1. You must have a minimum of 50 posts to start a new For Sale thread. There is no minimum to buy. There is no minimum to participate in the 'Want To Buy (WTB)' sub forum.
Attempts to circumvent the minimum 50 posts rule by posting rapidly to raise your post count is not allowed, and will result in loss of access to the Marketplace forums.
2. Items listed in the marketplace must be related to outdoor gear.
Guidelines for outdoor gear:
b) Hammock suspensions
c) Bug nets
d) Socks (over covers)
f) Tarp suspension & stakes
g) Hardware to hang tarps, quilts, and hammocks
h) Under quilts (UQ), Top Quilts (TQ), & pads
i) Suspension or method to secure quilts or pad
k) Cook kits (pots, pans, stoves)
l) Water filtration including tubing, fittings
m) Outdoor Clothing
n) DIY supplies to make outdoor gear such as cordage, fabric, insulation, tubing, bladders
o) General Camp use knives are permitted. Buyer and seller are responsible for ensuring they comply with all local laws including size and age requirement when buying or selling knives.
p)Chairs or other camping furniture
q)Tents or items used for ground sleeping
Excluded (cannot be sold on HF)
a) Fire arms, ammunition, or holsters for same
b) Fishing, skiing, pulks, or any other sporting gear
c) Electronic gear – if it requires power or batteries it cannot be sold on HF
d) Automatic knives, butterfly knives and swords
3. A member may only have one (1) FS thread active at any one time and each thread is limited to three (3) items for sale. Any active thread with more than 3 items listed will be deleted. Once a member closes and moves his thread to the sold area they can then open another thread with up to 3 items. If a member opens a 2nd thread, thereby having two threads active, both threads will be deleted.
4. Items listed in the marketplace should be listed with a selling price. No auction-style posts, no bidding on items, or linking to auctions. No Or Best Offer (OBO) postings & no price offers to be made. However communications between members via PM is not limited with the understanding the first unqualified “I’ll take it” posted in thread is the winner.
5. Do not post links to websites that offer referral bonuses or kickbacks.
6. When items have been sold, please reply to the thread and mark them sold or that funds have been received then close/move the thread per instructions HERE https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/content.php/156-Creating-and-maintaining-your-for-sale-thread
7. No off topic discussions are allowed in FS or WTB threads. Off topic discussion will be deleted at the moderator’s discretion. This includes but not limited to recommendations or reviews (good or bad) of items offered or chatter in the thread. Please limit conversations to “I’ll take it” or to ask/answer questions about the product.
8. If PayPal is used you may not use the "Send money to family or friends" payments option. You must use the "Pay for goods or services" option.
9. Do not play "price police" and make a public post in another member's thread about where a product can be found at a lower price or comments that the seller’s price is high/low. A simple Private Message to the seller may be helpful, though.
10. Buyers must always post an "I'll Take It" in the thread where the sale is advertised. This creates a public record of the intent, and officially claims the item. Posts *always* over-ride PM inquiries when there is a debate. In the case that there are multiple claims, the first "I'll take it" in the thread gets the first right of refusal.
11. "I'll take it" is the only acceptable term for getting the first chance to purchase an item. Terms like "I'll take it pending PM", or "I'll take it, but with questions" do not reserve you the first right of refusal.
12. Once an "I'll take it" has been posted, the buyer has 48 hours to submit payment to the seller. If funds aren't received in that time, the seller may take the next offer for purchase.
13. When you post a new For Sale thread, you will have to select a prefix Click on the area and select. This will automatically preface your thread with FS: (thread title). You will not be able to post a new thread until the prefix is selected.
14. Hammock Forums Marketplace Rules must be read, AND followed, in order to maintain access to the Marketplace. Members who disregard these rules will face suspension of their access to the marketplace for an undetermined amount of time, at the Hammock Forums staff discretion.
15. Threads should be bump every 7 days. This allows the user base to know the item is still wanted and keeps it fresh in their viewing. It will also keep the moderators from removing your thread. Any thread not bumped in 7 days, will at the moderators discretion be marked inactive and removed without further notice.
1. Use thoughtful caution when purchasing. Consider how long has the member been on the forum, and the amount of the transaction.
2. Communicate clearly, frequently, and calmly. This eliminates frustration for both buyers and sellers.
3. As per rule 8 - Never use the 'I'm sending money to family or friends' payment options when purchasing. This does not automatically supply the shipping address to the seller, and it strictly limits the buyer's options for any refund if there is a problem with the transaction.
4. Consider using a shipping method that can offer tracking or delivery confirmation. USPS Priority is a good option for U.S. addresses.
The Fine Print -
- Hammock Forums is not responsible for transactions or goods exchanged.
- If there is a dispute, please PM one of the moderators.
- The Marketplace forums are meant for individuals selling surplus or unwanted gear only. It is not a place for members to start their small business endeavors.
- Hammock Forums welcomes those who wish to offer a hammock related item or service to the other members of the forum. Those wishing to offer a hammock related service or product should first contact one of the moderation team to make your intentions known and then post relevant threads in the Other Vendors and Services sub forum.
- The Marketplace forums will be kept "tidy". Old threads deemed inactive must be moved to the SOLD sub-forum, by the individual opening the thread once the transaction is completed. If you are trying to sell your item, a simple "bump" of the thread will suffice to keep it active.