• Random Images

• FlyingMonkey

There is no available content written by FlyingMonkey
  • Recent Forum Posts

kalyng86

Hammock, TQ and UQ

For the quilts I was right about 100 bucks for the fabric and shock cord and 15 bucks or so for the down coats and comforter. You would save there having

kalyng86 Today, 16:54 Go to last post
    underserviced

Stuff sack, tarp, bug net, ridgeline organizer - what next

With scraps I've got snake skins and a gear hammock (to hang under my hammock) in mind. Otherwise I turn the rest of my scraps into bags...

underserviced Today, 16:54 Go to last post
    TxAggie

Backyard testing bb&b topquilt

Cool, thank you! I just got one of these throws, and going to try it out. I'm new to hammocking and still trying to learn from all of you here.

TxAggie Today, 16:51 Go to last post
    Monkeyboy42

4 Season Tarp

When you lay in a hammock in a sleeping bag you compress the insulation below you, which seriously decreases its insulating value. In a hammock you are

Monkeyboy42 Today, 16:45 Go to last post
    kitsapcowboy

Calf Ridge...more or less in Double Layered Hammock?

Those are all 10-foot hammocks. If you're used to 11-foot netless hammocks, the short length is probably as least as likely to be the cause of calf ridge

kitsapcowboy Today, 16:40 Go to last post
    LuvmyBonnet

4 Season Tarp

With the 2 sleeping bags maybe around 40 or so. Do you have any type of pad, reflectix or yoga mat. That would help with temps also. You can improvise

LuvmyBonnet Today, 16:35 Go to last post
    SilvrSurfr

4 Season Tarp

Two 50* rated sleeping bags will get you to 40* F (assuming you have a ccf pad or something underneath). Check out the formulas in this thread:

SilvrSurfr Today, 16:32 Go to last post
    kev138

Backyard testing bb&b topquilt

Thanks. After I took this pic I cut it back to 52" wide and replaced the grosgrain drawstring channel with one made from scrap argon fabric. The

kev138 Today, 16:30 Go to last post
  • Google Search HammockForums

untitled
  • Donating member status

Donation area
    To make a yearly donation please click the button below.

If you are seeing this message, you are not a donating member or your yearly donation has expired.
    To remove this message and all Google ads, we encourage you to become a donating member.
  • Hammock Forums
    Helpful Videos

Click Image for videos
    Many thanks to Shug
  • HYOH Podcasts

• Google user map

• Forum Stats

Number of Members: 55,346
    Total Threads: 125,195
    Total Posts: 1,746,010
    Currently Online: 558

Newest Member: Louisa