enough places where that behavior is tolerated, and this particular site shouldn't be one of them. This is a great community where the norm is to support others in their ideas and projects, and not assume offense where none is intended...and therefore not to flame, call names, or create friction in our threads. Respectful disagreement is ok; disrespectful comments are not.

Please participate in accordance with these guidelines, and PM the mods with any questions.

Just a friendly reminder of HF's Terms of Service re: discussing religion and politics on this forum. It's not allowed.

I thought a reminder would help us stay focused. Applying the TOS to the holidays, it's ok to wish folks Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Solstice, Kwanzaa or whatever...but discussions about the religious aspects of the holidays will be removed. We're here to discuss hammocks, so if you have strong feelings about religion and the holidays, please find another forum to discuss them.

• Recent Forum Posts

WaffleBox

[NEW] Silpoly 2.0 colors

Keep releasing more fabrics in olive yellow and you can be my whatever you want.

WaffleBox Today, 16:09 Go to last post
    craige

[NEW] Silpoly 2.0 colors

Ooh, those all look great! The green tea looks much nicer than the last one, might be the slightly different colour RS threads or just the pic? Olive

craige Today, 16:05 Go to last post
    Texas Hanger

Has Anyone Tried to Build a Hammock Like This...

Ok... Back to the Right Angle Hammock concept...

Here is one of my design ideas for a right angle hammock. I have not taken the time to learn

Texas Hanger Today, 16:05 Go to last post
    V_Allen

Electric seam ripper

Yes, I have a friend who has one. It does work kinda - it can grab thin material - but so does a mustache trimmer (which is really all the electric seam

V_Allen Today, 16:05 Go to last post
    dakotaross

help rating underquilt

Yeah, the thing with heat reflection is that you need space for it to work. Too much and air currents negate the effect. Too little, as with the top

dakotaross Today, 16:00 Go to last post
    CamoDeafie82

Has Anyone Tried to Build a Hammock Like This...

Theres a version with one pole somewhere on youtube and bushcraft usa forum... almost the same idea and half a hammock basically... like half the length

CamoDeafie82 Today, 15:58 Go to last post
    320Tony

rain fly for WBBB XLC

Looking for resonabley priced good rain fly for my WBBB XLC that will keep me dry and give protection from elements.

320Tony Today, 15:58 Go to last post
    SGT Rock

Looking for a mesh /net hammock...

1.1 is fine

SGT Rock Today, 15:56 Go to last post
  • Donating member status

Donation area
    To make a yearly donation please click the button below.

If you are seeing this message, you are not a donating member or your yearly donation has expired.
    To remove this message and all Google ads, we encourage you to become a donating member.
  • Hammock Forums
    Helpful Videos

Click Image for videos
    Many thanks to Shug
  • Google user map

• Forum Stats

Number of Members: 40,387
    Total Threads: 103,598
    Total Posts: 1,460,338
    Currently Online: 445

Newest Member: Strung_Out