• Random Images

• NO DISCUSSIONS ALLOWED ABOUT UPCOMING LAWSUITS BETWEEN VENDORS

We at Hammock Forums have decided not to get our web site involved in any discussions about any of the lawsuits that are going on between hammock vendors.
    The web site was designed to open friendly discussion about hammocks and hammock camping and we intend to do our best to keep it that way.
    This means that any thread or post that refer to the lawsuits will be removed or deleted.
  • Recent Forum Posts

Eclectic

Bottom quilt vs pad?

In my experience, even with a double layer hammock, condensation can be a problem with a pad. Some pads are better than others, and it is affected by

Eclectic Yesterday, 21:23 Go to last post
    WalksIn2Trees

Winter Hammock Camping in the Snowy Mountains: Seeking Advice and Tips

I've never actually done any winter camping in the mountains it's all been low-lands, but snow is snow... no matter how you hang your tarp, everything

WalksIn2Trees Yesterday, 20:39 Go to last post
    cougarmeat

When you find your site (trees), remember, the snow will probably be a little softer near the trunk, so you won't be able to attach the suspension as

cougarmeat Yesterday, 20:39 Go to last post
    SilvrSurfr

Bottom quilt vs pad?

Condensation is the main disadvantage with using a pad.

SilvrSurfr Yesterday, 20:31 Go to last post
    Cliffy

Bottom quilt vs pad?

I’ve been using a bottom quilt for years but am curious what folks think about using a pad slipped between a two-layer hammock? Is it equally warm and

Cliffy Yesterday, 20:08 Go to last post
    Cliffy

Best ultralight setup?

For those of us who are ounce-weenies, I’m curious what equipment people are sporting?

Cliffy Yesterday, 19:55 Go to last post
    Cliffy

My brother got me into hanging!

I never guessed it could have been so comfortable. Best transition I ever made was from tent to hammock.

Cliffy Yesterday, 19:53 Go to last post
    Cliffy

I've camped in temperatures as low as 20°F while backpacking in the mountains, but this winter, I'm considering trying some serious hammock camping in

Cliffy Yesterday, 18:48 Go to last post
  • Google Search HammockForums

untitled
  • Donating member status

Donation area
    To make a yearly donation please click the button below.

If you are seeing this message, you are not a donating member or your yearly donation has expired.
    To remove this message and all Google ads, we encourage you to become a donating member.
  • Hammock Forums
    Helpful Videos

Click Image for videos
    Many thanks to Shug
  • HYOH Podcasts

• Google user map

• Forum Stats

Number of Members: 66,561
    Total Threads: 152,527
    Total Posts: 2,094,697
    Currently Online: 3476

Newest Member: bucsfan1977